CHAPTER 24 – PLANNING WAS FUTILE
154 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took me some time but this was the best I could do. I had spent the last few days scavenging for armor pieces to fit the goblins. 

 

Then I made weapons for them using the bones of Marvel and just like my sword they were just as powerful. 

I gave the majority of experience I gained by the dungeon to these fellows. Initially they were meant to be an elite guard unit but I didn’t get enough time to evolve them. So despite everything they are still relatively weak. 

 

Even the wolves were part of my plan but once again I guess I stretched myself too thin. Just didn’t have enough time to build them just right. 

 

These past few days all I’ve been doing is creating weapons and armors. Then I used my skill “Skill Culprit” to give the weapons and armors I collected the skills I managed to steal. 

 

Things got so desperate I even stole the skills of my own dungeon creatures that died. I guess in a way the enemy helped me with that. Turns out since every dungeon creature is naturally vying for the spot of dungeon boss they are considered ‘enemies’ too. 

 

At first I wanted to fill each goblin with as many random skills as I could find but then I learnt the goblins and wolves had a limit to how many skills they could learn. 

 

Turns out four was the magic number. After I maxed out all the skills I could give them I moved on to the weapons and armors. 

 

Once again I wanted to fill each weapon with as many skills as I could find but then I learnt even those had limits. 

 

Each piece of armor could only hold one extra skill. The weapons were a lot more forgiving being able to hold two. Luckily I got a wide array of skills and even more armor pieces to put them in. 

 

One good thing that came out of all this is the fact that my skill “Skill Culprit” managed to rank up. That definitely helped a lot. 

 

…But now, now that I am feeling the commander’s power this close again.. I don’t know if I can hold out long enough to escape.

 

[Do you wish to use your stored souls to escape the dungeon?]

[yes/no?]

 

I selected yes one more time.. 

 

[error!]

 

[You have already applied to escape the dungeon, please wait until the dungeon’s heart has finished accumulating teleportation power!]

 

[Progress 9%]

 

Once again I see how cruel destiny can be. It seems I am fated to cross swords with this demon of a commander. 

 

I gripped my chest feeling the phantom of a wound acing me once more. 

 

Sigh… 

 

Well might as well take another look before I go in. 

 

Name: Donald L. Lancer

Race: Human

Title: Military Commander

Level: 35

Experience: 12,040/75,000

Hp: 7500/7500 (Status Bleeding, -10 hp per minute) 

Mana: 4000/7500

Skill Points:250/500

Strength: 1500

Speed: 500

Dexterity: 800

Intelligence: 480

 

Skills

[Self assurance level 7 Rank 6]

[White Lightning Manipulation level 9 Rank 7]

[Master Swordsmanship level 1 Rank 1]

 

[Self assurance level 7 Rank 6]

- By believing in yourself or others you/they can gain vast amounts of power.

All Stats +2000, -1 skill point per second. Can create a protective layer around the target/area to protect from all external threats. 

 

[White Lightning Manipulation level 9 Rank 7]

-You can manipulate the weakest form of Lightning to your bidding depending on your focus and mana capacity. Rank bonus - Your lightning will improve the power, strength and speed of all attacks and movement +500.

 

[Master Swordsmanship level 1 Rank 1]

-You will be more adept at wielding a sword. You will be slightly better than an Advanced Swordsman level 10 Rank 10. Your understanding of the ways of a sword are almost otherworldly. 

 

… Wow no question marks this time, he is probably letting me see everything on purpose this time. 

 

I hope he knows that I already didn’t have much faith in this battle. 

 

Well what about the other one…

 

Name: Cassandra V. Lancer

Race: Human

Title: Military Captain

Level: 30

Experience: 13,120/45,000

Hp: 3000/3000 (Status Bleeding, -10 hp per minute) 

Mana: 2800/3000

Skill Points:150/150

Strength: 1000

Speed: 320

Dexterity: 800

Intelligence: 320

 

Skills

[Inspect level 1 Rank 3]

[Shadow Manipulation level 3 Rank 5]

[Intermediate Swordsmanship level 9 Rank 9]

 

[Inspect level 1 Rank 3]

-Easily discern the basic status screen of any item/creature at or below your level.

 

[Shadow Manipulation level 3 Rank 5]

-You can manipulate the shadows to do your bidding depending on your focus and mana capacity. Rank bonus - Your shadows will improve the power, strength and speed of all attacks and movement +200.

 

[Intermediate Swordsmanship level 1 Rank 1]

-You will be more adept at wielding a sword. You will be slightly better than a Novice Swordsman level 10 Rank 10. You know close to nothing regarding the sword. 

 

Well her stats are bad too but it definitely looks like something I could handle. But with both of them on my tail…

 

My only hope is to buy as much time as I can. Maybe if I kill enough soldiers I can level up and gain some skill that actually gets me out. 

 

I really don’t know how it will work out but I won’t be killed here! I will get that comfy life and retire by a nice little farm and live happily ever after. 

 

“That’s right! I got reincarnated in this new world right? 

Doesn’t that make me like the main character or something?

I’m sure I will weasel out…. somehow.”

 

But I guess I can’t run away right now…

 

“Fine! Let’s Fight!”

[news]

SUPPORT " Reborn from the Dungeon" at 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal 

[/news]

10