CHAPTER 25 – UNDERSTANDING TRUE POWER
176 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Commander Donald flew up in the air and swung his sword at the group of twenty goblins who were fast approaching. 

 

The moment Donald swung his sword a white energy erupted at the goblins below. 

 

To the surprise of the commander the group of goblins continued and a layer of wall stacked like dominos in mid air blocked the attack. 

 

1…2...4…5..6, it took six thick layers of the earth wall skill before the energy from the slash dissipated. 

 

Commander Donald felt disappointed in himself seeing that the goblin riders actually made it to his army. 

 

The goblin riders who had superior mobility rode around the troop of men and impaled them one by one with the weapons in hand. 

 

The invading soldiers were all on foot and against the agile goblin riders were basically sitting ducks. 

 

Sir Donald realizing the disadvantage his men were at clenched his fist and gathered a white energy in his palm. 

 

The air felt magnetized as thin white electrical currents were absorbed into Donald’s fist. 

 

Within a few moments Donald hit the ground and shook the cave. The electric arcs ran outward from his fist and rushed towards the goblin riders. 

 

In an instant all of the goblin riders were surrounded by large pillars of electricity and screamed in agony as they were all assaulted by the commander’s  attack. 

 

The commander, finally feeling like he had made an impact on the fight smiled inwardly with joy.

 

Unfortunately for the commander the moment the white pillars of electricity dissipated the goblin riders along with their wolf companions were unharmed. 

 

In fact they looked even more powerful than before. Each of the goblin warriors roared in excitement as they lifted their weapons and continued to fight in excitement. 

 

Commander Donald was a little taken aback, were these goblins immune to electricity? He had only seen this property in stone golems or other entities that wielded the same talent. 

 

Donald wanted to get to the root of the matter however with his men being assaulted so badly he could wait around. 

 

“Cassandra! Fight with your men!”

 

Cassandra, who until now was way in the back jumped forward landed between a goblin rider and a group of her soldiers. 

 

“I shall be your angel of death!”

 

Cassandra swang her sword wrapped in shadows expecting to slice the goblin riders on to find her attack parried by the goblin rider. 

 

The goblin rider with its bone white spear shrieked as it countered the attack and returned another. 

 

The other goblin riders circled Cassandra and launched supporting spells.

 

Cassandra’s soldiers tried to support her with their own spells but the goblin riders put up shield magic to protect themselves.  

 

“That’s not possible!”

 

Cassandra was dumbfounded as the goblin riders managed to force her back. 

 

-

 

“It seems they are more than what meets the eye…”

 

Commander Donald nodded as he moved forward glancing behind him to see Cassandra and the soldier still struggling to deal with the goblins. 

 

Commander Donald jumped and landed a few distance behind before landing directly in front of the dungeon Boss. 

 

“There is no escaping this time creature.”

 

Commander Donald looked at Bliss from head to toe. 

 

Bliss had the body shape of a human. Apart from the deep yellow eyes with lizard-like vertically slit pupils he looked very human. 

 

Bliss was a few inches shorter than the commander who despite his age was still twice as large as Bliss in terms of raw muscle and body size.

 

‘He almost looks like a child..’

 

Commander Donald was finally getting a close look at the dungeon boss and was a little surprised. This tiny creature had been the bane of his life for the last few days. 

 

Commander Donald looked at its strange dress and almost forgot the rage he felt as he let out a slight chuckle. 

 

He had to admit the weird jacket matching purple pants that he wore looked very ridiculous. 

 

“I will stand and fight, I will defend my home to my dying breath!”

 

Commander Donald looked at the creature as it drew its bone white sword and adopted a stance. 

 

The moment the dungeon boss adopted its stance Sir Donald closed his eyes only to remember the screams of his dying men. 

 

The look on their faces as they exploded without so much as being able to fight for their dignity was etched deep into his subconscious. 

 

He heard the screams in his head. The scream as the plant used their bodies to kill even more men just for its avaricious reproduction. 

 

 The longer Sir Donald thought the more furry gathered in his blade as he concentrated. 

 

Even Bliss was now sweating in fear, feeling the sparks of electricity in the air. Just looking at the commander any fool could see a massive amount of electrical energy was condensing around his blade. 

 

“I will remove you from existence with a death so painful even death himself shall weep.”

 

Commander Donald dashed forward towards Bliss. The sheer speed was enough to instantly appear in front of Bliss who had already teleported elsewhere. 

 

Bliss raised his sword to parry the attack but feeling the massive amount of electrical energy rushing through the blade plus the devastating force behind the swing he knew this might very well be the end regardless of whether or not he blocked. 

 

Bliss wanted to use his spacial shield to protect himself but the speed of the commander was just too monstrous for him to have time to conjure such a construct. In the end he had to resolve himself to only blocking the deadly attack. 

 

Bliss gulped as he parried the attack and was engulfed by a massive pillar of electrical white light. 

 

The area around him buzzed as the pillar of electricity expanded outward and instantly evaporated everything it touched. 

 

The rocks were turned to naught. The floor turned into a deep crater while the two at its epicenter could still not be seen. 

 

By the end of a single attack only Commander Donald was the only one left standing. 

1

Announcement
SUPPORT " Reborn from the Dungeon" at 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal 

7