CHAPTER 27 – HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND
152 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile Cassandra was surrounded by the goblin riders. 

 

Thanks to all their weapons being made from the bone of the pseudo dragon Marvel they all had the skill ‘thunder absorption’ attached. Because of this when the entire team was hit by Sir Donald’s attack they had absorbed the electrical energy and now their stats were beyond anything they felt before. 

 

 Now the goblins could keep up and go toe-to-toe against Cassandra. With then outnumbering her ten to one she was feeling a little bit of pressure. 

 

The only saving grace was the rest of her army still attacking the goblins from the back with their range attacks and spells. 

 

This forced half the goblin riders to play defensive and focus on the oncoming attacks.

Cassandra was being attacked by spear after spear. Even the white wolves took turns to claw at her. 

 

They bounced her around like a rag doll. Being a professional she did manage to block the more vital hits leaving her with only superficial wounds.

 

Cassandra was growing exasperated and searching for an opening. The goblins were smart enough not to give her any time to gather her mana nor collect her bearings. 

 

[RUMBLEEE]

 

From the distance a massive pillar of white light erupted and shook the entire dungeon. 

 

“The commander really isn’t holding back.”

 

Cassandra, like the goblins, looked in the distance at the light show produced from the battle between the commander and the dungeon boss. 

 

Cassandra realizing this was the lul she was hoping for all along clenched her sword and gathered the mana around herself and within her. 

 

[Shadow doppel!]

 

When Cassandra finished speaking, the shadows of the goblin riders rose from the ground. The shadows kept the shape of the goblin riders looking like some dark fusion of the goblins and the wolves they rode.

 

The shadow doppelgangers weren’t very strong but they had the sharp claws and matching spears to attack. Even better was that in one casting Cassandra had flipped the battle from a one on ten to eleven versus ten. 

 

The goblin riders reacted as any creature would. Seeing the shadows the same size as them they launched a flurry of spear attacks some even dropped earth shields on the shadow creatures. 

 

The shadow doppelgangers returned furious thrusts and sharp claws but they just couldn't quite match up to the goblin riders. 

 

Almost as quickly as the shadow doppelgangers were summoned they were destroyed and returned to the ground where they came from. 

 

The goblins looked around trying to find the pesky captain that had summoned the shadow doppelgangers but seemed to have lost her. 

 

“I’m right here!”

 

Appearing in the air with her sword behind her ready to swing was the captain. 

 

“Desolate Slash!!”

 

The instant Cassandra unleashed the energy in her slash it felt as though they had fallen into a world of black and white. 

 

The goblin riders who were at the epicenter of crescent strike were instantly shredded by the shadow energy. The few that were a few meters further were cut in half and those even further out sustained heavy injuries. 

 

When light returned to the domain the quietness of the battlefield was deafening. 

 

The goblin warriors that were injured roared in agony. While those who were holding back the army were forced to support the injured riders before the captain made meat sacks of them too. 

 

The captain had just landed after making a devastating blow. Behind her the rest of the army came running to support her while the rest of the goblin riders also came to surround her once more. 

 

The only problem with surrounding Cassandra this time was that she had already gathered her mana and was ready to launch her spells back to back. 

 

As expected the goblin riders being on wolves managed to surround her before her army could support her. 

 

“Shadow Grip!”

 

From the shadows hands rose up and grabbed the goblin riders keeping them in place. 

 

The goblin riders struggled to break free. The wolves tried to claw and flash their way out but the shadows held them down regardless. 

 

 By the time the goblins broke free they had already been surrounded by the army and Cassandra was already charging up her sword filling it with more shadow magic. 

 

The twelve remaining goblin riders, realizing they were surrounded, looked at each other and nodded in agreement. 

 

[Berserk skill has been activated!]

[Berserk skill has been activated!]

[Berserk skill has been activated!]

[Berserk skill has been activated!]

[Berserk skill has been activated!]

[Berserk skill has been activated!]

 

One by one the goblin riders along with their wolves eyes glowed crimson red. The wolves’ fur changed from a dirty white to a blood red color while the goblins gained a muscular and bulky physique. 

 

Faster than anyone could expect the goblin riders dashed out of the encirclement in all directions and went on a mad rampage. 

 

The soldiers that were in whatever direction they dashed were reduced to road kill or a snack for the mad wolves. 

 

The goblins were so mad in rage that a few of them even crashed into each other and started fighting like wild beasts. 

 

Cassandra looked on as the goblins killed the soldiers and even their own kind in a mad haze of rage. 

 

Seeing all the death and screams around her she was paralyzed by fear. She had been in fights before but this much wanton slaughter and death was unheard of. 

 

Never had she imagined that a simple dungeon extermination would be on par to small-scale battles and even those never carried this much death and blood. 

 

Cassandra fell to her knees not understanding why she had lost so many soldiers. 

 

The soldiers did their best to survive the savage beasts. They erected shields and fired spell after spell. But the mad goblins and wolves took hit after hit and only continued their rampage. 

 

They seemed almost immune to pain. Their rampage was impartial. Friend or foe whatever crossed their path was attacked until one remained. Some of the goblin riders and wolves were already riddled with arrows but they rampaged on regardless. 

 

“No more!”

 

Cassandra wiped the dirt and dust from her face and gripped her sword once more. She didn’t know what to do but she knew what she wanted. 

 

She wanted to end it. She wanted to end it all. The moment the thought crossed her mind her eyes glowed black.

 

Cassandra felt like the gods themselves were inspiring her. Cassandra tried something she had never done before. All the surrounding shadows merged on her and wrapped her in a cocoon of darkness. 

 

The shifting in shadows caused her to gain the agro of all the berserk goblin riders at once. 

 

By now only eight were left standing due to infighting. 

 

The shadows settled on Cassandra who held a look of determination. When the cocoon broke Cassandra was wearing thick armor made of a deep black substance. 

 

She looked like a dark knight with a black sword now twice as long. Despite the bulk of the new armor it felt almost weightless to Cassandra. 

 

“I will not let another soldier die today!”

 

-

SUPPORT " REBORN FROM THE DUNGEON" AT 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal 

8