CHAPTER 30 – A STRANGE ENCOUNTER
178 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[An Ancient Decrepit God Has summoned you]

 

Bliss opened his eyes and found himself on a checkered floor in a dark space. 

 

Bliss struggled to find his footing but then landed on the hard surface. 

 

[BAM!]

 

“Ugh… Am… did I die?”

 

Bliss slowly got up looking at his body.

 

Bliss looked at his fist and tried to remember the last thing that happened. 

 

“All I remember was… pain… A lot of it…”

 

Just remembering his last moments was enough to make him stumble over at the phantom pain. 

 

[Have you given up, young dragoon?]

 

A firm voice resounded in the darkness of the vast outer space.

 

Bliss looked around only to be assaulted by the question once more. 

 

[I asked, Have You Given Up?!]

 

This time the voice was loud and domineering even Bliss fell to one knee before answering. 

 

“I didn’t ‘Give Up’!

 

I was killed!”

 

[You are still here. So you are not dead yet.]

 

The voice retorted.

 

“I guess you didn’t see it but my HP dropped to zero…”

 

Bliss answered in a tone marked with the regret of failure.

 

[I said you are not dead. Look at your HP again.

 

This time convert the unit to bacterium]

 

“Convert… unit to bacterium?...” Bliss was a little confused but he brought up the system nonetheless and followed the instructions. 

 

Name: Bliss Bloodborne

Race: Dragoon (young)

Title: Dungeon Boss

Level: 25

Hp: 0/3500

Status: Heavily injured + Bleeding 

Mana: 0/2200

Skill Points:0/130

 

[Do you wish to convert the unit of measurement to bacterium standards?]

 

Bliss selected yes in his mind and a slightly different sheet popped up. 

 

Name: Bliss Bloodborne

Race: Dragoon (young)

Title: Titan tier bacterium Dungeon Boss

Level: 25000

Hp: 457/350000000000

Status: Heavily injured + Bleeding 

Mana: 0/22000

Skill Points:0/130000

 

Bliss looked at his HP in surprise with a bit of worry realizing his HP was still falling by the second. At this rate he barely had five minutes to live. 

 

“So if I’m not dead then what am I doing here?”

 

[You cried like a toddler for a God so now here is one.]

 

The darkness parted and a figure with eight wings and beautiful ram horn appeared before Bliss and walked over on the checkered floor. 

 

Bliss gulped realizing that he was the cause of the situation  he was in. 

 

[You don’t have much time…  In fact neither do I…]

 

“Who… what are you?”

 

Bliss stepped back; the sheer atmosphere around the avatar was too suffocating for a mortal like himself. 

 

[I am MorningStar, the First of the Demon kind, progenitor and God of all things Demonic]

 

Bliss stiffened up hearing the introduction of the being approaching him. He stepped back as the demonic avatar continued to close the distance. 

 

Bliss ran out of space and was at the edge of the checkerboard. 

 

“So what do you want with me? Are you here to take me to hell or something?”

 

The avatar paused, giving Bliss an intriguing look. 

 

[No, the gates of hell have long since been forced shut. Only a few of my children manage to escape these days…]

 

The creature answered straightforwardly as he observed Bliss from head to toe. 

 

[I wish to make a deal]

 

The avatar cornered Bliss and whispered in his ear. 

 

[I am dying as well]

 

Bliss eyes widened hearing the being confess. 

 

[But I believe we can save each other…]

 

The being opened its hand and the image of dried up demonic creatures living deep within the earth appeared in a crystal.

 

[My believers have lost hope and consequently I have lost my power.]

 

The image flicked between demon after demon all looking to be on the brink of death. 

 

[You and them are very similar, that’s why I chose you.

 

That and the universal barrier seems slightly thinner around you..]

 

The being rubbed its chin as it took a closer look at Bliss. 

 

Bliss calming down took a closer look at the godly creature and realized that the glow that encompassed the being was fading. 

 

‘Why do I always run into the half dead creatures?’ Bliss questioned inwardly before gathering his thoughts. 

 

“What’s in it for me?”

 

Bliss realized this was a negotiation and decided to use his old tricks. 

 

[I do not have a psyche young dragoon. Refrain from attempting exploitations, neither of us have the time.]

 

Bliss almost stepped back and fell off the board when the being responded. He was stopped dead in his tracks before his mind games had even started. 

 

[I will just tell you what I can offer and you decide]

 

The creature finally let up and stepped back giving Bliss space to breath. Morningstar didn’t have the strength nor time to barter so he spoke as directly as he could. 

 

[First is a weakened blessing that will get stronger the more you achieve my wish.]

 

[Second is a place as Demon God starting as a divine avatar]

 

[Or thirdly the divine blessing of a god]

 

Morningstar continued to explain in depth about each possibility. 

 

For instance if Bliss chose the full divine blessing now, while he would gain untold strength he would lose the guidance of the Demon God since bestowing that much power would send him back into a deep slumber. 

 

If Bliss went with the first option the benefits in the early stage would be relatively negligent but he would still be able to receive the guidance of the Demon God since bestowing such a weak blessing would not take too heavy a toll. Plus this blessing had the potential to grow several times stronger than a normal divine blessing.

 

But for the third option Morningstar had to explain in depth that the demons were considered enemies by almost every other race and their gods. Him becoming an avatar was tantamount to declaring himself enemy of all the gods and nations. 

 

Sure his power would be on par with some of the highest level of creatures but his life would be tormented by other creatures trying to kill him. 

 

Bliss didn’t need very long to decide what to do. Afterall, at this point if he didn’t get the help of this God he was already dead in the real world.

 

“I have decided.”

 

Morningstar smiled wide and looked at Bliss.

 

[No need for words, us gods know the mediation of hearts.]

 

[Thank you for taking my selfish request]

 

Bliss didn’t get to hear the last words of the god. Before Morningstar even began to speak he was already opening his eyes.

 

[Slam!]

 

The moment Bliss opened his eyes he felt a foot at the back of his head stamping him into the ground. 

 

The familiar pain returned as Bliss felt his sensing return from darkness. 

 

“Commander, I think he is regaining consciousness. Should we continue with the torture?”

 

Cassandra looked at Commander Donald and asked earnestly. 

 

“Yes. But you better not let him die. We have the death of over a hundred men for him to pay for.”

 

The Commander answered Cassandra with a neutral tone, while he sat down breathing heavily trying to gather back his mana.

 

The Commander sat and watched as Cassandra and the rest of the men took turns slicing and stabbing Bliss's body only to give him a healing potion to prevent him from dying. 

1
SUPPORT " REBORN FROM THE DUNGEON" AT 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal

8