CHAPTER 31 – STARTING ON HIGH DIFFICULTY
158 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alright that’s enough. Kill him and let’s take the dungeon’s heart.”

 

Commander Donald got up and dusted off himself. The men were still taking turns stabbing the decrepit body of the dungeon boss who was holding on to dear life by a thin thread and a few bottles of healing potions. 

 

Commander Donald had to admit that the healing and vitality of the dungeon boss was far greater than he could have guessed. 

 

Bliss laid on the ground wallowing in his own blood and fecal matter. His body consumed by pain and agony so intense a bath in the sun would be more comforting. Bliss had no voice left to wail nor tears left to let loose. This was truly a living hell.

 

Bliss was hit with the only notification he had been waiting on. 

 

[Progress 100%]

 

Since that talk with Morningstar the progress percentage had been moving three times as fast but it still felt like an eternity for Bliss who had to withstand the hate of the army. 

 

[Teleporting you to a random point outside of the dungeon…]

 

“Sir… Commander… Did you… did you see what just happened?!”

 

The soldier that was about the chop off Bliss’s head looked around dumbfounded trying to find the dungeon boss. 

 

Commander Donald squinted his eyes and tried to sense if any residual mana was in the air. Unfortunately he could not see any trace of a spell being used. If he had to guess this might have been the work of God and it’s system.

 

“Just carry on and collect the dungeon’s heart.”

 

Commander Donald was just too tired to be irritated. He rubbed his forehead trying to figure out what he would report back to his superior. 

 

Over two thirds of the army had been annihilated with some heavily injured and some even downright traumatized. 

 

When Viscount Lander gets the report of this battle he will most likely be forced to step down as the commander. Despite this fact, what truly humiliated him was how much he failed to keep the men alive. 

He wanted to prove he was better than the nobles who only treated the men like cannon fodder but time after time the men were massacred behind his back. 

 

“I am as lowly as those nobles afterall…”

 

Commander Donald shook his head feeling useless and decided to just accept the consequences. 

 

-

 

[Quest ‘Your Dungeon is under attack’ has failed]

[punishment -2 levels]

 

[Quest ‘An army has declared war’ has failed]

[punishment -5 levels]

 

[Quest ‘Strike fear into the hearts of men’ has been successfully completed]

[Reward +1 Rank on a random skill]

 

[You have failed to defend your dungeon

You have lost the title ‘Dungeon Boss’ 

you have lost the hidden trait ‘superior growth’

You have lost the hidden trait ‘Dominating Presence’

 

Your Dungeon’s Heart has been stolen.

All your dungeon privileges and authority has been revoked]

 

Bliss was awakened by a series of notifications. Bliss held his head and looked at his body. He felt significantly weaker but the pain, the agony that tortured him before was now gone. 

 

Bliss still felt groggy as he tried to stand up and gather his bearings. 

 

“AAAhhh!!”

 

Bliss looked around and saw tall black flames dancing around and subconsciously screamed in pain. Bliss took a step ready to run out of the flames but the first step he took he felt a skull crack under his feet. 

 

Bliss turned the other way but the black flames danced even more and even lashed out at Bliss.

 

Bliss covered his eyes trying to protect himself but then he realized that he could not feel any sort of heat from the flames. 

 

Bliss took a second and realized that the flames were not affecting him. In Fact he felt a little stronger the more he bathed in the flames.

 

Bliss clenched his fist and decided to check his status screen. 

Name: Bliss Bloodborne

Race: Demonic Dragoon (young)

Title: Demon Heir 

Level: 18

Experience: 0/5,000

Hp: 2300/2300 

Mana: 1500/1500

Skill Points:100/100

Strength: 650

Speed: 150

Dexterity: 650

Intelligence: 100

 

Skills

[Self assurance level 1 Rank 2]

[Minor Space magic - level 3 Rank 2]

[Basic Weapons Crafter (M)- level 2 Rank 3]

 

Hidden Skill

[Keen eye - level 2 Rank 2]

[Skill Culprit - level 2 Rank 4]

 

Skill Description 

 

[Self assurance level 1 Rank 2]

- By believing in yourself you gain vast amounts of power.

All Stats +200, -1 skill point per second.

 

[Minor space magic (M) - level 3 rank 2]

- Minor space manipulation. 

Self teleportation 40 meters, costs 50 mana.

Spatial Bag 5x5 meters large.

Spatial Wall costs 45 mana per meter and 100 mana per second to maintain. 

 

[Basic Weapons Crafter (M) - level 2 Rank 3]

- You can create weapons and armor that are slightly sturdier than normal. One random compatible skill will be added to  weapon/armor.

 

Hidden Skill

 

[Keen eye - level 2 Rank 2]

-Easily discern the basic status screen of any living creature at or below your level.

 

[Skill Culprit (M) - level 2 Rank 3]

- You can steal 1 random skill from a killed enemy and add it to your skill stash. Skill will revert to a random lower level. Skills in skill stash cannot be activated unless equipped to a weapon or given out and cannot be re-entered into the skill stash (max 6). (5/6)

 

Race Description

 

-Demonic Dragoon - 

A corrupted subClass of the pseudo-dragon species, they are marked by superior strength, heightened senses and a signature demonic-dragon transformation.

-Demonic-Dragon mode - +250 all stats. Able to summon hell fire. Lasts for 5 minutes.  Four hour cooldown time. 

Bliss looked at his status screen feeling helpless. His level and attributes had significantly fallen. 

 

He felt like he should be thankful that he at least made it out of that situation with his life but seeing all of his hard work go down the drain would make any grown creature cry. 

 

His dungeon bosses that he had sacrificed XP for had all been killed. And even the dungeon heart that he had stored souls in had been taken. But what irked Bliss the most was getting evicted from his home.

 

He had spent so long trying to build back the comfort of his past life. He had only built a fraction of it and it was already taken. 

 

Bliss felt dejected in his heart at his own weakness. He now understood why strength was everything in this world. 

 

At that moment Bliss vowed to himself that he would build an even more comfortable life than ever before. And this time if anyone tries to take it they would have to go through hell to reach him first. 

 

Bliss was very resolute as he stood in the flames and then stepped out. 

 

When Bliss stepped out he was surrounded by slender tan skinned creatures who looked at him in disbelief. 

 

The demons with tiny horns of all shapes looked at Bliss and Bliss looked at them. Both sides equally as clueless. 

 

[Blap]

 

The first one to faint was a shriveled up old hag with a single horn. 

 

After she fell the crowd of demons broke out in loud noises. 

 

“A demon King has been born!”

 

The crowd that surrounded the fire all broke out in excitement. They screamed so passionately that some of them even started foaming at the mouth before they fainted. 

 

Bliss stood there utterly confused. 

1

SUPPORT " REBORN FROM THE DUNGEON" AT 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal

9