CHAPTER 35 – GATHERING A TEAM
110 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere in the bar was hearty and lively. 

 

Regardless, one individual sat there with a clear air of depression. 

 

“Umm… are you Khan?”

 

A lady with a bone white staff with purple veins stood behind the man who was busy trying to get drunk.

 

“And who’s askin?”

 

Khan looked around ready to swing but was surprised by the beauty of the lady behind him. 

 

“An adventurer… My name is Linda.”

 

Khan, seeing her beauty, instantly sobered up trying to get the woman’s attention in a different sense. 

 

“Linda…Linda… i’ve heard of that adventurer’s name before!”

 

You’re that new gold ranked adventurer that everyone is talking about!”

 

Khan checked her out from head to toe and realized something.

 

“Wait! What does the mighty dragon queen need with a low level adventurer like me?”

 

Linda nodded feeling more relieved that the adventurer had heard of her. She felt proud of her achievements in these past months and felt like she had really grown from that helpless adventurer who needed others for support. 

 

“It's… It’s about this.”

 

Linda took a seat before taking out a few parchments of papers with reports from other adventurers. 

 

Khan gave them a shy look before taking them up and inspecting the reports more closely. 

 

“There… there’s no way these reports are correct!”

 

Khan fell into disbelief. 

 

“I’m afraid there is simply too much evidence for them to be false adventurer Khan.”

 

Linda responded in a humble tone. 

 

Cold sweat covered Khan as he tried to suppress the fear and trauma he had been trying to drink away. 

 

“But… no two dungeon’s can be the same. 

 

And I went there on my own to make sure that the dungeon was destroyed.”

 

Khan grew more agitated the deeper he read into the reports. 

 

“I know that, that is why the guild has tasked me with investigating this new dungeon. 

 

I would like someone with experience like yourself to join my team and get to the root of this matter.”

 

Linda finally managed to spit out why she was here. Khan chuckled hearing her request and took a sip of his liquor before responding. 

 

“Listen here woman! I read the commander’s report about that dungeon. 

 

One hundred and fifty two! That’s how many soldiers went down there to destroy the dungeon.

And do you know how many came back alive?”

 

Khan got up and pointed his finger at Linda as he began to raise his voice.

 

“Freaking twenty! And of that twenty half were injured and the other half that weren’t injured threw in their resignation the next day!

 

Every single one of them that I tried questioning turned into freaking raging madmen just at the mention of that dungeon!”

 

Linda remained composed, her gaze unwavering despite Khan's growing agitation. She knew the gravity of the situation, the depths of fear that the dungeon had stirred among even the most seasoned adventurers.

 

Khan's voice echoed in the bar, drawing curious glances from those around them. But Khan didn't seem to care. His frustration had taken center stage, fueled by the haunting memories he had fought to suppress.

 

"Those dungeons aren’t natural! They’re cursed! Possessed by some godforsaken demon!

Nothing could explain how we could have lost so many good men in a single dive!"

 

Khan's voice wavered, a mixture of anger and fear leaking through his bravado. Linda's expression remained compassionate, understanding the scars that ran deep beneath Khan's tough exterior.

 

"Adventurer Khan, I understand the pain you carry. I've seen the devastation these dungeons have wrought. Families torn apart, towns left in ruins… That's why I'm here."

 

Linda's tone was gentle, her words carrying a weight of purpose that seemed to resonate with Khan's own desire for answers.

 

Khan's shoulders slumped, his anger subsiding as he sank back into his seat. His fingers clenched the reports in his hand, knuckles white with tension.

 

Khan closed his eyes and the faces of his teammates flashed before them. 

 

“We are going with a team of Crystal Ranked adventurers, in fact the leader this time is a Sapphire Ranked adventurer with years of experience.”

 

Khan’s eyes beamed with hope when he heard this. It had to be noted that the disparity between silver and gold ranked adventurers and the crystal and sapphire rank was akin to the difference between heaven and earth. 

 

Hearing this Khan immediately changed his demeanor. 

 

“Then why do you need me then?”

 

“They just wanted a guide. They said they wanted a backup in case something happened to me.”

 

It may have sounded cruel but it was acceptable when dealing with well seasoned adventurers. 

Khan nodded in understanding. 

 

“Well, I will come under two conditions.”

Linda’s expression grew excited knowing she had convinced Khan.

 

“I want to be there when you all kill that bastard of a dungeon boss!

And I want to bring two of my friends along!”

1

A NOTE FROM BRIGHTSHADOWWORKS
A NOTE FROM BRIGHTSHADOWWORKS
SUPPORT " REBORN FROM THE DUNGEON" AT 

Patron/Brightshadowwork

or 

Donate at Paypal 

6