CHAPTER 52 – TROUBLE COMES IN PAIRS
164 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“All of that and he is still standing, pathetic”

 

Atrox was the one to scoff at Diablo’s attempt at giving Bliss a demon’s death. By now he had understood what was happening and why Diablo had thrown him down in such a manner. Although his pride was hurt he felt more anger towards Bliss rather than Diablo. 

 

The both stood side to side staring down the charred body of Bliss. It felt like an intense stare off but Atrox was the one to break the tension and rush forward. He lunged with a spear made of bone, throwing it with a might that would deter lesser demons. 

 

Bliss stood still and instantly a rift in the fabric of space appeared directly in front of him and swallowed the spear. 

 

Atrox's eyes opened wide as he saw his attack disappear into an abyss. 

 

“Impos-” His words were cut short when he felt a sharp object piercing his body. 

 

Atrox looked at the spear and saw the familiarity in the weapon, it was his own after all. Atrox instantly fell to the floor in confoundment not understanding how his own attack could be turned on him. 

 

Diablo, who was still in the crater, shook his head in pity. 

 

“To be young and naive..” Diablo sighed inwardly as he jumped to the top of the crater behind Atrox looking at him in pity as he nursed his wound. 

 

But Bliss was far from done; he instantly teleported in front of the kneeling Atrox and retracted his fist. 

 

Atrox realizing the danger but now nursing a severe wound gulped inwardly as the bone armor around his body began to swell to protect his body. 

 

Immediately Atrox was encased in a thick and dense white ball of pure bone. But Bliss paid the increased defense no mind and continued with his attack. 

 

Diablo, who was behind Atrox’s ball of bone, felt a level of uneasiness he could not shake off. He couldn’t understand where Bliss’s confidence had suddenly emerged from in the span of a few seconds. 

 

To Diablo, they were on relatively equal footing with Bliss, and up until now the flips in the fight were expected of opponents sizing up each other. It was a pity Diablo did not understand that Bliss was literally fighting for his life. 

 

But Bliss continued with his attack. His punch had an unassuming nature until Bliss fully extended. 

 

Just like earlier in the battle, all of Bliss’s garments released a blinding glow right before he fully unleashed the attack. His attack made direct contact with the sphere of condensed bone. 

The arena fell into a state of complete silence as the attack landed and as though reality itself took a moment to understand the happening, all of the loose stones, rocks and tiles from the arena rushed in one direction. The wind that was non-existent turned into a wind tunnel so powerful it would rip lesser demons apart. 

 

Diablo, who was behind the ball of bones, was flung back with such force that he instantly was thrown into the divine barrier followed by the rocks and debris that clobbered him until spider web-like cracks were fully visible running through the entire divine barrier. 

 

A few more seconds and the barrier was completely shattered by the sheer after effects of his attack. 

 

Meanwhile, Atrox who was at the epicenter of the attack received the worst of it. His layer upon layer of armor was reduced to something a little less than a child's arts and craft project, Bliss’s attack tore through it like a hot knife through butter. 

 

When the dust settled Bliss was the only one left standing in the arena with a tunnel made of earth and stone running out to the edge of the small town. 

 

Bliss looked at his gear to make sure they were not destroyed due to the skill he had on them.

 

[Dragonic-skin Shrug Jacket

 

A simple jacket made with the skin of a pseudo-dragon

 

Skill 1 - Active Attack Boost rank 2 - Strength will increase by 100% when attacking or defending,  1/3 uses per day.

 

Skill 2 - Active Speed Boost - Speed will increase by 100% when attacking or dodging. 1/3 uses per day.

]

 

Bliss had used the skill of every piece of gear he wore at once, once again. This resulted in his attack being amplified by at least four times. 

 

Eventually, Diablo was seen holding a dislocated shoulder and limping back towards the arena, his fighting spirit obviously broken. After all the damages his body had sustained, he had reverted back to his base form. 

 

Diablo walked forward, his eyes filled with an almost made fixation towards Bliss who also began to revert to his base form. 

 

The moment Diablo made it to Bliss his eyes welled with tears and he gave Bliss a giant bear hug. 

 

“I am sorry I ever doubted your strength.”

 

Bliss, shocked by the demon’s sudden and public display of affection gave him a few seconds before pushing him on. 

 

“Ahem, what of the trial.”

 

Bliss said in a low tone, trying to remind Diablo of his duties. Diablo let go of Bliss and looked up at the audience who were all still speechless with an embarrassed expression. 

 

“Ah yes, the trial.”

 

Diablo cleared his throat as he adopted his deep voice. 

 

“By the authority passed down to me, I declare Bliss, the newest Demon Lord!”

 

With a thunderous nature, applause rang out throughout the audience. 

 

Bliss was instantly consumed by a pillar of red energy that danced around him. The energy seemed to invigorate his body. Bliss’s body lifted off the ground and he was instantly met with a notification. 

 

[WARNING! The Dungeon’s Heart has sensed immense danger and has issued a mandatory quest!]

 

[Your dungeon is under attack, defend the dungeon!

 Reward +5 levels.

Failure - death ]

 

Bliss wanted to investigate but he was then met with another notification.

 

[Mandatory Mission “Trial of the Demon Lord” has been successfully completed!

 

Now issuing rewards.]

 

Bliss was then hit with a wave of pain the likes of which he could have never imagined. His body felt like he was melting from the inside. 

 

Bliss screamed in agony but the pillar of energy seemed to prevent the demon’s from hearing him.

1