Chapter 210: Simon Base Assualt (4)
80 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On another side of the base, Kaya, Marianne and Rubis were waiting. Marianne held the Yellow Gun in her hand.

“Kaya what is it like having a devil fruit?” Rubis asked.

Kaya thought for a moment. “It is a blessing,” Kaya replied.

“Blessing?” Rubis questioned.

“I used to be sick and bedridden. I spent most of my time listening to stories from my best friend. I was weak and frail,” Kaya explained. She added, “Then Ben came and saved me, he gave me this devil fruit, it made me better.” She had a smile on her face.

“She is strong,” Marianne said.

“I want to care for my friends,” Kaya added. She thought that Ben made her better and now she will help him.

“You are like my sister worrying about the people she cares about,” Rubis said.

“But Ben is a bit of a pervert, we had to sleep naked with him,” Rubis added. She smiled.

“He is a pervert, always going for us girls,” Kaya said. She nodded.

“But you love him,” Marianne said.

“I do,” Kaya said. She looked flustered.

Marianne and Rubis giggled. “He is and it was our choice to be with him. Me and Emeraude will leave to help out in the labs, so we wanted to be a bit closer to him,” Rubis said.

Marianne looked a little sad. “You can stay,” Marianne said.

“It is our choice, Emeraude needs someone to care for her and I am curious,” Rubis added.

“Besides I am not leaving the crew,” Rubis said.

“I know but you still will be away,” Marianne said.

“It will be like Sumi and the rest,” Kaya said. Marianne nodded.

They heard a high pitch sound in the air. They looked to the base and saw the shell drop and an explosion occurred. There was a mushroom cloud explosion.

“It's time,” Rubis said. Kaya nodded and transformed into her beast form. Marianne took position. Rubis held her spear. They waited. Another two shells landed.

Then they saw a large group of men running out of the base. They were all pirates dressed in a typical fashion. However some of them had high suspenders. They saw Din who had a large bird near him. Behind him was Niphtal who was in a mech/exo suit. Transparent panels revealed, Niphtal was in the centre of the suit. Two joysticks could be seen. Two mechanical arms, sinuous and precise, extended with a balletic grace, mirroring the natural movement of the wearer. The legs, encased in reinforced plating and powered by hydraulic pistons. Sensors and interfaces adorned the Niphtal who could see much more.

“Interesting,” Marianne said, looking at the suit. She looked like she had stars in her eyes.

Kaya made a note to tell Ben later, if it was possible to get something for Marianne. Rubis looked at the invention. “This was one of the projects being worked on,” Rubis said.

“Will this be a problem?” Kaya asked.

“I don't know,” Rubis said.

Marianne turned the wheel on the Yellow Gun. She aimed down the sight. She put her finger over the trigger. She pressed the trigger. The Yellow Gun kicked back however Marianne kept in control. A large 12-sided was shot from the barrel. It flew through the air and hit the ground in front of them. The dice shaped bullet exploded. There was a loud and powerful explosion. The bodies of the pirates were flung into the air. They landed on the ground with a big thud.

“Looks like we took most of that group out,” Rubis said.

Din and Niphtal looked at the explosion, they just missed it. “What,” Niphtal said.

“They are nearby,” Din said. He had seen the shot come through. “Over there you slow poke,” Din added.

“Don't call me that,” Niphtal said. They both moved to the direction of the fire with a dozen men. They sprinted up towards them.

“Angel Barrage,” Kaya said as she fired a rapid volley of small energy projectiles resembling angelic feathers. They hit the men behind Din and Niphtal. Din and Niphtal dodged the attack.

Din took his sword out. Rubis jumped and clashed with Din. “So you are with them,” Din said.

“I am now,” Rubis said.

Din smiled. “It saves me the trouble of finding you to go through it,” Din said.
“Through what?” Rubis asked.

“You will know soon enough,” Din replied. They both jumped back.

“Twin Gale Thrust,” Din said as he swiftly advanced towards Rubis. He launched a pair of simultaneous thrusts with his twin blades.

Rubis saw this attack. “Rouge Cyclone Jab,” Rubis said as she swept her spear in a whirlwind. The motion was used to deflect the attack. Din smiled. He followed it up with a kick which landed on Rubis. She stumbled back and fell over. Din jumped in the air. He swung down towards Rubis. Rubis eyes widened.

Meanwhile, Kaya had flown down towards Niphtal. “Angel Beam,” Kaya said as she raised her hand and fired a golden energy beam towards Niphtal. Niphtal got hit by the beam. He stumbled back.

Niphtal smiled. “You are no match for me,” he said. He swung the arm of the exo suit towards Kaya. Kaya dodged the attack.

“Stay still,” Niphtal said. He tried to swing his arms to catch her, however Kaya just flew around.

Niphtal gritted his teeth. “I will take you out as the fly you are,” Niphtal said.

Kaya smiled. “I will be the one defeating you,” Kaya said.

Niphtal grinned. “You could be a good test subject,” he muttered.

At the same time, Marianne had also run down, however a giant bird blocked her path. Marianne looked at the greenbird. Its feathers were a rich verdant tapestry. Its eyes, deep and watchful, while its sturdy beak, a symphony of vibrant green hues. Its colossal feet, adorned with vibrant scales.

The bird looked at Marianne. She opened her backpack and took her pallet out. She held her paintbrush. “Yellow-Green of Friendship," Marianne said as she mixed the green and yellow paint. She threw it at the bird. The facial expressions changed of the bird. It smiled. Marianne smiled back.

“Can I get on your back?” Marianne asked.

The bird went down and lowered herself. Marianne got on the bird.

6