Chapter 1 – Awakening, Danger, Fury, and the Aftermath
208 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alicia had died from unfortunate circumstances. Fortunately, a goddess, named Aelia had given her a second chance, though not before she had a mental breakdown. She also added some bonuses to help her adjust to this new world. She did make sure to add some...miscellaneous changes as well, not that Alicia would found out anytime soon.

“Is this really what makes things entertaining for her?” Alicia had regained consciousness just earlier, and could not believe what she was seeing in front of her eyes. She was in the middle of a dense forest, surrounded by trees and wildlife. Even more intriguing, she had not recognized any of the flora from Earth. A part of her couldn’t believe what she was seeing, but her prior meeting with Aelia had turned her common sense into rubbish anyway.

“Just what the fuck have I put myself into…” Alicia had just realized that leaving her request so vague had backfired on her.

After an uneventful exploration of the forest, which, mind you, was her walking in a straight line and looking around, she found her stomach rumbling.

“Thinking about it, I hadn’t had anything to eat since waking up in this…wherever this is.” She thought to herself before picking some nearby berries. Appearance-wise, they looked similar to blueberries, but they had a slight red and green hue instead of Earth’s blue. She was skeptical about whether it was safe to eat but decided to take the chance anyway. Her reasoning?

“Because what could a little berry do to me?”

Moments later, a girl was laying on the floor, writhing in agony from pain.

“This god cannot even do one thing right, next time I see her I’m going to punch her until she cries and whines, then I’ll-” Her tantrum aside, she was interrupted by roaring and rumbling, signaling the imminent danger she carelessly put herself into.

What appeared behind the trees was a gigantic lion, peaking at four meters in height. Its ferocious fangs bared at Alicia, seemingly threatening to eat her whole in one bite. It looked at its prey, emitting killing intent and sending shivers down her spine.

"I'm outta here, I said I wanted food, not I wanted to become food, thanks." She said before dashing out of there with all her strength, only to be caught off guard when she realized she was moving at a speed no human can ever dream to reach. Even more surprising, she realized the lion was somehow keeping up with her pace.

"What the hell are these animals? This isn't a lion, this is a damn cheetah on steroids!" While she was still confused by her running speed, she had other things to occupy her mind right now.

Eventually, both the girl and the lion realized that this chase was going nowhere, despite this, neither was willing to relent in their run, making this a test of endurance.

The first to slow down was Alicia. During her previous life, she wasn't the very athletic type and did not have the endurance to do any type of sport for a prolonged period. While her speed and endurance did get boosted from the goddesses' tampering, it still was not enough to go against an apex predator who has been seasoning with hunting for who knows how long.

A few minutes had gone by. This situation was the same as their initial encounter, a giant lion towering over a girl. The only difference was that both their stamina was depleted. Alicia was panicking, fearing for her life for the first time since getting transported into this world.

"Save me! Anyone! Anything! P-Please!" She screamed for help, despite knowing in the back of her mind that it would be in vain.

Or so she thought, until suddenly a transparent yellow circle surrounded her like a barrier. The lion itself was intrigued, but unfazed otherwise. It waited for anything else to happen, but after a minute or two, its expression turned into boredom, and it finally started to attack.

At first, the lion seemed overconfident and used his claw to swipe at the barrier. When that did not work, he gave a hint of surprise, an expression of curiosity. The lion tried again with more force, and with each passing hit its face was turning from one with confidence to one with anger.

She dumbfounded by this predicament and was at a loss for what to do.
"What do I do now? Do I rest? B-but what if this barrier breaks if I sleep...wait... how did I make this barrier in the first place?" Alicia, being the airhead she is, still had not realized the absurdity of what had just happened. Before she could contemplate it further, the lion got fed up with its attacks failing and opened its mouth. She did not understand what was happening until a blue ball started appearing. It was a beam. A lion generates and unleashes a beam of destruction straight toward her.

For what seemed like forever, Alicia was enveloped in a white light. Initially, she had thought that she had died once again. She was preparing a barrage of questions and maybe a punch or two in the face. Though, soon later, the light around her dissipated and the real world became visible again, much to her dismay.

Opening her eyes from the blinding light, she quickly scanned her surroundings, shocked that the blast had destroyed the area as far as she could see.

"Wow, this lion was REALLY angry, huh?" Said lion was laying there, taking a nap.

This infuriated her greatly. "The first thing you decide to do after trying to wipe me out of existence is to take a nap? I'm not some random pushover!" Now, she was the one emanating killing intent, so much that the lion had woken up in confusion.

"I am going to destroy you for what you tried to do to me." Something about her snapped, and her initial cowardly self was nowhere to be seen.

The lion, the apex predator of the forest, was cowering in fear for the very first time. It was at the top of the food chain, wandering around and doing whatever it wanted. All signs of its instincts showed that this enemy was not to be messed with, and it attempted to flee the scene.

"Where do you think you're going? You thought you could kill me and get away with it?" Alicia quickly trapped the lion with the same barrier she protected herself with. Picturing her barrier shrinking closer and closer together, she crushed the lion until its limbs were twisted and broken.

Anger had overshadowed fear, but once the adrenaline had dissipated had she realized what she had done.

"I can't comprehend anything right now..." The barrier, the lion, and the world she was transported to were too much information for her. She decided to take a break from the corpse of the lion she just killed, covering both of them with a barrier so no more insects could attack her while she was unconscious.

When she awoke, the sky had already gone. Still fatigued, she looked up at the moon or well, moons.

"When disregarding all the insanity in this world, maybe it isn't so bad..." She looked up at the starry sky once more, staring at all the constellations and patterns.

Coming back from the trance, she decided to take in all the information she had gained today.

"So, massive monsters and animals exist, as well as magic? Wow... just when I thought Aelia couldn't get more crazy. Well, considering I had defeated one of those animals in question, I guess I may be pretty strong myself? Guess this could be fun, I never had the chance to go exploring back on Earth, so having a change of pace here gets me a bit excited."

"Let's not get sidetracked here. I would have to control my powers anyway...but first, food." Attempt two in getting food starts for Alicia now, yay!

"Actually, can't I just use the lion's corpse for food? I had unconsciously altered the temperature inside the barrier when I fell asleep." She had once again realized how convenient this magic is.

"Uhm, is there magic for taking bones and cartilage out of this body?"

It took about twenty minutes of experimenting, but eventually, Alicia was able to separate all the waste from the meat. She cooked the meat, and while a bit burnt, it wasn't inedible.

"Not bad for someone who's never cooked before...definitely need spices and the like though...I won't be able to live if this is all I'm going to eat."

"I guess I'll go explore some more? I don't feel that tired, and I still need to figure out a way to get out of here. At least, if I can't, I'll learn to survive here instead." 

6