13. Encounter a Monsters
244 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, the girl running in front of me turns her profile towards me.

Her determined yet charming eyes gaze straight at me.

"Why are you following me?" She says.

"Because I want to team up with you," I say.

The girl tilts her head at a ninety-degree angle, smiles at me, and says, "If you catch up with me, then feel free to stalk me."

She says and then runs ahead, climbing up on the walls like a cat, reaching the top of the maze's walls.

Quietly, yet gracefully, with movements that defy gravity and inertia, she lands smoothly at the top, and her gaze is directed at me once again.

"Come on, if you have strength, then please stalk me," She says and looks at me with expectations in her eyes.

"Just what kind of expectations does she have for me?"

I'm just about to climb up and get to her when I hear a voice. Suddenly, my anxiety rises, and subconsciously I move my body away from where I am.

I look behind me and see a goblin with a giant wooden club in hand.

"Damn, what bad timing for a monster," I shake my head and see the girl pout her lips, then disappear.

"Kyaa!!"

The goblin swings his wooden club and I easily evade it. I look closely at the goblin. It has a green body, an ugly face, big ears and nose, and is wearing nothing. It's naked, swinging its crotch as it moves around.

Talk about ugliness, but why is this guy naked? In the game, it has loincloth.

"Whatever, it's ugly and small," I stretch my fingers, and a dark sphere appears. I throw this dark sphere at the goblin.

The goblin, seemingly not understanding the horror of the dark sphere, swings his club at it.

The dark sphere touches the club and a vacuum appears. In this vacuum, the club gets sucked in, and the goblin's arm with his shoulder also gets sucked into the vacuum.

Now the goblin has lost its arms and shoulder, and those parts are missing. Blood spurts out from the missing parts, and the goblin falls down.

"I didn't expect this Dark Sphere to be this powerful!" I exclaim.

Then I see more black mist appear in front of me, and this black mist turns into goblins.

These goblins are real entities that come into the dungeon. Why do they come into the dungeon?

Unlike humans who venture into dungeons seeking resources and treasures, the reason these goblins, also known as evil spirits, log into the dungeon is solely for their "growth."

Growth. In RPG terms, it means leveling up.

For these spirits, elevating themselves to a higher existence is the supreme and essential goal that surpasses all pleasures and ethics. It is their top priority.

Becoming stronger, being recognized by many, finding one's own value—this is the way of the spirit race.

In the spirit race, all monsters like goblins, slimes, kobolds, and many others are Evil Spirits, while other spirits like Phoenixes, Dragons, Griffins, and Unicorns are Divine Spirits. Then there are normal spirits and God Spirits.

Most people make contracts with Normal Spirits.

So, the green-skinned little goblin holding a wooden club, one holding a rusty sword, and another with an axe sword are here for the sake of self-training and leveling up.

It's like encountering experience points right when I log in.

Well, I'm not letting them injure me. I take out three small balls.

I see them coming towards me with their weapons raised in the air.

"Aren't you three a bit too open?" I smirk and these three balls, covered in darkness, are thrown by me.

At a speed that can't be caught by human eyes, the balls pierce the goblins' heads, and the balls come back to me.

These balls are normal, only the darkness that covers them is abnormal. The darkness has the power of a black hole, sucking everything in.

I look at the goblins and their heads lying with their brains coming out. It's gruesome, but these goblins disappear, and shiny stones appear.

These are spirit stones. I pick them up and then look around.

"Where did she go?" I say to myself and look around.

Well, no use in thinking about it. As far as I know, the incident happened around one of the examiners, but I don't know the name of the examiner, which is troublesome.

I sigh and look around. A straight road and nothing else. In this straight road, there are some ways that go to the right and some that go to the left.

This place is a maze, so I look at the walls beside me and use spirit energy on my legs. I climb up the walls and reach the top of the maze. I look around and I have to say, this maze is a truly fantastic view to see.

I walk around for half an hour to find that girl. One easy way to find her was to look for an examiner, and I spot one. But there is no sign of that girl, so the girl must have gone to another examiner.

However, I don't have time for that. To find just this one examiner, I waste half an hour, and there is no sign of other examiners in my sight.

I have to ask this examiner to find the other four locations. Another clue I have to find that girl is that it's in the northern part of the dungeon where that incident happened.

With an examiner and in the northern side of the examiner, with these two clues, I have to find her quickly.

So I jump down from the top of the walls, landing in front of the red-haired examiner lady.

As long as she tells me the location of the northern side examiner, it will be easy to find that girl.

7