14. First Fight Against a Human
224 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body rapidly approaches the examiner's designated area, and I grant myself the defensive body enhancement skills "Armored Strengthening Shield" and "Impact Mitigation Reflect." With these skills, my body's toughness and resistance to shocks are greatly enhanced, allowing me to exhibit superhuman abilities to withstand freefall from high places.

The impact sound upon landing is barely noticeable. My landing after the bungee-free fall is incredibly smooth.

"Nicely trained," a pleasant compliment reaches my ears as soon as I touch the ground.

Upon landing, I lower my head in front of the red-haired female examiner.

"Moving in high places is an essential skill for adventurers, but there aren't many examinees at your level who have mastered this area," she says.

"I appreciate your kind words, Examiner."

"Now then. I'll explain. This is a place where examiners directly assess the abilities of examinees. I, Akari, am in charge here. You can take my test or choose to avoid it. It's up to you."

"Before that, may I ask a question?"

Feigning a composed demeanor, I decide to cut straight to the main topic.

"I don't mind."

"I apologize for the trouble. My question is, where are the other examiners located?"

Akari's stern face twists with puzzlement.

"Why do you want to know that?"

"I want to take all the tests," I reply.

While there is a different reason for my inquiry, I fabricate a suitable one as an examinee.

"I see. You not only want to take one, but you plan to go for all the other tests as well. Quite an audacious and spirited young man you are," she praises.

"Thank you. And what's your answer?"

"Of course, I'll tell you. However..."

In that moment, Akari's right hand begins to emit a crimson glow. I see a circular light resembling a magic circle expanding from her palm.

At this time I take out a chain, and this chain begins to glow dark. Although I can use those dark metal balls, that ability is deadly and can't be used for a fight like this.

"If you manage to land a hit on me..."

Akari declares, taking the dark red spear that emerges from the crimson circle into her hand. As expected, it seems that avoiding a fight is impossible.

"Okay, ready yourself," I say to her.

"Very well. Come at me with all your might!" she replies.

With those words, we initiate the battle.

I move half of my spirit energy to my brain, making my thoughts process faster, to analyze my opponent's movements, while I also use half of the energy on my chain, rapidly attacking her with the chain, making it impossible for her to come close to me.

She has a spear, and to attack me with that spear she has to come at a certain distance, but my long chain is making it impossible for her.

Because my chain is covered in darkness, the moment the chain comes into contact with her or her spear, my chain tries to suck it in. So she makes a jump behind, getting away from the chain's range.

"Well, this is Dark Attributes with Gravity properties," She says, "Then stop this attack." Saying she throws her spear at me.

My eyes widen in shock, I didn't expect this, but quickly using all my energy at once, I move the chain and warp it around the spear, but somehow my chain isn't sucking the spear and the spear is still moving at me.

At this time a wave of spirit energy pours into my body, and I'm able to use all this energy in my legs to jump high up, to avoid the spear.

"Although your gravity power is like a black hole that sucks everything, you're not at that stage where it really sucks everything." Akari says, as her spear returns to her hand.

I'm in the air and she positions her spear at me again, in the air I can't dodge this, so I stretch out my hand, all fingers are open, my palm facing the spear that Akari threw at me.

I position my hand at the spear tip, and as the spear tip touches my hand, darkness appears at my hand, warping the spear, darkness sucks it.

I see the red-haired examiner's eyes widen in shock, and not missing my timing, I use energy in my legs to throw myself at Akari. She, although shocked for a moment, regains her senses and punches at me when I come near her.

However, at the last second, using the energy in my legs again, I stop myself just before her punch hits me, I move my waist and get back behind Akari, grabbing her waist, I move my fingers to her neck, with darkness swirling around it.

A protective type of energy appears at her neck, but it gets sucked by the swirl of darkness around my finger.

"Marvelous, number twenty-six. You win."

"Thank you."

I don't feign humility and sincerely take her words to heart.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised.

In an actual battle, the result would have been different, I think... No, it's certain that Akari used only physical enhancement skills, and she even put a limit on her strength.

So this couldn't be her full strength; otherwise, it would have been a one-sided battle.

But today, at this moment, it's my complete victory. The trial is accomplished.

However, the more amazing fact is Yumi-Sama.

The amount of Spirit Energy she sent into my body is outrageous, and I think she can send me even more.

This is a God Spirit. Now I realize how powerful she is.

"It's your training you did last year." I hear Yumi-Sama's voice in my head.

I smile and bow at Akari. After I ask for the location of all the examiners that are in the north.

"Akari examiner, I apologize for bothering you when you're tired, but could you please tell me the location of the other examiners as we agreed?"

"Of course, sure. But first..."

Saying so, Akari takes out a red medal from her pocket.

"This is the proof of trial completion. Congratulations."

"...Thank you. Now then."

"Haha, I understand. First..."

But before Akari can continue...

"What?!?"

"Mu!?!"

A change occurs.

First, I feel a chill.

A black, slimy, amoeba-like eerie spiritual power stimulates our spiritual senses.

It comes from the six o'clock direction, not very close.

Despite feeling it from a considerable distance, the spiritual power is strong and eerie.

And right after that...

"uuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURYUUUUAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaaaaa!!"

An eerie, shrill voice echoes through the Azure Labyrinth, sounding nothing like that of a human.

"It's him."

Wiping the sweat off my forehead, I stare in the direction of the voice.

Today, in the Sun Light Dungeon, there's no other being capable of emitting such a sinister spiritual power.

The worst malevolent spirit who caused numerous traumas and tragedies in Enternal Bonds- the " Devourer Spirit."

The one who, in the not-so-distant future, would become the main factor behind the trial being called the "Sun Light Bloody Day," among other things.

And the criminal responsible for turning one of the heroine's routes into a depressive development had finally appeared: "The Devourer of the Dungeon."

Hey...

I'm not good at fighting scenes, but I tried my best, so tell me how it was.

Also, the protagonist is someone who mostly uses magic, not weapons, but currently, he can't use any long-distance spells, so he is using chains or small metal balls-like things.

He also likes to use these weapons, so we will see him using this weapon for a long period of time.

By the way, the next two or three chapters are going to be about that blonde girl.

Thank you for reading.

6