18. Made it at last moment
185 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When speaking of Mitsukawa in the world of Eternal Bonds, it almost certainly refers to "Mitsukawa Amane."

Mitsukawa Amane, nicknamed Ame, is one of the five main heroines of Eternal Bonds. She is the cool, perfect woman who takes over the distinguished sword family Mitsukawa.

Her beautiful appearance, dignified character, and compelling presence captivate an enormous number of players.

Indeed, I am one of those gentlemen.

Every move of hers, as a treasure trove of the "cool, samurai daughter heroine" attributes, thrills me, and my days playing the game are full of excitement.

She is cute. She is beautiful. She is incredibly charming.

I must be in love with the heroine Ame at this moment.

She is so charismatic and cool.

But contrary to her popularity, or perhaps precisely because of it, the evaluation of the Mitsukawa Amane exclusive route in the community is simply the worst.

The reason is simple and clear.

She has a strong enemy to kill.

...Yeah, I get it. You might want to say, "So what if the enemies are strong?"

If I know nothing about it, I might have the same impression, and I don't necessarily think that the story and game difficulty should be considered separately.

But the Mitsukawa Amane "route" is so terrible that it crushes common sense.

The enemies are insanely strong.

For example, small fries that launch multiple status abnormality attacks with a preemptive strike. Or small fries that should be weak but can sink allies in one punch. Or small fries that steal your items and levels and never give them back. Or demon small fries that become invincible for several turns while healing & reviving allies every turn.

These traumatic small fry enemies band together, attacking every few steps in the dungeon.

It is ridiculous. Shockingly ridiculous. And even more infuriating is that these guys are exclusive to this route and don't appear in others.

And the boss enemy of this terrible route is equally terrible.

"Shura Princess," a fearsome battle junkie that with a fearsome gift is devoured by a strong Devourer.

Its fighting style can be simply described as:

A reaper that attacks six times with normal attacks, plus devouring, summoning, and capturing simultaneously!?

Now do you understand? Nine attacks at the same time.

It's not wrong that the enemy is strong.

If Amane's route is the true end or grand route, this brutal difficulty might be forgiven.

But in reality, Amane's route ends without resolving the world's truths or the problems the protagonists must solve.

It's positioned as the third option to unlock, so it can't be helped. But then this absurd difficulty doesn't make sense.

Thanks to elaborate direction, excellent voice acting, and other high-quality elements, it's still watchable. But the evaluation of Amane's route alone is very poor for such reasons.

Moreover, the crucial scenario itself, where "the elder sister, who can't even die after being absorbed by the mutant, is defeated by her younger sister Amane along with the protagonist," adds to the bitterness. The more you love Amane, the more you hate her route, a paradoxical situation that's painfully ironic.

Well, therefore, or perhaps because of that, I want to praise myself from the bottom of my heart for making it to this moment.

I make it. It's really at the last moment, but somehow I make it.

Mitsukawa Hana, who is destined to have her dignity trampled upon even in death, is... alive.

In one piece, without any noticeable injuries, she indeed lives as a human.

I am so happy that I almost tear up, but...

The enemy is in front of me.

'Yumi-Sama, can you remove the limits?"

'Okay.'

Suddenly, all my senses become sharp, I can understand all my surrounding in an instant. I can sense even tiny movements of surroundings.

The limit Yumi-Sama placed on me is the limit of spiritual energy, and Devourer Attributes.

The body of mine isn't at a level where I can use all Spiritual Energy Yumi-Sama has, so she gives a little bit of it, and if I use that little bit, she gives me more energy.

However now, removing the limit, she gives me all spiritual energy, which is bad for my body but it's not that bad. Because of a lot of quantity of spiritual energy, I can use this energy to know all about my surroundings and even can use more powerful attacks.

Not only that but now I can even use Devourer Attribute.

I look at Devourer and its silent remains crouch, it seems it will not move for a while.

So I immediately use the dark energy ability on my fingers to cut the chains that bound the girl's limbs.

The body of Mitsukawa Hana is released with a dull metallic sound.

While supporting her waist that loses its support, I help her to a standing position with as little strain as possible.

"Can you stand?"

"Ahahaha. Thank you. You save me."

The blonde-haired girl, firmly standing on her own, laughs bitterly as if she thinks she is going to die.

She doesn't seem to have any noticeable injuries...

'Yumi-Sama can you check if she has any spiritual injury?'

'There is no sign of spiritual injury'

I sigh in relief at Yumi-Sama's diagnosis.

I'm glad. She really seems to be safe.

A feeling of relief fills my chest.

I know this chapter isn't moving forward or anything; it's kind of like a filler chapter. So, could you please let this one chapter slide, or maybe two? If I upload any filler chapters like this in the future, don't worry. I'm not going to add one filler chapter after another, although I might write an entire chapter about a person's ability or skills. So yeah, let those chapters slide.

Of course, I'm not going to fill this entire novel with filler chapters.

5