19. Battle Continue…
192 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just in case, I think I should give her that as well.

I take a transparent bottle filled with red liquid from my pocket and place it in Mitsukawa Hana's hands. 

Holding the wide bottle of liquid with both hands, the blonde-haired girl asks me with curious eyes.

"What is this?"

"A Life Potion for activating healing power. It reacts with the spiritual power in the body, enhancing natural healing. It also works for fatigue recovery. Chug it when you get a chance."

The precious healing activator that my sister gives me as a celebration gift for taking the adventurer's exam. I feel guilty towards her, but I have her use it here.

"You're giving me an adventurer-like item on top of saving me. Could you want me that much to go on an adventure with you?"

"Of course, you're the genius of the Mitsukawa Family. Having such a strong and beautiful girl as my companion is something every guy in the world wants."

"I don't expect I will be this famous."

"Your are, but this place is dangerous, so evacuate now."

Saying that, I hand her a piece of paper.

"It's something entrusted to me by the examiner Jun. Here's a map of the entire floor. The red circle is our current location, and the black circle is the entrance. You can get there quickly with your skills, right?"

As I briefly convey the information, what crosses my mind is the voice of the examiner Jun.

"It's disgraceful for an examiner to ask this of an examinee. But now, I want to bet on your ability, who has overcome the trials of the Akari examiner. Please, please save her."

Jun, the examiner who says he was saved from danger thanks to Mitsukawa Hana, entrusts everything to me, a stranger he just happens to meet.

Irresponsible? Cowardly? No, it's different.

Throwing away all pride as an examiner, and all dignity as a man, the action of Jun, the examiner who gives me the map, is neither cowardly nor weak.

Because that's how it is.

If he really cares about his own safety, he wouldn't had send me straight to the mutant.

It would be right and safe to explain the logic of an adult and forcibly send me back.

Otherwise, there's the risk of losing his position, and the worst move is a bad move that could lead to some punishment. 

Nevertheless, he believes in me and helps me, knowing the risk that his position as an administrator is in danger.

Of course, it's not an action taken without any certainty.

I think it's a green light based on the medal of Akari, the examiner I have fought with, and the quality of the spiritual power I possess.

But so what? Can you normally gamble everything on just that judgment material and aim for a possibility route where no one dies?

It must take considerable courage to make the choice to send me out, accepting the risk of being blamed even if it goes well, knowing full well that his position could be in jeopardy.

Thank you, Examiner Jun. I never waste your thoughts, and sword you gave me. I definitely will came alive with her.

Well, I am determined to save her, but that feeling is shattered in just two seconds.

Why, you ask?

"Eh, no way."

It's none other than the rescue target who refuses.

Haha, hahaha.

What is it? I feel a strong twitch in my temple.

"Okay. Explain the reason. As briefly as possible."

"I can still fight. So let's fight together. Okay?"

Nothing is okay.

"You almost die, you know?"

"I know! That's why Tatsuya-kun helps me, right? Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Is this good? Let's team up and beat him!"

I'm appalled.She's not at all broken in front of the enemy who almost killed her.

"No, wait."

Just as I am about to persuade Mitsukawa Hana—

"!?"

An oppressive, sticky sensation stimulates my sixth sense. 

That's not good spiritual power. I move my feet in a sidestep and call out to the battle manic cyborg.

"Something's coming from behind, probably chains. Avoid it while sharpening your spiritual sense!"

"Got it!"

About two seconds after Mitsukawa Hana quickly leaves the place, a total of four chains attack where we are.

One for me, three for her. That Devourer seems quite infatuated with her. 

Well, it's time to use my strongest attack.

"Mitsukawa-San, be aware of chains and hold back Devourer from me for one minute."

"Haha, gladly, I will do it." Mitsukawa Hana heads straight to Devourer without hesitation.

I look at her and see her amazing sword technique that keeps Devourer busy with her for a time being.

And chains are also going back to whatever place they came from, and it seems there is some kind of reload time for chains.

Anyway, I close my eyes, concentrate all my spirit energy in my mind. A blackish aura begins to swirl inside my body; the black swirling aura is as small as my nail, but it gradually becomes as big as my fist. Although it's still small the power it's contains is immense.

Then suddenly all black energy disappears from my body.

The battle will continue for a while longer...

This battle is going to last four to five chapters more, and this fight is the only one that will take four to five chapters. Other battles in the novel will take two chapters each.

3