20. Use Killer Skill
196 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Then suddenly all black energy disappeared.

The spiritual power that had filled my body completely disappeared, and at the same time, the supply from Yumi-Sama stopped.

The reason, of course, was the Blackish Aura Swirling that happens inside my body.

This is killer skill that requires enormous spiritual power in return for its strong ability—It might sound cool as a cliché in a supernatural battle, but the greed of this cost and the malicious risk are beyond that.

First, the cost. It's incredibly heavy.

How heavy? It consumes all my spiritual power as a greeting, and then it takes the supply from Yumi-Sama until it's fully satisfied. It's that heavy.

And the risk that comes with it is even more severe.

Think about it. What happens to a spirit user who has consumed all their spiritual power, and the supply is also cut off?

Yes, that's right. They can't use skills at all.

You know the scene where the hero in fiction is exhausted after using all their power for a finisher, don't you? That finisher blow that uses all of their MP or magical power, and the hero stands alone afterward, a soul-weary, completely burned-out wreck—That's exactly my situation right now.

...However, in my case, the technique will take time before it will take effect.

So right now, I'm just useless with no spiritual energy. Of course, I won't use such attack if I was alone, but I'm not alone, so I dare to use this attack.

Not only that, but my chains are still covered in darkness and also have the extra effect of Devour Attributes. I swing the chains, binding the Devourer with my chains, my chains are sucking all his energy and giving me.

My darkness attribute can suck the energy, but it won't give me. So Devourer Attribute is the one who sucks the energy and transmits it to me, filling me with energy.

But the question you might have is how can I use darkness and devourer attributes even after using all my spiritual energy.

The reason is that there is a loophole.

Losing spiritual power means no skill use. No skill use means a decrease in combat ability. Both are correct and undeniable truths.

But if you ask whether the effects of skills that have already been activated will be lost, the answer is no.

So before using all my spiritual energy to use that blackish aura swirling in the body, I buff my body and my chains with dark and devourer attributes, so even after losing my spiritual energy, the effects are still maintained in the chains and I have strength. Of course, the buffs on my chains and body would wear off after some time, but now...

The energy I'm getting from the Devourer is enough to maintain the buff on my chains, not to mention with the energy I got from the Devourer monster, I can even enhance my physical abilities even more. Moreover, I also have her.

"Ahhhaaaaa,"

While raising a strange cry, Mitsukawa Hana fights a large three-meter tall Devourer Monster.

It's crazy.

What's crazy is the absurdity of a monstrous figure nearly three meters tall being overwhelmed by a girl whose age is going middle school.

The specs of the weapon and the original strength are probably on the Devourer Monster's side.

Nevertheless, the advantage in this fight is tilting toward Mitsukawa Hana.

The way she is moving her sword, one after another afterimage of her sword is appearing, it's like from one sword, many other swords are appearing, creating a grand spectacle of hundreds of swords.

"Amazing," I mutter.

She moves her sword to the left, but at a speed that can't be caught by the human naked eye, she moves her sword to the right, which creates sword illusion on the left side.

Not only that, but she is even more monstrous when I see that the blade she is using is the standard sword given to us for the exam. A normal sword but it's not breaking even when she uses such a high-level skill and attacks the tough Devourer Monster.

The skill she possesses is way too overpowered for her age. Hey... This isn't fair, I'm the one who reincarnated into this world, according to webnovel logic, I should be the protagonist with op skill.

While I was complaining, the Devourer Monster breaks the chains, raising his weapon, he attacks Mitsukawa Hana, not even looking at me.

Of course, this guy is obsessed with Mitsukawa Hana's soul, and he might see her as an even greater threat than me. Where I can only bind his legs momentarily and steal a bit of spiritual energy, Mitsukawa Hana can do a lot of damage to him.

Well, when he was bound by my chains, he can't use the power of spiritual flame, which made him receive a lot of damage from Hana.

That spiritual flame, in the game, was a crappy skill which only healed half of the health bar after every turn; in real life, this skill is a cheat-like skill.

Now that he broke my chains, his body blazes in spiritual flame, recovering all damage.

Well, what I have to do is just wait for my ultimate attack to work, so I keep attacking him with Black Metal Balls, covered in my dark attributes, and whenever the dark attributes touch him, a small amount of his spiritual energy is sucked into the dark ball. Well, I lost devourer attributes, otherwise, I might be able to suck that spiritual energy for me.

"It's a losing battle, isn't it?"

Mitsukawa Hana smiles with a troubled expression. Even while showering her opponent with machine-gun-like sword strikes, she has the composure to interject in the conversation. I'm in awe.

Yup, the battle is still going to continue... And as you've already seen how powerful Hana can be, and it's just the tip of her ability, let's see how powerful she is in future chapters.

3