A Different Perspective: Seeing the World Through New Eyes
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ow, my head." "What happened?"

Chloe wakes up, and Judith is still knocked out. She turns and sees George there. George witnessed everything while standing there all along with his mouth open.

"What just happened?" he said anxiously. "I came to tell Judith the bathroom is on the right instead... Then the gem started emitting light... then... you two started elevating around the room. Then boom."

Judith starts to regain consciousness, and Chloe then realizes something is off.

"Why do I feel different?" Chloe said. "Ouch, my head... what happened?" groans Judith.

Judith sits up and sees Chloe standing in front of her. Both girls scream at each other and then collapse again. They both wake up again later.

"I just had this funny dream, I saw myself... like in a mirror or something," said Chloe. "It wasn't a dream, it's like we've switched bodies or something," replied Judith. "Oh no, this can't be happening... so wait, if you are me and I am you; who is he?" asked Judith while pointing to George. "I think, I am me?" George answered. "But how is this possible?" asked Judith. "The Merchant... the merchant," answered Chloe. "Which Merchant?" "The one at the antique shop at the mall from which I borrowed the gem did say something about body switching," replied Judith. "What are you talking about? There's no antique shop at the mall." "What do you mean? There's an antique shop at..."

"Wait, I got to put something across here... this feels like a freaky Friday prank or something... so Drake if you are hiding somewhere, you can just pop up right now," George interrupted. "Ouch," exclaims George after Chloe hits his head. "This is serious, stop joking around... My dad would be coming to pick me up." "But wait, don't you stay here?" "I am actually Judith in Chloe's body." "This is too confusing." "Yeah... he's right. Do you call me Judith or Chloe?" said Chloe. "Ok, you address me as Judith since I am in her body, and you address her as Chloe since she is in my body," responded Judith. "Ok, but there's one problem. My dad would come and look for you, what do we do then?" said Chloe.

George Smith stands with a smile on his face. "I have an idea... sleepover." "Sleepover?" "Tell her dad you are having a sleepover party." "Ok, where's your phone?" Chloe said. "What are you using it for?" Judith said. "I am going to text my dad."

Judith hands the phone to Chloe. "Having a sleepover at a friend's place, come and pick me up tomorrow," Chloe texted. "All done..."

RIIINNGGG! [the phone]

"Oh no, it's my dad... you take the phone and answer."

Chloe hands over the phone to Judith. She answers the call.

"Hello?" "Hello sweetheart, I would be dropping by to bring your toothbrush and special Pyjamas." "I have special Pyjamas?" "The ones you got from Santa last Christmas." "Oh yh... my special Pyjamas." "Ok... see you soon."

Mr. Miller hung up. "Kids!... your sister is going to spend the night at a sleepover, so I am going to send her some clothes and toiletries."

Meanwhile, back at Chloe's house. "Like seriously, how old are you, special Pyjamas?" "While they are my favorite... so, yh?" "You do know Santa doesn't exist?" "It's a family tradition." "Ok, your dad said he would be here to drop off some things." "So we have at least thirty minutes before he gets here." "Yh... so?" "You don't know my dad, but he can read people. How do you think he's a real estate agent?... You just have to stay cool and relaxed." "By the way, where is everyone?" asked Chloe. "They went home like half an hour ago when you all collapsed," answered George.

A few minutes later, Mr. Miller parks in front of the house.

Honk! Honk! [The car]

"He's here. Remember, stay cool, and everything will be ok."

Judith comes out of the house and begins to walk towards the car.

"Hello sweetheart... wow, a sleepover isn't it a big step?" "Huh? I don't get you." "Don't get me wrong, but a day ago you were this quiet... timid girl... are you sure everything is alright?" "Yh, Judith and I have a lot in common, erm... I mean Chloe. She's smart, fun, and really, really beautiful. I think she's the prettiest girl I have ever seen." "Really, for someone you just met you sure have a lot of opinions about her." "Oh no, Judith and I... sorry, Chloe and I go way back." "Alright, I think it's good to socialize with friends." "Yeah, as my dad always says..."

"I never say that." "Really, then I must have heard it somewhere, I supposed?" Judith said anxiously. "Ok, well here you go."

Mr. Miller hands over a bag to Judith.

"That bag contains your toothbrush... I am sure your friend has toothpaste at home, your special Pyjamas, and some clean clothes. There's also some money in there... when you are hungry or something you could order in." "Thanks." "I would be here to pick you up tomorrow at five." "Okkkk, bye." "Judith." "Huh?" "Are you sure everything is alright?" "Yh, why wouldn't everything be alright?" "Ok, I love you." "Love you too... dad."

Judith goes back to the house. "Your dad seems cool." "Seems cool?... He's the definition of cool."

George stands. "Sorry to interrupt the battle of the dads, but it's getting late, and I don't want to pass out on the first day of school... bye guys, see you tomorrow."

George leaves. "Well, I am going to take a shower and try to process whatever is going on," said Judith. "Sure, what should I do then?" "You could watch some TV or go and check out the house since you would be living here now." "Is there anyone else living here?" "No, just my mom, Nuna, and I." "Nuna?" "Yh, my pet cat." "So, where is he?" "He's outside, probably the loud music scared him off." "That's good because I am allergic to cats... I mean, you are allergic to cats." "If I were you, ironically... I would stay away from him."

Chloe wakes up in the middle of the night and heads downstairs towards the kitchen. "This house is huge."

She sees Judith sitting at the counter.

"What are you doing here?" said Judith. "I came for a glass of water, why are you here alone in the dark?" Chloe switches on the light. "I couldn't sleep." "Yeah, it's been a long night, but you got to have some rest." "But... what if we don't find the merchant?"

"I promise, we will find her... tomorrow we will go to the antique shop." "You know something... erm, you are not like what I expected the day we bumped into each other." "What do you mean?" "I thought you were a hothead." "I was the hothead?... You should have seen yourself, miss 'would you like to join the cheerleaders'..." Chloe said with an attempt to imitate Judith. They both laughed at her joke and went to bed.

The rays of the sun piercing Chloe's eyes woke her up. She went to the bathroom to wash her face, she grabbed her toothbrush and while she was looking into the mirror, she said, "Don't worry Chloe, everything will be over soon... hang in there."

"Good morning," Chloe said to Judith, who had already been downstairs drinking a cup of tea. "Morning, how was your night?" "I didn't sleep that well... so do you like... stay here alone?" "Naa, I stay here with my mom, but she works a lot, so she's hardly at home." "What about your dad?" "Erm," Judith puts down the cup and clears her throat, "my dad passed away when I was little... I don't have lots of memories of him, just some old photos and his watch..."

DING-DONG [the doorbell] "Who could that be at this hour?" asked Judith. "I would get it," replied Chloe.

Chloe opens the door. "George?... what are you doing here this early?" "We do have a Merchant to look for, Chloe or... Judith, still not used to this."

 
0