Chapter 3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
''I never believed that you were real, well actually, I thought all those stories were just stories, only a part of Arcadia's Culture.''
She occasionally was looking back at Fey, for proof that she really exists.
Fey, or so now called Elisora, still couldn't believe what had happened these past few hours, her consciousness was still stuck in a moment in which she found that water entrance.
New, unknown world? That woman? The Third? Her being Elisora? The Elisora she was told to find? not to mention that she's not in some sort of city or a street, She's in a whole different world! A world! with its own people! culture! stories! The castle?! Of course, the time is behind.
And the most important that made Fey speechless, numb, was the words the girl told her.
-They will want to kill you-
KILL HER? HER?! We are talking about real death here, someone wants to kill her. in a world she wasn't even born into. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
The last time Fey had a close relationship with death was when she was 13.
Mary.
Two others.
''-And heart, my mom was right all this time, I wish I believed her, I wish- ugh...what am I going to do''
Who is trying to kill her? What did she do? She didn't do anything, She just got here? This is so terrifying she wants to cry her eyes out, yet she doesn't have the strength for it, she's cold, she's hungry, and emotionally she's severely exhausted.
Familiarity is all she wanted to go back to.
A Coward.
Yet.
''You said that Dark Times were coming, what did you mean by that?''
Feme let out an intense sigh and followed the path in a forest.
The forest was very different compared to Fey's world, Trees were extremely tall, thin, and their trunks were the same dark green color as its leaves. Here and there trunks had colorful flowers that probably bloomed during the day.
''Dark Times means that there's something out there that is after a Holy tree''
''What's Holy Tree?''
Feme turned around and narrowed her eyes in a puzzled look, then relaxed and sighed once more.
''I keep forgetting you are not from here. The Holy Tree is a Source. Source gives us powers
like light, water, healing abilities-
A MAGIC?
Fey shouted with shock and excitement.
''What's magic?''
Feme tilted her head.
-Damn this is going to be hard- Fey thought to herself.
A magic. Is she real? like for real? Healing abilities?? light??? water???
''But the most important that the Holy Tree used to give us was the Will To Live.
-Depressing.
-I know right.
''What you do mean by that''
''Source was the goodness in us, kindness, warmness, we used to be moral, we used to help and care each other selflessly.''
Feme's voice got deeper, saddened.
''Now, we just bring out the worst in each other. There's constant betrayal, greed, envy, and pure evil.''
''The Holy tree was what made you all happy and fulfilled?''
''That's right''
A redhead took the left path and threw a little rock away.
Fey got even more confused, new questions and concerns appeared, but who wouldn't be? her life had taken a whole different route. Out of a repetitive and plain cycle, she jumped into an unpredictable and dangerous world.
She needs to escape, this is all...mad.
Fey took one last glance at Feme, who was leading her to somewhere out of the forest.
Should she hide? She knew she shouldn't be trusting someone like that, I mean she just entered a whole new world!! but still, her gut was telling her to just follow, that is why she didn't run away before.
-Do not turn away Fey-Fey-
''Mary?!'
Feme jumped out of surprise, while Fey yelled out an unknown name.
''Did you tell me something?'' Redhead got concerned.
Fey didn't even acknowledge her, she looked around in the hope of seeing Mary's soothing eyes.
''Mary Please show!'' She closed her eyes and concentrated. Whenever she wasn't able to see Mary, she would intentionally start to hallucinate, of course, everything didn't work that way, but it was successful once in a while.
She always rejected her thoughts and ideas, but if her mind were to tell them by Mary, she would always listen.
''Do not go back, trust her''
Mary echoed in a forest.
Even though her sister remained calm, Fey still felt some sort of caution and restlessness. The last thing she knew, something touched her on the shoulder.
''Elisora, everything's okay?''
She jumped and looked at her straight in the eyes.
''What, yeah...i'm fine, but um- my name's Fey, not Elisora''
She will listen to Mary, She will always listen to Mary, not listening to her always makes things worse.
''No, it's not''
What did she mean by that?
''Um- yes, it is?''
Feme tilted her head.
''It's...not.''
''It...is''
''Girl, did you hit your head before you came here?''
Feme assumed a thoughtful stance, placing her hands on her hips.
''No! My real name is Fey! That's the name my parents gave me!''
''Your parents gave you a name?'' A hesitated look yet a little disgusted.
''Didn't yours?'' Fey was genuinely concerned, how different is everything here?
''No...? Arcadia gave me a name''
She chuckled. ''How can a city or whatever give you a name.''
''Pretty simple—''
Redhead pushed away the wines and welcomed the stranger.
''Wow.'' Fey was blown away, by the simplicity, greenery, and at the same time richness of the Feme's home.
The house was completely brown, built with old, worn wood that told tales of its long and well-lived history just by looking. Around the wood, wines, and greenery surrounded the rustic house. This was the third time Fey paid attention to the wines. First, it appeared on the castle, then on tree trunks, and now around Feme's home.
The house was sided a little on the left side, flowers had closed their leaves under the moonlight. Some of them were young, probably early-bloomed, but most of them looked like their time had come.
Fey didn't know why all the flowers that she saw beforehand looked like they were melting into the soil. Just like an older person, their stems were curved and their petals wrinkled.
''Welcome to my rustic, old, granny home! - It's not the King's Castle, but we love it with all our hearts!''
Fey was already speechless and taken away by the beauty of the house.
''uh-hah'' She said unrealized.
Feme clapped her hands in front of Feys' eyes. ''Yo! You coming?''
''Um, oh yeah, sure!''
''Great! As soon as we get in, I'm going to introduce you to my mamma, Who's pretty evil, but only towards me, don't worry.''
Fey snapped out real quick.
''No, wait, no I can't. I-'' The anxiety took over her, sense of danger and survival instincts rose.
heartbeat went crazy, to the point cold sweat has taken over her holy body. All she thought about was how she would never go back to the real place.
real place. This is not a real place. This is all Fey's imagination. A Watery gate? entrance? whatever?!!! How could she believe all of these were true? it's part of her brain trying to convince her everything is real! She's dreaming, she's probably dreaming! The person standing in front of her is not real, the house she sees is not real, the nature and flowers are not real. Nothing's real. Nothing's—They are...not...real.
As our Fey whose name will not be heard for a while, closed her eyes and went deep into the darkness. Feme got scared, went close to her in an instant, caught her body and loudly shouted.
''Mom! Help!!'' She took one last look at Fey, narrowed her eyebrows, took a worried look and mumbled: ''Now I'm hundred percent sure, you are The Third.''
.
.
Everything went silent.
.
.
-Okay but, when will you appear? You tell stories so slowly.
-When will you stop interrupting me? Do you want me to take back the ice cream I just bought you?
-No!
-Then stop talking!
.
.
.
——————————————————————————
''Oh, Holy Tree and savior, I can't believe my poor eyes'' Sweet Soothing sound was heard around Elisora.
''How sure are you that it's really her?'' An innocent voice accompanied, kind, curious. After it, a smack was heard.
''We saw her back dumb-dumb!''
''OW! Why are you always hitting me!''
''You ask stupid questions''
''Feme stop hitting your brother!''
The dizziness came back, colors played with each other, all Elisora wanted was to take her organs out, but she couldn't even move.
''She's waking up!''
''Damn I thought she died in my arms, kinda felt epic.''
''Feme! Be more serious!'' A caring voice constantly changed tone towards one of her children.
Elisora finally opened her eyes, focused on the sight, and started looking around.
''Where am I''
A familiar redhead, Whose short hair looked blown up, took a last bite of the round red fruit.
''You..er...bleck-out for...lik...an hor - '' Before she finished mumbling out the words that no one could distinguish, a lady, who was slightly shorter than Feme, with much long brownish curly hair, whacked on Redhead's head - ''How many times do I need to tell you to stop speaking with a mouth full!''
Feme dramatically clutched her head, gasping as if she'd just survived a major disaster. ''Why do you always smack me!! you are making a bad impression in front of The Third!'' - Feme said out of breath, and finally swallowed the last piece of the apple.
A sweet lady turned around and caught Elisora laughing to herself. The woman patted her clothes and cleared the hair out of her face. This behavior made The Third more nervous.
''I'm sorry honey, I lost my patience, how are you feeling- ''
''You always lose your patience it's not like-''
The lady threw one last terrifying look at Feme's face and she instantly froze only looking straight into her eyes. Feme always feared this look, should she run away and hide? No, if Mother dearest tries to whack her again she will dodge.
.
.
Someone is watching.
.
.
chill went down to Elisoras's spine. She looked around frantically. What is happening? why did she suddenly do that? Where did this feeling come from? The creeping tingle from the external world didn't let Elisora be calm.
The eyes are around her. Hiding. The holder of those eyes-
.
.
-Is that you?!! Were you stalking her?!
My face lost its excitement and I stared at this little spawn of Satan.
-Listen, I'm not that lame okay? Besides, I was just explaining that THE HOLDER OF THOSE EYES...
I went quiet and he slowly got nearer, much intrigued:
-Is the most boring person in the whole universe! lame as hell, always talks at a slow pace, and tries to be philosophical all the time, ugh!
I saw his eye roll.
-Literally, I'm telling you, Blood-haired one is much more fun.
-You mean Feme?
-What? No! pfft...I'm talking about someone else, someone like me, someone like that boring one, and I don't mean in an awesome pretty and smart way me, i mean like Tick...Tock....
Mimicked The Time.
-My Mom calls people like you crackheads.
-Well Your mom is stupid. ANYWAYS...
.
.
.
.
Elisora tried looking at every visible corner, but she couldn't find the source.
''Yo, are you okay? Are you about to faint again?''
Feme realized the concern of Elisora.
''Someone is watching me'' She said silently, worried, while trying to stand up.
Her clothes were loose, she felt a little better, but still uncomfortable in a dress that needed its long wide sleeves to drag.
''Watching you? Honey no one comes that far away from the center, especially at night.''
The Mother, assured her, still Elisora had an urge to just look out of that cracked black border window.
The Eyes disappeared. She hallucinated, it's okay, everything's fine, this was definitely a hallucination. She thought.
The window mirrored her gown. It was a vibrant blue, with thin lines of gold around the waist, arms, and collar. Just like the Mary's cardigan.
A CARDIGAN! MARY'S CARDIGAN. Did it emerge with the dress?
Great. Not only was she hardly able to see Mary, but now she lost the one thing she had left from her! Well, in its original form. She still doubted the cardigan was turned into the gown.
Ugh, how all these felt like a fairytale. It played on her nerves, all of these were the most hallucinated-looking hallucinations and yet felt the most real.
In the depth of imaginary thoughts, a curiosity washed over Elisoras mind. How come she didn't ask this before?
She turned to the family with narrowed eyebrows and suspicious eyes.
''Feme, how did you get the information that I was Elisora?''
Her mother got that previous angry look, ready to throw yet another fight with her daughter.
Feme hid her face in her shoulders and smiled guiltily.
''I may or may not have forgotten about the back and the names''
She chuckled and avoided the mother dearest.
''The back?''
Elisora turned her back to the mirror and gasped in shock.
''Oh my god...'' On the back of the dress, in a circle, with gold thread the letters were carved, each letter was cursive and turned into one another.
''It is a name Arcadia gave you, like I mentioned earlier, the land gives us names''
Three of them turned around, each one had its own letters, different. Feme's and her brothers' names were much shorter than their mothers.
''Writing is very pretty. Too bad i can't read it.''
''You can't?'' Little boy got excited and curious at the same time.
Elisora, shook her head in refusal.
Mother dearest face lighted up ''How interesting, you can speak but can't read''
''What?''
Each second she got thrown into new information to the point she couldn't even process it at this point.
''Are you saying that I'm speaking a different language?''
''Arcadian, yes honey.''
''No.''
''Yes, you do.'' Mother dearest smiled with care.
''No, I'm not''
The last answer was something she tried to pay attention to, the letters she pronounced, the tone, attitude. IT WAS DIFFERENT.
''Oh my god, yes I am!''
''Told you!''
''How am I doing this?! I don't know the language! I never learned it!''
Elisora tried to touch her face and then her mouth while paying her whole attention to the things she spoke.
''Didn't he used to tell such things too?'' Feme whispered to her mother.
''Liam also used to do that'' She whispered back.
''What? He? Who's he? Who's Liam?!''
Everything made her tired.
''I can't do this anymore! When will I go home?! I don't want to do this, I don't want to do any of this!''
Care and empathy glared on Mother Dearest's face.
She was strangely familiar with how lost Elisora felt at the moment. She knows the fear and anxiety the girl in front of her carries. Still she can't do anything about it, her purpose now is to take good care of her, provide her with basic needs and keep her healthy. Because the dark times are coming and she has been waiting for Fey for decades.
''Let's put you to bed okay honey? it's been such a long and tiring day for you. You need sleep.''
 
Sleep? At this time?! Sleep? to them everything feels so normal! Why aren't they making big deal out of this? She just came from a different world! she lost the way to home!
Yet it felt like the sleep would really help her, maybe give her more rational thoughts in the morning, maybe even wake up back in the camp and realize this was all a dream! Indeed, she just needs to fall asleep and then she will wake up back to where she came from.
 
Elisora nodded on Mother's suggestion and followed her to a smaller room.
''Is she the one Mom went mad about?'' Little boy hangs on Femes hand.
''She is, Niel, she is''
''She's real!'' - a child's laugh covered the house walls.
''Unfortunately...'' Feme's disappointed and miserable tone has set off little Niel.
 

The way i hated writing this chapter bruh. its lame af xd 

0