3.18
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving home, the house was dark with no light was on. Jason immediately turn on his phone to find the switch and he quickly turned the light on when he found it.

Sitting in the living room was a man holding a phone in his hand while staring at it intently.

"Zheng Roufeng, have you eaten yet? If not, I will start cooking," Jason said before walking towards the man who still didn't look at him.

"Zheng Roufeng."

The man sneered, "So you still remember me. Who I'm Jason?"

"You're my legal husband and the one I love ah," Jason answered calmly.

"Yes, I'm your legal husband but why did I can't even reach you? Where have you been? It's been almost four days Jason. And suddenly there's a shocking scandal broke out about you on the Internet and I feel really stupid because I know nothing. I don't even know where you have been, who you are with or what you do."

Jason let Zheng Roufeng poured out his dissatisfaction before he kneeled down in front of Zheng Roufeng who was sitting on the couch.

"My dear, I'm sorry. I just finished settling a personal issue. I went to meet my biological father and Jessica is my half sister. I know I should have told you beforehand but you also seem preoccupied with your own issue so I don't want to burden you before I really confirmed everything. It's my fault for not telling you. I'm sorry."

Jason hold Zheng Roufeng's hands and kissed them a few times.

While listening to Jason, Zheng Roufeng also realized that he also hide certain things from Jason so what right does he have to blame Jason for not telling him everything when he did the exact same thing.

Seeing Zheng Roufeng's tangled expression, Jason kissed his chin and cheeks a few time, "What's wrong? Still dissatisfied? I can kneel for a whole night but first let me cook dinner for you ok."

"Jason, you, after you meet your father and sister, will you leave me?" Zheng Roufeng asked hesitantly.

Jason looked at him wide eye, seemingly not expecting such question, "Why should I leave you? I'm already a full fledged adult and we're married so even my father can't force me to leave you. He need to kill me if he wanted me to leave you but he have no reason to do that."

"Is your father a good man?"

Jason thought for a moment and said, "My sister seems fine so he most probably a decent man at least. Well, seeing that he raised a daughter without a wife for years, he must be at least a good father."

Zheng Roufeng nodded his head as if he understand, "I want to meet him soon.".

"Of course. They also wanted to meet my husband. I told them we grew together so my father most probably ask many questions about our childhood so you...."

Zheng Roufeng interrupted mid sentence, "If that's the case. We can show him our childhood photo. Here look, I got all this from my mom's old acquaintances."

When Zheng Roufeng took out the box from behind the couch, Jason's attention immediately focused towards the picture. He was excited to see Zheng Roufeng's childhood pictures.

Looking at the photo, he saw beautiful handwriting behind each of the pictures, seemingly written by the same person.

One picture was that of two boys of different age. The older boy is holding a book while the younger one who was only around the height of the boy's waist was holding a small maracas toy in his hand.

Behind the picture was written: Gu Sinian (9 y/o) & Jason Ray (3 y/o).

"Gu Sinian?" Jason muttered.

"My former name," Zheng Roufeng answered as if nothing was wrong.

But Jason immediately catch the gist of it especially when he saw other pictures.

There was a graduation photo of Zheng Roufeng and under it was boldly written beside the university logo as: First Class Honor Graduate - Zheng Roufeng.

"You changed your name and you also investigate the Gu family while your former name was surnamed Gu. Do you have something to tell me? It's ok if you're not ready."

Jason knew he needed to do something in order to protect Zheng Roufeng in case something happened thus he needed to know what Zheng Roufeng was planning so he could help clean all the traces.

Zheng Roufeng wasn't surprised knowing Jason already know he was investigating the Gu family. His bodyguard already reported to him that there were a few people monitoring him for the past few months and since he didn't sense any suspicious movement, he trusted his instinct and let it be.

Those monitoring must be Jason's doing. Instead of feeling angry, he felt happy that Jason paid that much attention to him no matter how busy he was.

Jason on the other hand didn't pressure Zheng Roufeng to answer him right away thus he decided to step back and prepared dinner first.

"Wait, I will tell you," Zheng Roufeng suddenly hold Jason's hand before he continued saying, "I already order take out so don't need to cook. You must be exhausted."

"Fine."

The two of them didn't talk during the meal and they immediately went back to the living room after they finished eating.

Jason stared at Zheng Roufeng, hinting him to start talking.

"Before that, what do you know about the Gu family?" Zheng Roufeng asked him instead.

"The current head is old man Gu named Gu Feng. His son is Gu Xinhai and Gu Xihuai. Gu Xinhai has two sons, Gu JinYang and Gu Junling. I know Gu Junling since we went to the same university and he is my senior. On the other hand, Gu Xihuai has only one son, Gu Xin who is four years younger than me."

"So where do you think I fit in the Gu family?"

Jason didn't replied right away.

He knew Gu Xinhai didn't dare to have any illegitimate child considering how overbearing his wife is so it must be either the old man Gu or Gu Xihuai.

But old man Gu seem to really value his reputation and the one left is the second son, Gu Xihuai.

"You're Gu Xihuai's illegitimate son?" Jason felt like there was still something missing.

Zheng Roufeng smiled deprecatingly, "Illegitimate huh? How do I hope that was the truth. You only got it half right. I'm indeed Gu Xihuai's son but my mother is not a mistress. She was Gu Xihuai's first wife."

"Didn't they said the first wife died when she was abroad?" Jason was confused since he never heard about any son from the first wife.

"Of course they will say that. My mom filed for a divorce and even made Gu Xihuai vomit out a huge amount alimony and child support. A man like him, would he really tell the truth to the public that he was divorced because of domestic abuse."

Zheng Roufeng recounted his experience living in the Gu family. It was hell on earth for him and his mother.

When his mother, Zheng Liya was brought to the ER when he was six years old, his mother decided resolutely that they couldn't continue living in hell and she got the help of the nurses and doctors that sympathized with her to testify for her as a victim of domestic abuse.

Things started to get a bit out of hand for Gu Xihuai when Zheng Liya started to involve the police.

Not wanting to tarnish the family's reputation, Gu Xihuai reluctantly agreed to divorce her and paid for the alimony and other form of compensations since he was the guilty party.

After that both mother and son went to a different city and tried to live a new life. Zheng Liya's natal family had a restaurant that they left behind for her as the only child.

From there she expanded the business with the help of the Jung couple since she couldn't be too public about it, fearing Gu Xihuai would took a revenge against her and her son. Thus the Jung couple became the owner of the business in public.

"Well you already know the rest. After my mother died, I went to find my father and that was when I met his new wife. That woman looked at me as if I'm a demon who disturbed her peaceful family. She doesn't let me meet my father, instead she gave me a large sum of money and told me to never appear again. I don't take her warning seriously until my mother's house suddenly caught on fire. One person died in that house so Gu Sinian was proclaimed dead from that day onwards."

Zheng Roufeng said, the person who died was actually a drunkard who sometimes trespass into the house a few times and seeing that the police proclaimed him dead, Zheng Roufeng didn't report it to the police and decided to use the money to go abroad and changed his name.

"So what are you going to do next?" Jason asked curiously.

"I want Gu Xihuai to rot in jail. I'm currently collecting evidence of him embezzling the company's fund and also tax evasion. Plus I want to know who burn the house."

"Isn't it that step mother of yours?"

Zheng Roufeng shook his head, "No it's not her. I already asked her brother about it and her brother said she will not do something like that."

"Are you sure? So who do you think did it?" Jason was skeptical because he knew women could be more dangerous than men especially things involving the children or feelings.

"I suspect it might be either Gu Xihuai or his sister in-law, Qi Yulin."

Gu Xihuai must not want his current family in-law, the Zhang family to know that he have another son when he already told them he doesn't.

Qi Yulin on the other hand might do it to make Gu Xihuai looked bad and framed it on his head.

"Qi Yulin, Qi Yuran, are they related to Qi Cheng?" Jason seemed to see a connection when he saw Qi Cheng and Qi Yuran came together and conversed familiarly with Adam before.

"Qi Yuran is Qi Cheng's youngest aunt and Qi Yulin is his eldest aunt. Gu JinYang and Gu Junling are his cousin. So you can say that I'm the cousin of Qi Cheng's cousin."

"Does Qi Cheng know?"

"No. I don't feel like telling him for some reason."

"Why? I thought he is your long time friend."

"I don't know. I feel like it's ok to tell He Lang and Adam but not Qi Cheng. Most probably because the Qi family always prioritized their own kin above others so he might felt uncomfortable after he know about this."

The two of them spend the night talking about everything and what they going to do in the future.

As a good husband, Jason obviously would support whatever Zheng Roufeng wanted to do.

"I want you to come with me to Gu JinYang's wedding ceremony next month."

"Sure," Jason answered unhesitantly.

******************

Since he had some time to spare, Jason went to the shooting set that almost done with filming and was currently reshooting a few scenes.

Coincidentally, when he arrived, it was Bai Wehan's turn to shoot. Seeing Bai Wehan's acting, even Jason was impressed.

"007 did you manage to detect anything?" Jason asked.

Bai Wehan's acting really proved his protagonist halo. But how could someone who didn't do much acting job in his previous life could suddenly became really good at acting just because he was reborn?

[I detected a certain wave signal fluctuations as if suddenly a veil or an aura was covering Bai Wehan.]

"Veil? Aura? This isn't a fantasy world so is it an illusion? Mass hypnosis? A power booster?"

[Sort of.]

"Can a normal reborn person capable of doing that?"

[Most of the time no, unless he got help.]

"He got another golden finger to help him right?"

In most plots with golden fingers, there were different type of golden fingers and not all protagonist could have more than one.

But there would always be exception.

Bai Wehan's main golden finger was his rebirth.

Rebirth or transmigration is one of the biggest golden fingers any protagonist could have but they can't have both. You can't be a transmigrator and also a regressor(people who reborn).

A reborn person is a reborn person. Thus a transmigrator couldn't interfere and possessed a reborn person's body.

Another famous golden finger was of course, a system to help the protagonist achieve any goals he had in mind.

So if Bai Wehan did indeed had a system, then it did explain the impossible things he did before.

Like making the same drunk driver that killed him in his previous life to crash into Jason's car in this life and supposedly killed Jason.

Like causing the perfectly fine ropes during the drama shooting to suddenly became worn out and unsafe.

Like having a really good skills and blindingly bright presence that make people's eyes focus solely on him which made him the most popular member when he was still with Cronos.

Jason could feel his workload increasing. A system, despite a low level one was still tricky to deal with since they didn't know the objective of the system.

Make Bai Wehan the most popular celebrity? Make him achieve true love life with Gu Junling? Or both? Or something else?

"So will they still want to kill me?"

[Probably. The possibility isn't zero.]

"Can his system detect you?"

[Doesn't seem like it. Since the World Consciousness couldn't detect it, it must have put tons of restrictions to not be detected and those restrictions won't allow it to detect other system either and this world setting wasn't supposed to have any system and it must have known that. Plus I'm a higher level system so it wont't be easy to detect me if I didn't allow it.]

"Won't the system felt something was odd about me?"

[What can it do if it did feel you're odd? Kill you? It's too risky to try to kill you for the second time without any plan. Plus if you do die, this world might get destroyed again.]

What 007 said was truth, if he died, Zheng Roufeng might want to avenge him and he who initially only targeted Gu Xihuai might even destroyed the entire Gu family including Gu Junling.

Without Gu Junling, Bai Wehan might commit suicide and without the protagonist, the world would crumble down.

"007, find a way to extract the system out of Bai Wehan if possible since we can't kill Bai Wehan."

[I'll try my best]

Jason felt like there was more about the system as Bai Wehan was a protagonist in a world where there shouldn't be any system thus even without the system, he would survive just fine.

Both Jason and Bai Wehan were busy these days and despite whatever Bai Wehan do, Jason appreciated that he always serious about his work. He didn't act immature and just finish every works or contracts he needed to do.

Jason's impression on Bai Wehan raised slightly but only slightly since Bai Wehan wasn't brainless enough to jump in front of him like a fool waiting to be slapped.

[Ting!]

=============

Target: Jason Jung
Luck Grade: S
Affection level (towards host): -99

=============

Bai Wehan: ???

He felt weird when Jason's affection towards him suddenly rose but looking at the rise of only 1 point, Bai Wehan couldn't help but gritted his teeth.

'What the hell is wrong with this guy?'

In the previous five years, Jason had 10% - 20% affection towards him but sometimes it down to 5% or even as low as 1%.

"Wait, why did Jason's affection could go as low as -100 before this?" Bai Wehan suddenly felt there was something wrong with the system.

[No anomaly detected. He might just hate you for leaving the group and started an acting career.]

Bai Wehan: Is Jason always a petty person?

Have been working together for years, Bai Wehan just realized he never knew anything much about his group members but instantly he dispel such thought since it was unnecessary.

He just needed to show everyone that he's the best.

Did any of you miss and was curious about what Bai Wehan was doing?

2