3.29
100 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
However, when everyone thought Gu Xihuai was too scared to do anything, Jason suddenly heard a familiar noise coming from behind him and Zheng Roufeng who was walking away to go find He Lang.
 
  - Click cluck
 
 
Jason immediately pushed Zheng Roufeng aside and a sudden gunshot was fired.
 
  - Bang!
 
 
"Ahhhh!" Someone screamed out of fright with the sudden turn of events.
 
 
 
Jason looked straight towards Gu Xihuai who was holding a handgun with shaken hands and crazy eyes.
 
 
"You, you should have die along with your mother. You parasite. You and your useless bitchy mother who kept on telling me what to do. Why should I be the one to suffer?"
 
 
  - Bang!
 
Gu Xihuai shot another bullet and Jason pushed Zheng Roufeng who was still stunned further away behind the wall.
 
 
Jessica on the other hand was protecting the Zhangs on the other side.
 
 
Seeing Zheng Roufeng was hidden, Gu Xihuai looked around and turned his attention towards Jessica and the Zhangs.
 
 
"Your family is also the same fucker who ruined my life. I remained loyal to you during our marriage but what did I get? You are always eager to divorce me huh? Why? You want to get back to that bastard lover of yours?"
 
 
Gu Xihuai pointed the gun towards them and Jessica being in the front had the most probability to get shot thus Jason had no choice but to sprint as fast he could towards Gu Xihuai and twisted the hand that was holding the gun elsewhere.
 
 
It was a dangerous move since the bullets might have been shot randomly.
 
 
Jason immediately tried to suppress Gu Xihuai and pointed the gun towards the floor. During their scuffles, Alexander arrived at the scene and Jessica immediately pointed towards the struggling Jason.
 
 
Alexander immediately went to help but who would have thought in the last minute, Gu Xihuai suddenly burst in energy and shove Jason aside before immediately fired a shot without even looking at who he was shooting at.
 
  - Bang!
 
 
Blood spurted out from Alexander's abdomen and Jason immediately smashed Gu Xihuai's head onto the floor before seizing the gun from him. Seeing Gu Xihuai in pain and unmoving, Jason immediately tossed the gun towards Zheng Roufeng and ran towards Alexander who was lying on the floor with blood pouring out non-stop.
 
 
"My God dad! W-what should we do? Dad! Don't die!" Jessica kept on screaming in panic.
 
 
Tears were falling down her cheeks like a river and Jason could also feel his heart sink, "Shut up! Call the private helicopter to take us to the hospital. Zhang Aiming, call the cruise emergency number."
 
 
They were currently in the middle of the sea thus the only fastest route they could use is by air using a private helicopter that might take at least half an hour back and forth.
 
 
Jason immediately ripped off Alexander's shirt to see the bullet wound properly and after confirming there's only one bullet wound on the front abdominal area, he made Alexander lay down properly and tried to stop the bleeding as much as he could.
 
 
Zheng Roufeng wanted to help but seeing how serious Jason looked, he didn't even dare to say anything. Jessica, who had been panicking like a headless chicken started to calm down when he saw there wasn't that much blood coming out anymore.
 
 
Jason, who kept on focusing on Alexander, didn't notice someone getting close to him until he felt something suddenly touching his sweating forehead.
 
  - Slap
 
He instinctively slapped away the unfamiliar hand that tried to wipe his forehead.
 
 
Zhang Arin suddenly realized that what she did seemed inappropriate but she couldn't help but feel Jason looked more and more similar to someone she knew.
 
 
Before Jason managed to say anything, Alexander who previously remained silent and still like a lifeless doll suddenly said, "Ray, don't cry. I'm not going to die."
 
 
"Shut up! You can't even be quiet when you are half dead."
 
 
Alexander chuckled and this caused Jason to feel even pissed, "Don't laugh old man. Do you really want to die or what? If you die, who is going to take care of your spoiled daughter? I'm telling you, I'm not going to take her."
 
 
Alexander knew too well that the gunshot wound didn't even affect any of his important organs. A surgery and a few stitches, maybe a blood transplant is all he needed. This wasn't the first time he got shot. He already lost count how many times he got shot.
 
 
Listening to his children's voices, he felt his pain seemed to ease a bit.
 
 
He Lang's medical team who was on stand-by on the cruise immediately performed emergency first aid on Alexander and not long after that, Alexander's private helicopter, which was originally near the shore, arrived.
 
 
Alexander was immediately brought into the helicopter along with Jason and Jessica.
 
 
Zheng Roufeng decided to leave behind and settle everything accordingly since he felt he was partially to blame for all of this to happen.
 
 
The police had also arrived by boats but none of them wanted to trust the police much.
 
 
"Calm down Roufeng. No one thought that bastard would be that crazy going around shooting people," He Lang tried to calm his friend down.
 
 
"We will compensate your husband and his family since we also should be blamed for this mess," Zhang Aiming said.
 
 
However, Zheng Roufeng rejected the offer, "No need. I don't want any of you to get involved with my family anymore.  After Gu Xihuai's matter is done, our deal is also done. We can still cooperate for other projects but it will strictly be work with nothing personal."
 
 
Pointing his finger towards Zhang Arin, "You, I don't hate you but I don't like you either. I know you also don't like me. The way you looked at me twelve years ago is as if I'm a bad omen coming to destroy your family."
 
 
"I-"
 
 
Zheng Roufeng didn't let Zhang Arin interrupt him, "That's why, I never and will never regard you as my family. I have only one mom and she's already dead. And you, although you're my half-brother, I already stop thinking of Gu Xihuai as my father and because of that I never regard us as brothers. As of today, I want nothing to do with you or the Gu family."
 
 
There was a reason why Zheng Roufeng decided to cooperate with Zhang Aiming instead of Gu JinYang or Gu Junling or even their father Gu Xinhai.
 
 
It was because those people including Gu Feng knew too well how Zheng Liya was treated with her son for six years when they were living in the Gu family mansion. 
 
However, they chose to turn a blind eye on the mother and son's suffering.
 
 
He once wanted to destroy the entire Gu family but, thinking the effort and time to achieve that, Zheng Roufeng didn't feel it's worth it and decided to only focus on Gu Xihuai alone.
 
 
For the others, he was too lazy to bother and just wished they would get their retribution in hell or they would be reincarnated as insects or worms in their next life.
 
 
"Zheng Roufeng, why are you burning the bridge after crossing?" Zhang Aiming said obviously not pleased.
 
 
"Calm down Roufeng," He Lang also tried to mediate the situation.
 
 
"I never saw Jason cry. Knowing him for more than two decades, I never once saw him crying even when he was a baby or a toddler. Not once but he was crying with his father's bloodied body in front of him. Do you know how useless I feel and how I feel like this won't happen if I just deal with Gu Xihuai just like Jason suggested. I should just kill that bastard and bury his body somewhere."
 
 
He Lang immediately stopped Zheng Roufeng from talking much longer, "Roufeng stop. You're emotionally unstable. Jason needs you to stay calm and rational. He and his sister surely feel saddened and angry so you need to calm them down. Before that you need to calm down first."
 
 
Zheng Roufeng didn't say anything and just walked away. He requested to leave with the police boat to the shore and the driver that was already waiting for him immediately took him to the hospital.
 
 
The next morning, the cruise ended earlier due to the incident and it was currently heading back to the shore.
 
 
The Zhangs siblings and Gu Xin didn't sleep a wink since last night's event while the Geralds already heard about what happened from He Lang.
 
 
"Did you manage to contact Jessica?" He Lang asked since he couldn't reach both Jason and Zheng Roufeng.
 
 
 
"I can't reach her so I call her assistant. Mr Sergeyev just finished surgery and is currently in an ICU. Jason fainted after he do a blood transfusion to his dad since they have the same blood type. He most probably fainted due to exhaustion and stress. Zheng Roufeng is accompanying him and Jessica is taking a rest at a nearby hotel," Adam replied sullenly.
 
 
He Lang nodded his head and glanced towards the Zhangs before saying, "Roufeng had always been stubborn but Jason is a soft- I mean flexible man. I don't think they will blame you for what happened. After we arrive onshore, let's visit them first. However, since Roufeng was adamant, better just act how he wanted."
 
 
He Lang almost blurted out the word soft-hearted but he felt such a word didn't suit Jason at all thus he changed it on the spot.
 
 
Zhang Aiming didn't say anything and let his sister and nephew decide for themselves.
 
 
He knew Gu Xin had always wanted an older brother and when he knew Zheng Roufeng was his half-brother, instead of feeling inferior or any negative feelings, he felt excited. It was as if God was listening to his wish.
 
 
However, it was understandable if Zheng Roufeng didn't feel the same way. None of them knew how he grew up and survived. They only knew it wasn't easy at all.
 
 
"Let's see them for the last time and apologize for all the troubles. It's better to part ways with no grievances or dissatisfaction. Let's just start anew with each of our lives," Zhang Arin decided.
 
 
Listening to his mother, Gu Xin didn't say anything and could only nod his head.
 
 
While waiting for the ship to reach land,  they spend the time watching TV since none of them were in the mood to do anything much.
 
 
 
There was currently a mid day news broadcast and the topic of the report was about last night's shooting incident.
 
 
 
----One of the heirs of the Gu family, Gu Xihuai was caught shooting at civilians on board the Royal Cruise last night.
 
The incident was said to happen when Gu Xihuai's eldest son, CEO of ZR Group, didn't agree to come back to the Gu family, thus the two of them started to fight.
 
 
CEO Zheng Roufeng's husband, Jason Jung who is a popular pop singer tried to mediate the situation before things escalated drastically where Gu Xihuai suddenly took out a gun and started to open fire indiscriminately.
 
 
Fortunately the only victim, who was shot in the abdomen, was already in a stable condition after going through a surgery earlier this morning.
 
 
The police has apprehended the suspect and investigation is still on going.----
 
 
"Well, it's not shocking for it to be on the news," He Lang commented.
 
 
There were a lot of popular and prestigious elites on board including experienced reporters. It would be even weirder if it didn't appear on the news.
 
 
"Look, the public dig up Jason's family background one by one. I knew they were rich but I never knew they were this rich," Adam exclaimed.
 
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4337473331517476493256376b413d3d2d313339383734353335362e313739393361363163643163336564643235333831333937333233332e6a7067
 
 
••• Damn these are the world of nobles. Both of them came from prestigious family backgrounds and us commoners could only watch their drama.•••
 
••• Ah no wonder Jason never really cared to explain much about himself when it was exposed that he is married to CEO Zheng. •••
 
 
••• Those who called Jason a gold digger, did your face hurt? Daddy Jason is richer than your male god Zheng and obviously way richer than you. Are you worthy?•••
 
••• They are worthy of each other ah. Both have prestigious family backgrounds, no wonder they could become childhood friends/sweethearts.•••
 
 
 
"Yeah, and Jason will most probably inherit those, adding his own wealth that he built, then add Zheng Roufeng's on top of that, you can literally see gold bars on their heads," He Lang said calmly while scrolling down the post and comments.
 
 
"Damn, how much should I save to marry Jessica?" Adam looked worried.
 
 
He Lang wanted to tease him but stopped when suddenly Zhang Arin asked him an unexpected question, "This Jason, what was the date he was born?"
 
 
He Lang thought for a while before he answered, "October 5th."
 
 
"Hey, his real birthday is on October 6th not the 5th remember. He just prefers to celebrate it early. I remember Zheng Roufeng told me that Jason and Edward have the same birthday," Adam corrected him.
 
 
 
Both of them didn't notice Zhang Arin's face that looked somewhat relief when she heard He Lang's answer before it instantly turned pale when she heard what Adam said.
2