Chapter 62: The Biggest Threat.
253 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Advanced chapters in my Patreon. 

Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

::-------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

One second, Spiderman is talking to Shazam and strategizing on how to save his teammate, then the next, a flash of light engulfs his vision.

Waiting for his spider sense to activate and warn him of danger, Peter opened his eyes and found himself somewhere unexpected.

It was large mess hall, filled to the brim with Shield agents in the middle of eating.

For a second both groups stared at each other. Powerman and Caliban vigilantly standing infront of the kids with Spiderman a few feet infront of them.

"Spiderman?"

One of the agents asked in a confused tone, dropping the spoon in his hand.

'Motherfucker.'

Peter cursed within himself, realizing what had happened. What Shazam had done.

'He teleported us away.'

(Billy's P.O.V)

I could hear and feel the reverberations caused by the fight happening outside the tunnels.

Scanning through my psionic field, I ensured that Peter and the others had safely reached the underground settlement. Then I pulled my attention to where it was needed.

The fight about to happen. One that would shake the foundations of this ruined city. One that I was hoping I could end by destroying Ultron.

'Chances that I alone can defeat Ultron?'

I activated Quantum Prognosis.

'19%'

The answer that came back was not encouraging. Those weren't very good odds.

Then again, I hadn't know I could beat Mephisto and win. Yet I did. 

'Chances that Ultron can be defeated with the help of other heroes?'

I mentally questioned once more.

'23%'

It only increased a bit?

That's not good. Did that mean Earth was doomed? Did it mean there was nothing I could do with my power?

'Chances that I can defeat Ultron Alone, using every single advantage, powera and tricks at my disposal?'

This time I added a few things.

'67%'

The answer this time was much better. 

That was good enough. I just had to take him down through any means possible. Or in this case, all the means possible.

My first time teleporting was weird to say the least. It felt as if space was shortened between point A and point B.

There was even a barely audible pop as I appeared 1 mile in the air above the ground. The surface was barely visible in my vision. Though if I tried hard, I could see even through the smog.

My senses seemed to have been heightened as well. Though I hadn't really explored the changes. 

I had a feeling it was going to take me some time before I learned all I could do. There was a reason why the racial abilities tab was empty. 

Oh and the sky was burning.

Literally.

A long serpentine dragon swam through the air, unleashing waves of heat at the Sentinels.

Bright yellow flames surged out, spreading through the smog filled sky and pushing away the polluted air. 

The edges of the flame burned with a green color. Most likely from the ignition of gasses in the air.

The heat exuded by the flames was hot enough to melt metal. However, against the Sentinels, all it did was make them glow red. Adding a layer of intimidation to their already terrifying forms.

But I felt no fear.

I promised Peter I would save his friend, so that's exactly what I was going to do.

Which is why I leaned forward, shooting towards the battle at supersonic speeds.

Through my Psionic Field, I detected something strange. 

While the Iron Fist's Dragon Construct was powerful, all it could do was maintain a circle of flames around it's form, keeping the Sentinels at bay.

Even closer to them and I could see he was missing a part of his left leg.

Everything from the knee down was gone and his costume was charred at the thigh.

Heat seemed to escape his skeletal form in invisible waves, enhancing the already blazing hot construct around him.

He was outmatched from the start yet had kept on fighting. Not only that but he held on until I saved Spiderman. I owed him one. 

Time to pay him back. Space rebounded like a rubber band as I teleported between the Iron Fist and the Sentinels, clearing the short distance even faster. 

The Trident of Neptune appeared in my hand. I brought the Divine Weapon up to block a laser beam from the Sentinel in the middle.

"Who are you?"

A voice reached my ears, originating from my back.

"Spidey's friend."

I answered, twirling the Trident and splintering the laser beam apart into smaller beams of hot energy.

The split attacks flew past, branching off into different directions behind us.

The Sentinels immediately flew our way.

I increased the rotational speed of the trident, turning it into a blurry golden circle.

Wind gathered at the edges of the Trident, created not by magic but by telekinesis. 

I created a shroud over the wind, containing it and compressing the whole thing into a wide conical attack, that blew back the Sentinels.

"This fight is mine now. I'm sending

you where I sent the others."

I told Iron Fist, sensing his surprise.

His mental activity was going into overdrive, trying to assess my threat while simultaneously shocked at my brief show of power.

"Wait-"

Iron Fist begun only for him to disappear. 

Through my field, I sensed him pop up in the underground settlement.

Fortunately, I didn't send him where there were people, otherwise mass murder would have been put in Danny Rand's criminal sheet.

His fire would have turned them to ashes in seconds.

Now alone, I turned my full focus towards the Sentinels. My telepathic tendrils extended out, looking for any mental waves I could influence.

I was already able to affect the magnetic field of things, not to mention teleport. The only reasonable thing to conquer next would be technopathy.

Plus it would be a big help against Ultron if I could control technology.

Alas, I wasn't quiet there yet. I could feel some sort of signal but any attempt to delve into it and it would disappear, only to sprout up again.

I couldn't affect it, only perceive it's presence.

I stopped the Trident, the wind dying down and revealing the Sentinels.

In the brief moment I took to probe them, they had copied me, scanning my form.

"""Identifying..."""

"""Beyond Omega Level Mutant."""

Mechanical voices escaped their metallic forms, all similar, all in sync.

"I'm about to kick your tin-can ass Ultron."

I pointed the Trident at them, the three prongs vibrating with power. 

I hoped he could hear me. The Sentinels' eyes pulsed with a brief purple light, changing color from their deep red ones. 

"""Stand Down or Get Terminated"""

This time their voices felt more...alive. Less mechanic yet robotic in its enunciation and tone.

It's It. Ultron.

Hercules' strength poured through my body, strengthening it.

"Fuck you."

I very impolitely responded.

"Payback is long overdue. I'm going to kill you for destroying my home."

An earlier scan had showed me my apartment. Or the remains atleast. To say I was mad about that would be an understatement.

There wasn't a need for more idle talk. I was alone, meaning I could truly go all out. 

The Trident of Neptune shot out towards the Sentinel on the left. I followed behind it, aiming for the one in the middle.

The third one tried to move but I kept it in place using Telekinesis, immobilizing it completely.

The one in the middle's eyes glowed, sending a Purple laser beam my way. I plowed through it, relying on my Psionic Barrier to push through.

In the meantime the Trident reached the other Sentinel. 

The robotic construct's body turned into goo through my Psionic Field. It separated it's body into a fluid substance around the Trident's path, dodging the weapon.

I took control of the Trident, sending it back to the Sentinel while sharpening the Psionic barrier around me into a cone, aiming for the head of the middle sentinel.

The barrier stabbed into the metal but struggled to punch through. 

So I turned it into a drill, digging a hole through its head and coming out on the other side.

The Sentinel's eyes went dull and it started falling towards the ground. I dove down after it, slapping it's metal carapace and sending it to my hammer space.

The inventory had been upgraded along with my powers. I now felt as if I could shove hundreds of football stadiums in it and still have space left. 

The Trident wound around, reaching the left Sentinel's neck. A barrier of purple energy appeared around the Robot. 

The weapon bounced off the barrier, flying off into the city.

Eventually, the Telekinetic hold I held over the third Sentinel broke and the two remaining Sentinels turned their sights on me.

I blasted off into the sky, keeping my Psionic Field spread out to the maximum.

Jet fire exploded from their feet as they rose up after me, determined not to let me escape.

""Halt or face Extermination.""

Their purple eyes pulsed with light as they ordered.

I showed Ultron the middle finger.

The smog grew thicker and thicker, before it finally gave way to an ash cloud hanging above the city. Hot ash. 

My shield kept me safe within it's confines. All the while below me, two pairs of purple light followed after me.

I broke past the ash cloud, into the upper stratum. The sun was glaring white, there was stars all around.

And hundreds of Sentinels descending upon New York.

Immediately I stopped, spreading my hands out.

There was no surprise on my face. It wasn't unexpected. It was all within my strategy. 

I had sensed them the second they broke through the Earth's atmosphere.

And now, everything was in place.

The two Sentinels chasing after me broke through the ash cloud as well, eyes still glowing purple. 

They slowed down, the electric hum around them going silent as they coasted on an invisible field.

One that opposed gravity.

The Sentinels above me did the same. And then in one synchronized move, dozens of weapons sprouted on each Sentinel.

Ultra plasma cannons, barrels vibrating with streaks of electricity and huge missile launchers- Solomon's Wisdom informed me of the kind of deadly force I was about to face. 

"You have no means of Escape, God3Mp3Ror, surrender and I shall grant Mercy."

Ultron's robotic yet polished voice came through every available Sentinel.

Wait, what did he call me?

Not important right now. 

There were 330 of them. Given that each squad had 3 Sentinels, minus the one I had dealt with. That was 110 squads.

Such a weak force. Ultron must be underestimating me or something.

And about his offer,

'Chances that he'll keep his word?'

I inquired from my Quantum Prognosis.

'0%'

An obvious answer.

Right. Can't say I'm surprised. Ultron would never be stupid enough to let me live.

That was a tactic to lower my guard before finishing me off.

But unwittingly, I was not the one trapped. The strategy was never to run, the strategy was to take every single opponent out at the same time.

"""You have three seconds to comply."""

The A.I gave an ultimatum.

I held up 3 fingers.

"3, 2...1."

"""Terminate"""

The order came through and the Sentinels complied. 

My world became one filled with flashes of color, heat and pressure waves produced from the attacks raining up and down on me. 

My barrier held. Barely. 

It rippled with metallic projectiles shot at the speed of light, beams of energy that ate through its surface only for me to strengthen the barrier by pouring in more Psionic energy.

The barrage went on for a few more minutes. smoke gathered around my position, hiding me from view. 

Until finally, the barrage stopped.

The noise of thousands of weapons working overtime to destroy me quieted down. 

And I was revealed. 

A triple layered barrier, the outer one glowing a light blue, the middie one normal blue and the final one, dark blue covered my body. 

330 Sentinels hadn't managed to break through.

I love my powers.

The Sentinels' powered up once more, energy weapons growing hot for a second wave of attacks.

"""Standby... Re-assessing threat..."""

One of them tried to send a scanning ray my way but I popped up next to it.

"My turn."

I muttered, right arm expanding in size with a shroud of red energy around it. 

I unleashed a punch that tore apart it's head from its body, producing a pressure wave that threw the closest ones away.

Slapping the Sentinel to my Inventory, I teleported once more, this time sharpening the Psionic energy around my hand. 

The energy vibrated dangerously. 

One slash and the metallic torsos of two Sentinels detached easily. The blade of vibrating Psionic energy around my palm extended, passing through without a single sound.

All parts were pulled into my Inventory.

The rest of the Sentinels were growing wise to my attacks. I teleported away just as the space I was occupying was assaulted by numerous weapons. 

The remaining Sentinels activated purple barriers in wary of my attacks. 

I appeared in midair, right in the thick of it. 

All around me were killer robots with enough firepower to each rival a Nation's army.

But I had them right where I wanted them to be.

It started with a rumble. Then a small smile wormed it's way onto my face.

"Checkmate, Ultron."

My words were followed by a golden light spearing past the ash cloud.

The light turned out to be the divine weapon, Neptune's Trident.

Following right behind it, breaking through the ash-cloud, were billions of tonnes of dark murky ocean water. 

It was like a shadow falling towards the sky instead of the ground. 

A massive Tsunami of water shaped like an arrow tethered to the Trident by magic.

The size of the Tsunami was bigger than Manhattan alone. 

"""Abort! Abort!"""

The Sentinels immediately begun to turn tail and run.

I raised a hand, expanding my Telekinetic aura, feeding it into my Psionic Field. 

A bubble of Psionic energy sprang up with me as the center, enclosing the Sentinels and I. 

Then I made it triple layered, ensuring there was no way to escape by punching through. 

The water around me roared up, reaching the first of the Sentinels.

The purple barriers around them held. But not for long. Not when I exerted millions of pressure and crushed over 50 Sentinels into balls of metal contained in Purple barriers. 

The water roiled around me in a tempest, filling the entire Psionic field.

Some of the Sentinels immediately started self destructing, producing shockwaves and heat that battered the water, only to disappear before reaching me. 

I lowered the temperatures around a huge chunk of Sentinels, freezing them before crushing them apart in magical whirlpools underwater. 

The Trident of Neptune swam to my hand. 

I flexed my control over the water, feeling the magic flared up.

121 Sentinels left. 

I created dozens of more whirlpools in the murky depths of the water, promptly destroying every single Sentinel remaining. 

7