Chapter 6
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was about to set.

Its reddish glow enveloped the entire mountain, the liveliness of the day faded, and the night became cooler.

The fog was heavy in the mountains at night, even if it was summer, and the cold was dispelled as soon as they lit the fire.

The little girl with a double bun looked only thirteen or fourteen years old and her swollen eyes made her look like a goldfish. However, at this moment she was happy to find Miss Yang again. She handed her the roasted bird eggs and said, "Miss, let's get up early tomorrow, we should be able to meet the young city lord in Pingyang Town."

"Yes." followed the coachman, Lao Niu. "The young city lord must be very worried about the young lady."

Once he said this Zanxing didn't even have the appetite to eat the roasted bird eggs.

The young city lord is Wang Shao, the young city lord of Yue City. In 'Nine Sky Summit', he is the fiancé of the female cannon fodder 'Miss Yang'. This person is vicious, lustful, domineering, and arrogant. Throughout the original work he was the stop of the male lead's face-slapping, and the hatred towards him was very stable. Why did she remember Wang Shao very clearly? perhaps because he was the fiancé of the female cannon fodder with her name.

Regardless of the grievances between Wang Shao and the male protagonist, Zanxing believes that he is at least good to "Miss Yang". After the male lead returned ashore, the first thing he did was kill Miss Yang in front of Wang Shao, and then form a deadly feud with him. For the sake of his deceased fiancée, Wang Shao tried  to kill the protagonist and restrained him everywhere. Although he was ultimately killed in the end, he was still an affectionate person.

Unexpectedly, when Zanxing returned ashore, she realized that this affectionate person had already run away with a carriage on the day Zanxing fell into the water.

Anyone with a little friendship would think of rescuing her! Or at least leaving a few servants to guard here would also be good. However, except for the two servants of the Yang family, nothing was left. Even this carriage was owned by the Yang family. Was this something that humans would do?

As if sensing Zanxing's anger, Hong Su spoke cautiously, "Actually... the young city lord also has his own grievances, and he is also afraid of causing trouble to others. Miss, please don't feel sad."

There were many girls in Yue City who wanted to marry Wang Shao. After all, he has a high level of cultivation and his father is the city lord. He has a good status and may even enter the sect. Only relying on her beauty did Miss Yang force her way and got engaged to Wang Shao. Hong Su was worried that her young lady would be heartbroken and unable to recover, so she tried to clumsily comfort her.

"I'm not in the mood to feel sad about this." Zanxing stroked her face, and as soon as her fingers touched it, she immediately felt a burning sensation. She was shot in the right cheek by the black liquid of the "Hu" and her right cheek was injured. She didn't know if there was any danger.

Lao Niu said, "Our Yue City is a small place, and we don't see many monsters usually. But Pingyang Town is different, it is at the foot of Gufeng Mountain, where the Taiyan Sect is located. I heard that people in Pingyang Town have a wide range of knowledge and some people must know what to do with the injury on the young lady's face."

"Yes," Hong Su also encouraged, "and when you arrive in Pingyang Town, you can see the young city lord. When the young city lord enters the Taiyan Sect he would definitely find a way to cure the young lady's face."

Zanxing: "..."

She couldn't tell the poor little girl that Wang Shao, the cannon fodder, was defeated in the first part of the Taiyan Sect selection competition and couldn't even touch the door of the sect.

Lao Niu fiddled with the branches in the fire and suddenly thought of something. He asked Zanxing, "By the way, Miss, how did you escape?"

"I just," Zanxing replied as she thought "I fell into a cave, found the exit, then killed the demon beast and came back." There was silence all around.

The flames licked the branches and made a sizzling sound.

After a while, Lao Niu trembled and asked, "Miss... killed that monster?"

"Yes," Zanxing nodded, "my face was hurt at that time"

"But..." Hong Su swallowed her saliva, "I heard from the young city lord that the cultivation of that demonic beast is equivalent to that of a cultivator in the later stage of Foundation Establishment. Miss, you have just stepped into Qi Refining…V

Moreover, she entered that stage through the usage of many spiritual elixirs and pills, things that did not represent true strength.

"Really? Maybe I broke through." Zanxing calmly replied.

Hong Su and Lao Niu looked at each other, both were a little confused. They felt that... Miss has become very different from before. In the past, Miss Yang only focused on the young city lord. Instead of practicing martial arts, she always looked for beauty nourishing formulas. Because she was born beautiful and was admired by many when she was young, she became more and more arrogant. Apart from Hong Su, she would frequently beat and scold the other servants. However, after returning, she had become much gentler and calmer. Even towards Wang Shao, who had run away, she showed a calm demeanor. If it were in the past Zanxing would be crying and scolding at the same time, cursing at the eighteen generations of Wang Shao's family.

Was she taken over by evil spirits? But there wouldn't be such gentle and amiable evil spirits in the world.

"I heard that some demonic beasts have been cultivating for many years, and their bodies will form demonic cores. It is equivalent to the golden core of cultivators." Lao Niu swiftly changed the subject.

"Demon core?" The girl's attention seemed to be attracted by his words and she turned her head sideways. Half of her face was beautiful and bright, while the other half had several black marks on it, appearing somewhat terrifying in the flickering flames.

Lao Niu sighed in his heart, such a good girl, but she was disfigured. Although the doctors in Pingyang Town were knowledgeable, if they cannot heal her face, her life would be over.

He thought about his own young lady's worrisome future and answered absent-mindedly "Yes, there is sufficient energy in the demonic core, and cultivators can absorb it, which is quite beneficial for their cultivation. Some people say that a demonic core is equivalent to a third-grade elixir." After a pause, he continued, "However, there are very few demonic beasts with cores, and it's rare to see them…"

As soon as he finished speaking, a fair hand reached out in front of him, showing a blood red pill that was glowing. 

Zanxing asked "Is this it?"

2