Chapter 7
101 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pill was red like blood, and the hand holding it was extremely delicate and white.

"Is this it?"

Lao Niu lived for many years, and he thinks he has seen many things. However, at this moment, he is also shocked and stutters, "This... this is…"

"I killed that monster underwater and it fell out of its body." replied Zanxing.

In fact, this wasn't true. When she was underwater, she hit the shadow of "Hu" with a ball of sand and it dissipated, after, the monster began to churn and the red pill fell out of it. Zanxing didn't pay attention to it but the Xiao Yuan Pearl in her heart started to warm slightly, as if it was eager for that thing. So she reached out and grabbed the red pill that was trying to escape.

"Ah, Uncle Niu, is this the demon core?" Hong Su was extremely excited." It's the first time I've seen a demon core "

"I haven't seen one either until now..." murmured Lao Niu.

"Uncle Niu, didn't you just say that this demon pill is equivalent to a third-grade elixir? If the young lady absorbs this demon pill, will it increase her cultivation greatly?"

"That should be the case," Lao Niu pondered for a while, "after all, this demon core is formed within the body of a demonic beast, and it contains demonic power. However, if your cultivation is not enough, you may not be able to absorb its elemental power." He glanced at the pensive Zanxing and suggested, "Why don't you stay in Pingyang Town and find a trade fair to replace this demon core with spirit stones or low-grade elixirs, so that the young lady can absorb it more easily?"

"Wouldn't that be a pity?" Hong Su pouted, " Low-grade elixirs and spirit stones are often present, but demon cores are not. Why don't you give it to the young city lord?" Her eyes lit up, "There isn't that much time before the selection competition begins. If this demon core helps him, he will be able to enter the sect smoothly. At that time, the young city lord will naturally thank the young lady, and he will be even more affectionate towards her."

Zanxing glanced at the little girl who was indulging in fantasy and thought to herself that the child's thoughts were quite naive. She did not intend to give the demon core she obtained after so much work to that scumbag.

…..

It was already late at night. 

The thick fog shrouded the entire mountain top, because there was no moon, only a thin star light fell through the branches in the forest. Beside the burning fire, the little girl slept soundly leaning against the old coachman.

Zanxing walked over and gently draped the blanket she had taken out of the carriage over the two of them.

Hong Su smacked her lips, muttering in her sleep.

Zanxing walked lightly past them and headed to the other side.

She stopped not far from the two of them and sat down on a clean stone. Looking at the night sky, she breathed a sigh of relief.

From the beginning of her transmigration, she had been dealing with unexpected situations, to the point where she only now had time to fully accept the reality of the world she was in.

She had indeed traveled to the world from the book "The Peak of Nine Heavens".

"The Peak of Nine Heavens" was a cultivation novel about the male protagonist. As the name suggests, he has done continuously three things throughout the book: 1. Slapping faces. 2. Cultivating. 3. Collecting his harem.

As a female cannon fodder who went offline in less than 2,000 words, when Zanxing withdrew her hand pushed towards Liu Yunxin, and fell into the water instead, it should have changed the plot. "Miss Yang" should no longer repeat the same fate as before, and end up slapped to death by the male protagonist Mu Cengxiao.

There is no line of enmity with the male protagonist, which frees her from the fate of a cannon fodder. Even if she transmigrated, she could leave the plotline of the original novel and start living a new life… only if her face didn't get hurt.

Zanxing caressed her right cheek with her hand

She was injured by the mud shot from the monster underwater. Her disfigurement was secondary, more importantly was that she could feel a demonic qi spreading deep down her face. If it continues like this, She's afraid her life will be at stake.

As Uncle Niu said, Yue City is a small place where doctors only treat ordinary injuries and illnesses. Perhaps only the skilled doctors in Pingyang Town can solve the injury left by this monster.

She must go to Pingyang Town.

It's just that... after going to Pingyang Town and treating the scars on her face, what should she do after? In this world, the strong are respected, and ordinary women take pride in marrying a cultivator husband if they lack the ability to protect themselves. The better ones were like Liu Yunxin who found a strong man to rely on but had to also tolerate him stepping on several boats. The worst one is like Miss Yang, not only following the wrong person, but also risking her life.

The original author of "The Peak of Nine Heavens" is probably full of malice towards women. In this book, ordinary women are like goods, beautiful vases, chips used for trading, without any personal self-esteem or choice power.

"What if... she didn't want to be an ordinary woman?"

Zanxing looked at the twinkling stars in the night sky.

Thanks to reading countless novels about cultivation, she was at least familiar with the general settings.

An ancient book said: "The records of the earth, between the Six Rivers and within the Four Seas, are illuminated by the sun and moon through the stars. Born by gods, their material forms and life or death, could only be understood by saints."

The gods of ancient times seemed to exist only in distant legends, and ordinary humans either pursued longevity or a more distant world, learning and cultivating. Since childhood, they have been practicing hard day by day, nourishing their "qi", absorbing the spiritual energy of heaven and earth, using elixirs and herbs, and yearning to ascend to immortality.

The cultivators in this world are also the same, from Qi Refining, Foundation Establishment, Golden Core to Nascent Soul, and leaving the body, distracting the mind, reaching Mahayana, eventually crossing calamities, and transforming oneself into a divine being. Every step is full of hardships.

Her fiancé, Wang Shao, entered Qi Refining at the age of 8, and reached Foundation Establishment at the age of 12. He was only in the middle stage of Foundation Establishment, and was already considered an outstanding figure in the entire Yue city, known as a "genius". "Miss Yang" was 17 and only by relying on the elixir pills given by Wang Shao barely entered the first stage of Qi Refining.

Of course, this was before Zanxing transmigrated.

And now…

She spread out her hand, and the red pill in her palm appeared a bit strange under the thin starlight.

The demonic core is formed by the demonic energy in the body of the demonic beast. In addition to the energy that cultivators crave, it also had the fierce demon "qi" attached to it. As a rookie cultivator in the early stages of Qi refining, she was afraid that not only would she not absorb elemental power, but she would also be injured by the "qi" in the demonic core.

However, she has a golden finger.

The Xiao Yuan Pearl in her heart seemed to be unable to wait, and began to rapidly heat up. Zanxing put the red pill in front of her, extended her palms to face each other, and gradually solidified a golden aura from his palms, tightly enveloping the pill.

During the few days of cultivation in the sand cave and including her battles with the 'Hu', she understood how to use 'qi', which is also the energy of heaven and earth. With her cultivation which had not even reached Foundation Establishment, Zanxing's energy was somewhat reluctant to subdue the demonic 'qi' in the pill. But the Xiao Yuan Pearl was simply a buff, and with its help, her energy had instantly increased tenfold.

The golden light that burst out of her palm swallowed the red pill in an instant.

The last glimmer of starlight dimmed, leaving only a silent darkness behind. After some time, wisps of red light were like small red threads and flew from the golden light to the girl who was sitting and cultivating.

1