EXTRA: ABO Information Page
876 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Hey everyone! Firstly, thank you for the kind support and I’m relieved to see people enjoying what I write. This is just some basic information regarding the rules of ABO in this story. Initially, I wrote this story for fun to enjoy with my friends, but it wasn’t until later I decided to upload it on AO3 and SH. I took ideas from different sources to set up the ABO world in this fiction.

I should’ve done this earlier since not everyone is familiar with the concept of omegaverse, but oh well! There’s some extra information to understand the characters.


 

ALPHA RACE | 25% Population

Physique: Naturally have a stronger and taller compared to those with the same gender

Personality: Strong personalities that can range from positive qualities (assertive, feisty, high self-esteem, prideful) to negative qualities (arrogant, stubborn, abusive, manipulative)

Partner Choice: Prefer to find omegas as their mating partner due to pheromone attractions, but it is also common to see alphas married to their beta lovers too.

Pheromones: Strong heavy scents or nature-like scents, there’s a correlation between their scents with the alpha’s innate personality.

Known Alpha(s):

  • Duke Cedric Albrecht: smoked deerskin - dominating yet protective presence
  • Marquis Hugh Chevalier: leather – a smooth and rich pungent scent
  • Stella Albrecht: burning pinewood - warm cozy presence like being around the campfire
  • Theo Chevalier: whisky – strong alcoholic air which makes others feel drowsy or intoxicated
  • Matteo Chevalier: river water – musky, fishy, and soil-like like being next to the flowing river

 

BETA RACE | 50% Population

Physique: Average male and female

Personality: Mutable and compromising personalities with high adaptability. They have a good balance between alpha’s and omega’s personality which often makes them the mediator between the two.

Partner Choice: Due to their flexibility, makes them able to settle down with an alpha, beta, or omega.

Pheromones: They don’t have a distinctive scent like alpha or omega, it is often subtle and too light to be noticeable at the beginning. They are less sensitive when it comes to scents.

Known Betas(s):

  • Viscount Henry Lemaire: Linda’s father, the boss of the Lemaire Company and Silent Night guild.
  • Countess Alicia Valens: Stella’s mother and Duke Cedric’s 2nd wife, an ex-elite knight in the Northland Reconnaissance Division.
  • Baroness Florence Lyman: Eleanor’s mother and Marquis Chevalier’s 2nd wife. It was a marriage of convenience to establish a business partnership between Chevalier and Lyman families.
  • Baroness Clarissa Eldon: Matteo’s mother and Marquis Chevalier’s 3rd wife. It was a marriage of convenience to establish a business partnership between Chevalier and Eldon families.
  • Anthony Albrecht: Stella’s and Blake’s older brother and the eldest son of Duke Cedric with Duchess Yvette.
  • Eleanor Chevalier: Ophelia’s sister, daughter of Marquis Chevalier with Baroness Florence.
  • Marquis Raymond Chaplin: Judicial officer of Northland Court of Justice.

 

OMEGA RACE | 25% Population

Physique: For males, they generally have a smaller and thinner body. For females, they look identical to beta women.

Personality: Caregiver and heartwarming personalities that can range from positive qualities (selfless, empathetic, sensitive, conscientious) to negative qualities (selfless, submissive, low self-esteem)

Partner Choice: Prefer to find alphas as their mating partner due to pheromone attractions, but it is also common to see omegas married to their beta lovers too.

Pheromones: Sweet, fruity, or floral scents that give a soothing, calm, and airy feeling. There’s a correlation between their scents with the omega’s innate personality

Known omega(s):

  • Ophelia Chevalier: lavender – a delicate combination of floral and herbal that reminds one of a morning spring.
  • Blake Albrecht: jasmine – a soft combination of honey and spice with a sensual touch.
  • Linda Lemaire: peach – a fresh and vibrant scent that reminds one of summertime.
  • Mabel Chevalier: vanilla – sweet, rich, and syrupy, which is very alluring.
  • Duchess Yvette Albrecht: caramel – deep, rich, dense, and sickly-sweet scent with warm, buttery tones.
  • Marchioness Shannon Chevalier: apple – fruity, fresh, and slightly acidic scent.

 

PHEROMONES [Alpha/Omega only]

Emotions can change the intensity and fragrance of their pheromones as follows:

  • Positive emotions = sweet or alluring scent
  • Negative emotions = bitter, dulled, or rotten scent

 

MARKING [Temporary and Permanent]

  • Temporary: It is a light bite on the neck that lasts for a month. This generally indicates that the person that is marked is taken, or they are currently in a relationship. It’s more common for alphas to mark their omega partners due to their dominating nature, and some alphas are open to being marked by their omega partners.
  • Permanent: It is a deeper bite into the scent gland which one-sidedly changes the marked person’s scent permanently. The pheromones in the saliva will mix with the scent of the marked individual, which makes others know that they are married. Traditionally it's only the alphas that marked their omega partner, but it has become more common that both sides marked each other as a symbol of marriage.

 

HEAT [Omega only]

  • Happens every three months and would last about a week. They’ll be in a state of euphoria/arousal which makes them crave an alpha’s presence and pheromones. They are in their most fertile state with a high chance of successful pregnancy if they were to mate (unprotected). Their pheromones are stronger than usual and can the alpha of their interest go into rut if exposed too much.
  • They produce a slick, which is a translucent substance that functions as a lubricant, and it’s known to have a sweet taste with a tint of that omega’s pheromones too.
  • They may develop a nesting behavior, which is building a small fort consisting of scents (family members or loved ones) to soothe their heat cycles.
  • It can be suppressed with heat-suppressive drugs or using the alpha’s pheromones to calm themselves down. Thus, it is usually common for omega to stay close to their alpha parents or siblings during their heat cycle to ease their heat cycle

 

RUT [Alpha only]

  • Alpha’s energy level naturally builds up over time and once they reach their limit, that’s when they can go into rut. They could easily release their pent-up energy through strenuous physical activities or other methods. It is often encouraged that all alphas take part in some form of physical activity.
  • For an alpha to enter run is often due to (1) exposure to omega’s heat or (2) when there’s excess pent-up energy. It could also be triggered by relevant drugs and aphrodisiacs. During the rut, they will become aggressive, feral, and possessive of their omega mate.
  • During mating, they can form a knot, which is the swelling at the base of the penis when they’re intensely stimulated with the purpose to lock their mate and secure the pregnancy. Alphas often knot their omega partners because it generally brings pain and discomfort to their beta partners.

 

HEAT AND RUT SUPPRESSANTS [Alpha/Omega only]

  • It’s more common for omegas to use heat suppressants so they can function in their daily lives normally without being hindered.
  • Alphas generally don’t require rut suppressants and are often used in emergencies.

 


A/N: Before the start of the next arc, there will show the faces of the characters I drew during my free time so that should give you the visuals.

15