Death (2)
158 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Yuito's POV]

I thought I was strong.

My heartbeat increased rapidly until it became a roaring sound that was oddly silimiar to the sound of an engine.

[Bullet Time : Master]

My lungs took in as much oxygen as it could as my blood worked overtime to keep up with my body. My body became so hot that my sweat evaporated from my skin.

I was overheating.

[Sun Breathing : Master]

My instincts which had been screaming at me to run were now forcing me to move beyond my limit. It was a fight or flight situation and since I chose to fight...

It made me fight with everything I had.

[Animal Instincts : Grandmaster]

It was a war, kill or be killed. Therefore every fiber of my being was trying to kill the being infornt of me.

[Killing Intent : Epic]

I lost my mind. Nothing else mattered in this world as my survival was at risk. My brain removed all of the limter it had and my muscles tore with every step I took.

Adrenaline rushed in my veins and for a moment, I became superhuman.

[Beserker Mode : Advanced]

.....

I used every single fibre of my enhancement because I realized something.

.

.

I am not strong.

---__---__---__---__---__---

My opponent was more machine than he was human.

Daniel's Park second body was a mystery that still existed to this day. Some people thought it was a super soldier made in a lab, a machine made of human flesh.

Some people think that there was a supernatural reason behind it, like the system and other things in the PTJ universe.

There was also a theory that it might be the corpse of a God.

But one thing everyone agrees on is that it was the strongest being in the verse.

The limit of his strength was not even shown in the manhwa as the body adjusted to his opponent's strength. He will fight you with enough strength to make you despair.

If you are a canon fodder or the strongest fighter, it will always be superior to you.

So at least I took pride when I saw the emotionless doll's eyes widen before he blurred at me at the same speed as mine.

Yes.

Yes.

At least I can force him to go all out. My speed was my second strongest stat so even the strongest being in the verse cannot outspeed me.

But the difference is that I was using so many enhancements that I will not last very long even with my endurance. On the other hand, he was in his base state only.

We met in the middle, our fists connected and a shockwave exploded out, destroying everything around us as the walls crumbled like legos.

The concrete became sand, a brittle material we could break to our liking.

*BOOOOOOOM!!!!*

Even in my berserk state, I realized that we couldn't fight here. The people around us will die, Vivi will die and so will Xiaolong.

This fight was in a different realm. It was the clash between two powers at the peak of the universe.

So I kicked him in his abdomen and sent him flying through walls as he landed into the opposite portion of the building.

I blurred. My body easily broke the sound barrier as I become more than a human at that moment.

I became something akin to a God.

My fist met his fist as we clashed again, sending debris everywhere and the sound barrier broke again like a normal glasspane.

The world screamed. 

I despaired.

Because his strength overpowered me. I might be able to match his speed but I couldn't match his strength.

And then in a blur of motion, we exchanged blows that shook the whole building and threatened it to collapse.

I could not remember anything else other than the fact that I lashed out like a mindless beast, an animal at the brink of death.

And despair.

I can't beat this thing.

It was the first time I had felt it. I did not feel such things even when I fought Gun.

I was not smiling.

I was crying.

A fight became a nightmare. Something I thought was impossible as I called myself a fighter with pride.

"HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" I screamed. I screamed a lot. 

It was a mix between desperation and a way to fully utilize my Sun Breathing.

I fought with everything I could yet it was not enough

*BOOM!!!*

Everywhere we fought, we left disaster. The air exploded under the might of our strength.

I pushed him back with everything I had.

I can never beat this thing.

He was stronger, he was faster, he was harder, he was more efficient.

He was better than me in every aspect.

...

I wonder if this is how it felt for others to fight me. How could they ever even recover?

In the face of an impossible opponent, I did not know what else to do than try harder.

A futile effort.

I gave my attacks more strength, I forced my body to move quicker and I used every technique I had ever learned.

In the end, all was for nought.

..

..

I lost.

The end of the battle was swift as I felt a kick to my abdomen that destroyed my internal organs. Blood crept up my throat and spill from my open mouth and a broken jaw.

I was completely broken

My eyes were bleeding and even my eardrums had ruptured due to the constant breaking of sound barrier due to our clash.

My body flew away like a ragdoll and this time.

I never crashed.

I went through the window of the building as I fell down the height of a hundred-storey building. 

The last thing I saw was the stoic face and emotionless eyes of my opponent. He was also battered up pretty badly but he was not even half as broken as me.

And then...

The cold air whipped around me as the force of the world pulled me down.

I fell.

My life flashed before my eyes. What they said in those novels and stories were true.

Your whole life flashed right before your death.

The only difference was that it was not like a tape that played very fast in your mind.

It was an image. A picture.

People.

My loved ones.

Sumire. Marin. Komi. Kurumi. Saki and even Tsukimi.

My whole life. Their image stuck in my mind and I saw their smile for eternity.

...

'Be safe honey.'

'Promise me you will avoid danger.'

'I need you home soon.'

'It's not fun without master.'

'Come back before the finals, I need a tutor.'

'You are everything to me.'

..

..

..

I closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

The world show no mercy.

It pulled me down.

I drowned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

Tears?

Sumire was confused when her heart suddenly ached in her chest and tears fell down her eyes.

She was in the middle of cooking so now her tears were mixed with the food.

"What is..."

"Sumire!!" A voice came from behind and she turned back to see Marin who also looked confused as uncontrollable tears flood down her eyes.

"What's happening?"

And then Komi also came to her. Sumire was taken aback as her usual stoic face did a complete turn. Now she was sobbing and her face made the expression of sadness.

"Come here girls." Sumire said and hugged both of them in her arms. She was confused as well and her tears wouldn't just stop.

Then they all heard a sad howl from above.

Kurumi howled before but this time, it was a heartbreaking sound.

..

*HOOWL!!~*

.

.

What is happening?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14