[epilogue] This great witch reminisces and gloats
31 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ah, the good old times!

Someone asked how to know if you're living them, so that you can appreciate them while they last - this great witch tells that the good old times are now. Always and forevermore.

No human likes to be ordinary. Since a long long time it was the case.

Satisfaction of and desire for achieving and overcoming is innate to all of us of this fooling and beautiful human race.

But know that being extraordinary is not a good thing. This great witch warns you thus.

This great witch always does.

This great witch always outlines the consequences, the losses, the hopelessness.

And fools always jump into the gate this witch opens for them.

Their despair as they walk towards the destination they know is a reward onto intself, although their souls and whatever else they give up is also nice.

This is why I am called the Truthful Witch in Hell.

It was some two thousand years ago that this great witch met a little girl in Old Jerusalem.

It around the coming of you-know-who, the One Who Shall Not Be Named, but the signs were already there, and this great witch read them way before those three famous fools.

I knew I'd be barred from that place for centuries to come, so the time was ripe to do some deeds and fare it well.

It was in good old Jerusalem that this great witch found a girl who wished to not be ordinary.

Her family (and families back then and there were large) were followers devout, and they braved even the harshest days under the grace of the One, but she felt suffocated.

So she caught this great witch's attention, hahaha.

What is nice about children is that they are stupid. Even after this great witch told her the price and how heavy it will bear on the child's heart, she still followed through.

It was like seeing someone hack their arm off because it was very itchy.

It was amusing to see her plant the seeds to her own despair, while she herself was not yet old enough to appreciate what was taken.

Ahhhh, the good old times! Have I mentioned that I'm a bit tipsy? This great witch has decided to celebrate- forget it, I maybe will tell it later.

Where was I? Ah, yes, I was talking about how the girl led her family to death. How convenient, I just had to look at what I have already written.

But the girl grew up, and she hated this great witch.

She lived and breathed with vengeance on her mind.

And so, years passed.

And passed.

What makes a human, human?

This great witch calls herself a human, but this body of mine is made of clay-like stuff, and my mind is so detatched from my human roots that should someone peek at even the shallowest depths of it, they would not recognise in them familiar sights.

But this great witch is human. And so is that girl.

When she became immortal, she kept her insistence, and time only sharpened it, instead of wearing it away.

How could one live with such singlemindedness?

But she evidently did live like this, and her focus served her well.

Ah, but what is sharpened too much is prone to breaking, and hatred is separated by only a hair-thick distance from obsession.

Time showed her that this great witch could not be taken revenge upon and it broke that child.

When she reshaped herself from the million fragments she broke into, obsession with this great witch was what was left.

"Could I not become her? Could I not possess her as she possesses me?"

And thus, the Great Witch I call Adara was born unto this wretched world. The Deceitful Witch.

It has become a custom, at this point, for her to capture me, confine me and try to possess me in various ways - and it has become custom for her to fail in the end.

The Truthful Witch is the greatest witch on this Earth, and no deceit may possess power over the truth, and the truth will always find its way.

This blog has been this great witch's tool for escaping that Adara's ploy this time.

Amidst the many veiled words this great witch has sprinkled enough truth that the deceit of that child came undone by itself.

Now I let her rest in the world of lies she has weaved, but she will be back again. She always comes back.

And I always leave.

2