My return doesn’t look bad
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'What is this, was I saved ? Who has that warm hands holding me. I'm breathing, which means I must have survived somehow, guess the heavens haven't forsaken me hehehe ' Ethan's mind wandered feeling relieved

As Ethan's eyes slowly opened, he found himself in a grand room with a golden chandelier hanging above.

'Wow, where am I?' he wondered in amazement.

".....Ethannnn," a beautiful lady called, her hand gently touching Ethan's.

'Of course, I'm Ethan, but why is she shouting my name like she knows me?' Ethan thought, perplexed by the familiarity.

'Should just stay quiet and observe the situation first,' he decided, not wanting to reveal his confusion just yet.

As Ethan observed the situation, he finally mustered the courage to ask, "Ple-ase, may I... ask who you people are?"

"Huhhhh," everyone in the room exclaimed, acting surprised by his question.

"Wahhh, Ethan, are you saying you don't remember your mother? Have you lost your memory?" The lady held Ethan's hands, and tears began to stream down her face.

"Sorry, miss, but what are you saying? You're my ....... Huhhh..."

Ethan glanced at his own white hands, puzzling over the strange circumstances.

"Sorry, miss, but what are you saying? You're my ....... Huhhh..."

Ethan glanced at his own white hands, puzzling over the strange circumstances.

"Umm, can I see a mirror, please?" Ethan requested, wanting to see his own reflection and make sense of the situation.

Jenny, the maid, hurriedly ran and brought a mirror after a few seconds, and Ethan was in for a shock.

"Whaaaaaat! What's this?"

The sobbing lady, trying to comfort him, said, "Ethan, is anything wrong? Are you hurt or okay?" She was concerned about his reaction to his own reflection.

'I need to calm down and act natural,' Ethan thought, closing his mouth.

His mind raced, realizing that he might have been transmigrated into this boy's body, to God knows where.

'I need to act natural. The heavens have given me a second chance. Breathe... Ethan thought.' Ethan took a deep Breathe trying to calm he's mind but...

Ethan's mind raced with lots of thoughts, and then he said, "Mo...m" trying to impress the lady who stopped crying.

A loud voice called "Ethan "And two men walked right into the room

Ethan's mind raced 'i'm guessing the one on the right might this bodies father, and the other might be the physician followed by the maid who was asked to go call them'.

"...Ethan, how are you?" the man's with the voice asked with a concerned tone.

Ethan felt a chilly energy coming from him, if he were to compare. The man was a lion and he was a mouse.

'Ughh, wha-whats this? Looking at his face makes me want to tell him I'm not his son, I died and possessed this body. Like he will even believe me hehe." Ethan thought to himself.

"Do you remember the faces of the people who attacked you?" the man continued.

"No, I don't remember anything except that this beautiful lady here is my mom," Ethan replied, trying to play along and not reveal his confusion.

"Hehehehe Ethan, you don't have to say that," Ethan's mom giggled blushing, and the man said, "What do you mean you don't remember anything?" with the pressure coming from the man's body increasing.

The woman looked at her husband with fierce eyes and said, "Dear, calm down. It seems Ethan has lost most of his memory. He doesn't remember you, but he remembers me, though hehehe," the lady said, attempting to ease the situation and teasing her husband in the process.

'nice safe mama, phew'.

"Sure, sure. But how come he only remembers you and not me too?" the man replied, acting grumpy.

The tension seemed to dissipate, but the lady couldn't resist adding, "A child can never forget his mother, hehe." With a teasing smile

"We should be glad our son is okay and alive, right? So, cheer up," the man nodded in agreement trying to feel lighthearted .

Ethan felt relieved 'Phew'.

With the couple arguing on one side of the room and Ethan being checked by the physician, time flew by.

The physician suggested that Ethan needed rest and time to recover.

"Okay, I understand. Everyone, leave the room and let my son rest until he regains some energy," the man commanded.

With everyone leaving the room, both parents stopped close to the door and said to Ethan, "Rest well, son. We love you."

As Ethan pondered on what response to give, the man added, "Don't worry, son. I will make you remember all our nice memories, and you will choose me over your mama, hahaha." laughing weirdly.

'Ethan thought to himself ' what's that evil laugh'.

'' come out already dear'' the wife called and they both left Ethan alone and the room felt empty

Despite the comical family, Ethan found himself drawn to their warmth and wondered about the boy whose body he now inhabited.

"Enough thinking. I should rest."

As Ethan pondered his next steps, he decided to rest until he could move comfortably. Gathering information about this world and his current situation became his priority. He wondered whether this was a new world entirely or perhaps a different part of his own world. With uncertainty clouding his thoughts, he knew he needed to be cautious and observant in this unfamiliar place.

2