Chapter 404: Ready
331 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Riser!" 

A few days had passed since Riser disappeared, and when he appeared once again, Ophis hugged him. 

Riser was exhausted and lay on the ground, but his eyes were full of excitement. 

Yes, he won against Trihexa. 

He won against the enemy that had made the God of the Bible die. 

Moreover, not only had he won, but he also devoured this being into his body. 

Still, he had to say that this enemy was stronger than the Great Red, which made him confused. 

Was this the effect because he was a non-protagonist?

Was the will of the world didn't want him to win that much?

Nevertheless, he had won, and he devoured the Trihexa. While it might be old news, he knew that he had become an existence that was impossible to defeat. A buggy existence that was impossible and whose only meaning was to stand on top of others.

An apex predator! 

Still facing the Trihexa, he understood why the God of the bible had died. Nevertheless, as he devoured the Trihexa, he gained its ability. Still, compared to the Great Red or the God, the ability of the Trihexa was much simpler as its main ability was its immense power, energy, and regeneration. 

Those basic abilities were simply maximized and made into an ultimate being that was truly impossible to die. 

Yet, what made him happy was the reward for the ability he gained after he defeated the Trihexa. 

As usual, when he defeated something strong or made an achievement, he would gain a reward from his system. 

[Congratulations, you have received the "Beelzebuth," Lord of Gluttony ability.]

Still, when he got this reward, he thought that he had become far, far less like a demon from the Phenex House. As a member of the Phenex House, his main ability should be his fire, yet now? 

His main ability was to devour the others. 

While this wasn't bad, he felt complex regardless, yet as long as he became strong, it didn't matter. 

Nevertheless, what was the ability of the "Beelzebuth" that made him so happy?

Like any other skill that he received in the past, while he only got one skill, this skill consisted of several effects, which were "Imaginary Space," "Mimicry," "Corrosion," "Soul Consumption," "Food Chain," and "Predation." All of those effects became part of a skill known as the "Beelzebuth." 

Now, let him explain what those abilities were used for. 

The first was the "Imaginary Space," which was an ability where he could keep anything within a space created by himself. It could be said that it was the enhanced version of "Duelist," "Dimensional Lost," and "Innovate Graal." This space had unlimited space, and he could also combine it with those three abilities he mentioned above. 

By now, he could isolate others, and he knew that this fight with Issei for the last time would be much safer. He didn't need to worry that he would destroy the terrain like when he had his battle with Issei in Eastern Europe. 

Frankly, this was also one of his worries when he fought Issei. 

While Issei was brainless, Riser wasn't, and he knew what kind of consequences that their fight would bring if it happened on Earth. The last thing he wanted to see was the Earth being destroyed due to their last battle. 

This ability helped him to refrain from that, yet somehow, he felt like he should prepare for the worst, considering how cheating Issei's existence was. Even if he felt like nothing could harm him anymore, Issei had always brought a surprise, and this sudden surprise would be a sudden enhancement of his strength. 

Nevertheless, if the earth was destroyed, he felt he could restore it to its original form. 

'Yeah, I think that's possible.'

Still, Riser suddenly felt emotional when he thought that he had grown an existence that could casually restore the destroyed earth. 

'Well, let's focus on my skill first.'

After "Imaginary Space," the next effect of "Beelzebuth" was "Mimicry." Well, this ability was pretty much an ability that allowed him to replicate the appearance of others and also use their abilities after he did an analysis of his opponent. 

Well, having devoured his opponents, this was something easy for him as he had the data of his opponents within him. 

If it was someone that he hadn't devoured, it might take a while, as he needed to do a manual analysis before he was able to replicate them. 

Still, it was a great ability regardless. 

However, this wasn't the end, and the next effect of the "Beelzebuth" was "Corrosion," an ability to corrode whatever he wanted to, which was pretty much simple, but if he developed it further, he might be able to corrode the existence of an intangible thing such as a concept. 

Was this the end? 

No, the next one was "Soul Consumption," an ability that allowed him to eat the souls of others forcefully. Frankly, this skill was so-so as it was like a branch ability from the "Soru Soru no Mi," which he had eaten previously. While there was no doubt this ability was great, it had far more effectiveness compared to the "Soru Soru no Mi." 

Nevertheless, compared to "Soul Consumption," his next ability was better. "Food Chain" was an ability to freely copy the prototypes of the skill of any subordinate while also enabling the user to grant subordinates any skill they are compatible with. Furthermore, the user's "power" also grows whenever their subordinates grow stronger. 

If Riser had to say, this ability was like the "Link" ability he gained in the past. While they were similar, they were also quite different. Still, the two skills complemented each other, so it was all great for him. 

Still, the best effect of the "Beelzebuth" was the next one, which was "Predation," which was an ability to absorb others into himself. Moreover, it also included organic matter, inorganic matter, talents, abilities, physical ability, energy, and even space itself. 

It could be said that this ability was the enhanced version of the "Degrenate." 

With this ability, it was even easier for him to devour others and manage everything that he had eaten, so at this moment, the moment he gained this new ability, he tried to combine and consume everything that he had devoured.

Starting from the Great Red, God, and the Trihexa, along with those powerful beings whom he had killed in the past, such as Odin, Sirzech, Ajuka, Azazel, Gasper from the future, Diehauser, Rizevim, and many others. 

Those beings had been devoured by him, and there was no chance of them returning to the world of living anymore. 

All of them had become his powers, and with this power, he was ready for the last battle, which he needed to face. 

12