Peacefulness
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The green fields laid right in front of me is something I would never get tired of marveling even 'till eternity.

I watched how the short grasses stay still, while the longer ones sways in different directions as the wind of my little brother's handweaved fan reaches them— he is playing with the ants again.

I tore my sight on him and looked up... to gaze upon the majestic and length-long branches of the tree I am under now. Other people would call it a doom and a sanctuary for those untouchable ghosts and mystic creatures. They say it seemed as if it is built with mystery. To them, the fact that it was always unfazed and unrattled by any storm or lightning while all those other trees around it already fell and was burnt down to the ground, is horrendous. A lot are in fear of it, especially at night.

I just don't know why...

Because me, I simply call it... nature... in its natural transcending.

Something too natural to be deemed dubious.

An amazing tree with a touch of green and brownish vines all over its body. A firm and impressive survival is etched on its imperfect and old skin. Has lively colorful leaves. A mixture of white and orange pigment on its blossoms brings ecstatic wonders to the eye. It always makes me think of a beautiful summer rise. And with it is a long life.

A home for birds. And also for those who are stucked in the heating sun or the rainy sky.

For animals and people.

I was battling with myself whether the branches are getting mightier as it gets older because it seems like it was getting firmer with the years of it standing here when on cue and in a beautiful transcending, a leaf found its way to my lap.

Out of habit, my fingers moved to feel and... unravel it. It is rough on my graze, perhaps because it is now dry and brown. I narrowed my eyes, trying to listen more as I fray it on my palm. One more course and it shattered in my hand.

I paused. Watch it be carried by the passing wind.

I don't know... but for me... leaves were like the trees' dreams.

Sprouting from its childhood,  some falls to the ground. Some vanish along the ground. Others just change colors in each season they had to pass. A lot more started to be introduced... again... some because of a drastic change.

Its body is like a fine fence that conceals the world from its inner that's still growing from within... unnoticeable if seen through days but with years you could tell a difference.

The roots spreads and clamps the core deeper and somehow I thought it brought them bravery to face a wind that's trying to blow up.

It seems to me that they are more complex than the younger ones, but still the same in needs. Water, food... light, care, tranquility... they just become more sensible.

The thoughts in my head just stopped when something was thrown purposely at my head.

A white slipper.

"Ouch," I said even though that didn't hurt me at all.

Turning my head in the direction where it came from, I found a lousily smiling culprit, who is sporting a beige shorts and an improvised white t-shirt he removed himself to make it appear like he is wearing a cape. He also has the other pair of slipper thrown at me—on his right foot.

"Oops," he then beamed teasingly at me.

I lightly sighed in defeat to fake a backdown.

Only to sneakingly do a chase seizing down as soon as he almost completes a full and wide victorious grin!

His eyes widened as he learned my deceit when I almost claw him by his cape.

"You are a fraud damsel in distress!" his happy laughter echoed callow disturbance in the calm hills.

"Oh! Come here, pretentious superhero star! No doubt you cannot fly for your cape is all a lie!"

"Oh, dear, human! Don't you know?! Capes are just an accessory for heroes to be cool. It has no way to do with our flight!"

We ran to the fields, with me barefoot and his other foot covered with only one slipper. Our giggles were all that was heard in the place for half an hour until we halted in exhaustion, catching over with frantic breaths.

"That's what should be called a fun run." he gaspingly noted.

I smiled as I breathed out, silently agreeing of his little noteworthy mention.

While I got myself busy gathering the hem of my white puff maxi dress to properly sit, he already removed his only slipper on his feet and seated on it. Successful on a comfortable Indian sit, I gently shove all the dirt that could cause a mark on my dress.

It's not easy to do the laundry, you know...

On the other hand, Miro's legs were spread all over his front and his palms were on the ground supporting him from a seemingly cozy boyish bend down... unruffled of the dirt he just acquired. He is cockingly grinning at the setting sun, though in his eyes is the guiltless admiration of all the wonderful colors in the sky.

I pursed my lips and thought of wonderful things despite loud differences.

"Grandma told me that she and Papa will head to the forest to gather woods for the bonfire tonight. " his deep breathing on a sign that he is still catching his breath from our earlier run.

"Hmmm... they didn't request for me?"

"Nope,"

Maybe next time, then?

They didn't let me join them again. I told them I am already a teen and I can help them do these chores but they tend to always find a time to sneak behind my back. They are treating me like a baby so much. Now I am getting teased by this 10-year-old boy because I couldn't even properly chop a wood for a bonfire the other night!

My gaze drifted to my porcelain skin and the stretched arms which some termed a bit skinny. And of course, my trail of thoughts was ceased cause I had to be the one to listen to the unstoppable mouth.

"I am already overseeing my index finger past the clay of the candle, slicing its fire as many times as I want as if insensate, " his orbs twinkled his unplaced delight. "You should try dotting the melting wax to the points of your fingers! It is fun. I promise you it'll be a strangely nice sensation you'll be excited to feel again!"

He put his fingers in front of his chest and smiled like an idiot, obviously imagining things.

Noticing he is going too enthusiastic playing with fire to the point I don't really understand, I inquired.

Though it is just a candle flame, it doesn't mean it doesn't seethe, right? And how could he slice a flame?

"But doesn't that sear the flesh?"

He abruptly made a series of waves in the air. "No. Nope. Nah...I do not reckon you hurt, so trust me-"

"But you threw your other slipper on my head just a moment ago?"

Dumbfounded by my indictment, he twisted his lips and spew a statement that left me dumbfounded.

This gentleman right here is the introvert's extrovert. Certainly, the storm to my deserted hush.

"Someone told me you are with your boyfriend," He declared so sure and proud it made me turn to him.

Gibberish!

Boyfriend? Me?!

"I have one?" I don't even know that!

He didn't respond to me with a word but he did with a sly grin I know what is about. So I just had to frown at the enjoyable view in front. Shifting to the green mountains that were a bit far from here but can still be seen majestically.

"Miro you should have corrected them," I bugged when I couldn't take it anymore.

"I won't." he denied, crossing his index fingers.

I frown at him and all he rewarded me with is a staunch chin-up.

"I approve of your lover,"

I slanted my eyes when I realized something familiar in his tone. He noticed it so he had to change the topic though it is obviously amusing him. "Oh look at Mr. Homan's cow! She looks more lovely now with a dozen calves!"

"You-"

I gave up the argument when he abruptly stood up and gave his whole life on his alibi.

I sighed and I saw him in my peripheral sneaking a bombastic side-eye.

And indeed the mother cow looks more lively with her children. As well as Mr. Hoovan's gang of sheeps which he is now guiding down their barn. He is with a broad smile when he waved his hand at us like it is just then he realized it has been mine and Miro's favorite spot.

"Good afternoon, uncle!" Miro's shout echoed and Mr. Hoovan gave a two thumbs-up sign for he cannot shout a greet back like this youngster beside me.

Mr. Hoovan is a 66 years old man who kept his heart to his animals even now that he is with gray and worn hair.

And he really is so cute with his vintage brown cowboy attire. And of course is a whole lot cuter when with his supporting friends— the daunting but sweet Great Pyrenees, the ever-friendly black Labrador, and the most spirited Border Collie.

He signaled his dogs and like a spell, the heap of his animals returned to their lair. The dogs ran back up to him with multiple loud barks. He pats them good, bowed only a bit for his age is already taking a toll on his back, a familiar stance— and then cutely did a slow run to who-knows-where with three wagging tails behind him.

Indeed so lucky to have one another.

Truly, nature won't be as thrilling and wild without the animal kingdom. And this town has been ensuring their home for decades.

Birds, cows, dragonflies, horses, bugs, and many other kinds are freely moving in the area. And somehow watching these diverse and foreign creatures moving freely on green land got me more curious about animals and how they naturally live their lives before... when humans weren't yet intervening. For sure, it was way different than right now. And would be way more different in the future.

The rainy season just ended and the color of the grasses and flowers in their respective places shows how happy they are because of the amount of water they were able to receive.

Yet... I won't ever miss the puerile smile on my brother's lips. It made the whole part of the view, a picturesque.

Coincidentally, a group of familiar people passed in the far front cueing Miro to automatically bump me by the shoulders.

Here we go again...

"Isn't he your boyfriend?"

0