Dance
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We are only how many steps away from the school when someone suddenly appeared out of the darkness.

And I won't be lying on how his sudden appearance made my heart beat fast. Perhaps it is because of the sudden shock he made me feel when he was immediately a few steps from my side.

That's definitely it.

I blinked twice, understanding the fact that Akin, tonight, was in his nearest position compared to the distance between us through the years since he was rumored to 'like' me.

Rumored.

And up until now, I've still consider it just a rumor since he doesn't really tell it... himself.

If he really do like me, he should... probably... should have said? Right?

Right!

I seconded myself.

I was already feeling awkward but waves of secondhand embarrassment rushed to me when Rain decided to blatantly point his flashlight directly on Akin's face.

"Oh. My. God."

And he just said that out loud!

In an exaggerated manner!

I do not know where to look anymore. If only I have the power to disappear right now, I would be so grateful to use it!

Akin instinctly raised his right arm to block his face from the blinding light. The lines of veins in his arms became more defined because of it and it didn't escape my eyes. The tight closing of the lips and the way his eyes dimmed became critically emphasized making my lips part a little.

I... breathe in the needed air.

What in the hell-hot world is Rain doing?!

He has a slow pace of walking so he is already behind us when I forcefully pulled Rain to walk straight.

But that was not a straight walk though, for his neck is still bent looking back at Akin.

And mind you, he is still lighting Akin's face!

I wouldn't lie about how he looked so supernatural in his black suit, especially when he was in between the darkness of the shadow he came from and the light given by the moonlight, before Rain's flashlight. And how he looked breathtakingly handsome when his facial features are lighted by Rain's manmade light... His nose, his vicious wet lips, his dark orbs... This night I understood what my neighboorhods fantasy are for.

And why they are all angry at me for it.

If I am also all over him...I would definitely be in feud... also... because...

Hey, Reishza! What the?...

Frankly, his appearance doesn't mean we should stop moving okay?!

And this man with me seemed to not care about how he may look like a drooling gentleman looking at the dashing prince we have behind us.

And Rain is still on his suit at that matter!

"Will you stop doing that?" I leaned to his ear to whisper it because I do not want to add more awkwardness to this situation I am in. I narrowed my eyes on him when I noticed how his adams apple is continuously moving.

"Please let me be you," he dreamily said in my ears, without tearing his eyes on him.

He gripped on the arm I am using to pull him when he whispered it. And that made me pinch him real hard to bring him to the reality he seemed to fly away.

"Ouch!" he reacted and I felt more annoyed now when he carelessly dropped the flashlight on the ground.

My brows meet, signaling a scowl at him. I turned to pick it up but someone is already picking it up so our forehead bumped when I abruptly sat because I am supposed to pick it up!

Okay...

I know in my life that there will be an instance that I'll bump into another's forehead so I should chill when I really do bumped... to Akin's...

I avoided the supposed-to-be direct eye contact and flushed more when I heard a stifled giggle somewhere.

Remind me to twist his ears real hard later, please...

I opened my lips a bit for a suppose sorry but I closed it and stood up first when I realize it might be his hot breath that is warming up my cheeks.

Seriously... A simple sorry shouldn't hurt my pride. Come on, Reishza...

"Ah," we both said in unison.

His moving hand nearing my forehead is the first thing I noticed before his lightly protruded lips. When he realized I am watching, he cooly inserted it into his pocket.

And yes, he didn't touch me.

Though his red ears and unrelaxed brows are very... not helping us at all.

My lips remained half-open, waiting for him to talk so that we won't talk at the same time again.  But it seems like he is also anticipating me to talk first.

"Sorry," I fortunately uttered first, braving his gaze.

Only to avoid it again when his adams moved... fine.

Without waiting for a response, I proceeded to turn my back at him to pull away the giggling guest who is greatly entertained watching us.

Rain's eyes were now all over me, add up his teasing form.

With determination, I concentrated on the way. Stopping myself from engaging into a catfight with Rain.

"Get it back," I urged him without removing my eyes on the way.

But the man just bumped me on my shoulders!

"Why don't you get it?" he said in the most teasing tone he has ever used on me!

I glared at him and pinched him real hard on the waist now, making him utter a faint "damn".

"Get it or don't, that's not mine anyway!" I almost lowkey cried in annoyance to pop the idea playing in his mind.

I let go of his hand and he walked back like a fine gentleman who is to meet his other friend.

As if he didn't almost drool at him earlier.

My face creased when I saw how his hand purposely glided to Akin's fingers as he redeemed his flashlight back.

This flirt…

I lifted my eyes up and blinked when I noticed that Akin's orbs are on me. Me? My face?

Ah.

I flushed again realizing I don't have enough makeup to bring color to my face. I am probably looking like a ghost now like how I am like on normal days like Rain said!

Slowly, I turned my back to the two of them to make it seem like I just casually did it to walk properly again.

But after minutes...

What is taking Rain too long to walk beside me?

I turned to him again after long minutes, only to be welcomed by his playful wink.

It was obvious that he is walking slower than usual now. And I don't have the courage to shout him 'faster' because that would only make me more embarrassed. I allowed Rain to walk at the pace he wanted to and I walked fast as it is the pace I wanted to do so.

I am already on the benches outside the campus when a tall and infamous varsity player in the upper year suddenly walked himself on my way.

I noticed how two of his friend massaged his shoulder a little before he swiftly left his loud group with a bold licking of lips.

"Hi! " he extended his hand. "Collin,"

I accepted it out of hospitality.

My eyes unconsciously flew to his group and noticed them agitated or something.

Of course I recognize him, he is one of the known playboy predators in the school.

A whistle from behind reached my ears. That way of whistling surely is from my date.

I even overheard him saying 'first blood'.

"I am Reishza... from the juniors?" I sheepishly smiled together with my awkward introduction.

He smirked widely, confident, arrogant, or what. "Surely you are not that much busy with school to not know me?"

I twisted my lips to suppress a wrinkle. "Collin from the competitive batch of basketball troupe. Yeah I have heard. "

He grinned and glazed his lower lip. "Mind if I walk you to your table? As you can see I have no date,"

That's impossible. I shook my head awkwardly. That offer is fine but Rain is my date and he is a playboy so...

"Rain is my date,"

His lips twitched looking behind me for a while. Then back at me again, jaw mocking a titillating move. "Oh, my bad. How about a dance later then?"

"That's fine. Just ask Rain first,"

Rain whistled again. I glanced back and saw him playfully placing his right arm on Akin's shoulder. He mouthed what seemed like 'double kill'.

My line of vision shifted to the man beside him.

I smiled, being friendly. Like how I was behaving with Collin.

Akin didn't return back my smile.

My smile faltered a little when I returned my gaze in front of the gorgeous athlete.

"Sure, sure. No problem, I will." Collin's eyes dropped to my dress. He smiled charmingly. "You look great by the way. Not like you ever look unpretty though, you are always pretty... and hot..."

"Oh," I laughed a little, a little unsure and overwhelmed of his compliment. "Thanks! You too! You are dashing yourself. And uh... I will go ahead now, "

"Alright, see you later Reishza. Thanks!" he returned back to his earlier group with a wider grin. Some cheering happened behind me but I dared not to look back anymore.

A dance at the prom won't hurt. Actually, it would actually hurt more if no one would want to dance with me.

I reached the venue faster than usual. I raised my dress a bit on the chest when I noticed that too many eyes are focused on me now. I ignored it like how I usually practice. One swerve and I realized why they said proms are magical.

The school ground is not just decorated with bright lights and beautiful designs, but also with lots of beautiful women and handsome men on the floor tonight.

Tonight, I felt like I belong to their world— but I am discouraged to think that in a minute.

"Showing some skin to lure the guy's attention. She may have believed in herself too much to do that but she only looked like a trying-hard-wannabe, " a near voice said.

"Maybe she thought she'll look like a bomb wearing that now. She may even assume of being the prom queen tonight, isn't that so funny?"

"Yea. Tell me about it more,"

I'll just assume that those statements are not referring to me.

But I am not a fool to not know they are referring to me.

I am soft-spoken and mostly reserved, but I am not dumb.

They've been doing it for years. I have even memorized the voices of those who keep on throwing me those kinds of insults. All of them are laced with bitterness and insecurity my family taught me to not pay attention to. And that it doesn't really get to me because I know myself better than them.

It's just that they don't get tired of doing it.

Someone confidently brushed his palm on my waist sensually and I know very well who it is from.

"Hi beautiful," a deep voice ranged in my ears.

I heard some giggles. People looked in our direction more. Now more eyes are laid on me.

If only they knew.

I eyed him warningly when I learned what he wants to do next when he winked at me.

"You are so stunning tonight that I think a lot of insecures will be talking hogwash just to warm themselves up." Rain said with a purposeful loud voice that I am sure reached not just my ears.

I shook my head to intentionally caution him to stop it now. That's fine now. I think they have already grasped what he wants them to know.

"They are obviously just a dirt on your toes," he crouched and whispered closely, making us look like a sweet scene here.

He is fueling the rumors on the campus.

Whatever now.

Since this man wants to enjoy his spotlight, he led me to a table where people can easily gawk at us. Being the mister congeniality that he is, he spent his time socializing with people near us and those who are intentionally stopping at our table. All I did is to smile politely at the crowd whenever I sense them staring longer than necessary at me.

Here goes my ineffective socializing skills.

After all the formality of the event, the emcee soon announced that the floor is now open for dancing. The lights immediately dim for a sweet dance. I caught Akin and his group reaching their designated table. It seems like they have just entered.

His eyes immediately found me.

I immediately moved my eyes to the man beside him.

Actually, I felt like I should pee.

I urgently stood up from my chair. The group at our table looked up at me. I cleared my throat and looked at Rain before the whole population at the table.

"Comfort room," I said to inform them. Rain stood in his seat and was about to walk to me to join me.

"I can manage," I said to stop him.

He only eyed me before he turned to those he is talking with earlier.

"Please excuse us," he still said, before he motioned me to walk.

"You should have just enjoyed the talk. I can go to the bathroom alone. " I said in between our walk because I really had no intention to strip him out of the group's animated talk.

He leaned on me to whisper feverishly.

"Don't be so delusional. I also need to use the comfort room because I need to fix my appearance since my crush is talking to me!" he said that with a small giggle that only we can hear.

Fine.

And he just called me delusional.

A lot of people are already dancing on the floor. My eyes accidentally flew to Akin's table which is now filled by a lot of fine and hot girls. Some pretty girl is talking to him and they actually look perfect together. But in the middle of their animated talk, his eyes roam to search the crowd.

I tore my eyes in that direction before Rain sense it. He will make it a big deal for sure.

We walked past the table with eyes following us. I guess they are again speculating or gossiping about something now. We let them. They can't be stopped anyway.

We reached the comfort room and parted our ways, entering our designated room. I entered the cubicle first to pee before I went out to check myself on the side, where the full body mirror is on.

Wow.

I look... good.

I look like a fine lady now.

I forgot to check back what I look like in our house earlier because I was busy attending to their teasing. The dress is really shorter than the one I fitted last week.

Could it be that grandma adjusted it?

My cleavage is again peaking so I adjusted it up but the length long slit of the dress automatically moved up exposing more of my legs. I pulled my dress down one more time to cover my legs again, disregarding the cleavage peeking now.

'It is fine' I said to myself. This isn't even that revealing so much skin, just a peak of mine.

But people are looking at it…

I sighed heavily and decided to look up to check my face next. I only have lipstick on mine. I didn't apply any blush on since my cheeks were already naturally flush. I do not know how to professionally put on makeup like what the other girls are wearing tonight, and I honestly think I should learn that too.

They look good wearing it.

I fixed my now wavy hair a bit before I decided to go out, but to my surprise, Akin is leaning on the wall outside.

His eyes are seriously fixed at a far distance and jaw slowly clenching as if he is thinking of something dangerously outlandish. A bit engrossed in his daze, my eyes wandered to his fine neck and the hard bulge in there. I gulped certain intangible words when his sudden looking up shadowed it. He soon bobbed his head down, hiding a full expression but a ghost of a smile remained visible on his lips.

I did rounds of side-eye to check something. Is he waiting for someone? Perhaps his friends? Ciezo?

Or is he waiting for his date too?

But it was only me in the washroom earlier.

Because I am supposed to wait for Rain on the little bench on the side of the comfort room... and now that I feel so conscious of an unnecessary view, I walked past him.

But he stopped me.

He interrupted by clearing his throat.

His eyes traveled on my body before he looked straight into my face.

"Good evening, Reishza,"

"Can I dance with you tonight?"

0