Feverish
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My lips opened a bit before I closed it again to look for any person he might be talking to.

But it is only us.

I have it checked.

And it was my name he uttered.

I stopped in my tracks and inhaled... light preparing... before I completely let myself turn to look at him. I tried to look inside the man's comfort room but I couldn't find Rain. I just can't peek whole in there, I may see what I shouldn't. I am not ready for that yet.

...yet?

I questioned my consciousness.

I glanced back at him and he is watching me still.

"You are talking to me." I declared, because who else will he talk to when no one is here but the two of us?

Well, except if he has some imaginary friend, which I think he doesn't have. He doesn't look like the type of having one.

He stood up properly, off the wall now. By the look of his bit lousy smile and glinting orbs, he is kind of tensed about something.

Why? Is he nervous?

Is it because he likes me?

Gosh! Why am I suddenly so full of myself? And where does that thought came from?

I am about to say yes but Rain suddenly popped up outside the comfort room.

His whistling stopped as soon as his eyes drifted to us.

I've known him so much that when he gave Akin a friendly smile, all I could see is him masking a teasing smile.

"Bro, you done talking to Stella?"

Akin's eyes flew back at me.

"She is only asking something about our classes. It would be polite to answer since I know about it. " he explained shortly.

He is really fond to look into my eyes. And why does it seem like he saying that to me? I am not the one who brought it up?

"Surely you asked her to dance with you? Stella is the chick a lot would be dancing with tonight. "

His eyes bore on Rain. Serious.

"Our conversation didn't actually didn't drift to that,"

So, if his thought drift to it, she will ask her? Oh come on Reishza, what now? Its not like he really has something towards me. Besides, that's fine. This is prom, people should dance. He could dance.

"How about later?" Rain probed.

"Reishza is who I want to dance with."

I inhaled harshly. As silent as I could allow.

"If it's okay with you. And your partner, of course." he continued, now looking back at me, making my eyes dilate a bit... unshielded. Especially on his first line.

"Of course dude! Why would that be a matter to me? We're just good good good good friends," he even nodded to assure him that we are really just 'good friends'.

And he agreed without consulting me. Great right?

"You two can go and have a great dance already. I can manage-" he said, acting like a cupid tonight but I cut his wings off.

Nervous of an idea, I bravely spoke an ungrateful remark.

"We are returning back to the table right now, excuse me" I excused, pulling Rain by his suit.

Akin's eyes flew my hold.

I cleared my throat to add up something when Rain held onto my hand a bit tight compared to his always careful touches. Signaling me to add up something.

"You can… you can just go to our table later. If you…wanted it…still?" I asked him with an unsure smile on my lips.

Sure! I even allowed Collin to have a dance with me, why can't he?

Right?

Yes.

Gosh.

He held my eyes again before he nodded.

"Thank you, " he smiled.

On cue, I didn't waste any time to turn my back.

Okay! What are these unlady-like gestures Reishza?!

I wanted to fan myself but I refrain to do so. I walked fast and didn't wait for Rain anymore, but the man has long strides so he is immediately on my side, pointing out something on my face.

"Someone is blushing?!" he heckled.

I checked if someone is hearing us but none is, so I breathed all the needed air I forgot to take in when he suddenly announced that.

I neared my face at him. So close that he can see I am not. I am naturally flush! This has nothing to do with that casual asking for a dance!

Oh really now, white lady?

"I am not!" I said, my eyes turned crossed-eyed looking at his high nose bridge.

Someone cleared his throat from nowhere. I retracted back on my position when Akin pass exactly between us.

Huh?

Where did he come from?

Rain, still not satisfied with his teasing, grinned widely again. I glared at him darkly and he shut his mouth up to stop. But I can see through him, he is still not done with his teasing. I won't be shocked later if this news was already known in the house.

We returned to the table with Rain smiling abnormally as he talks to people. And I definitely do not have to guess why.

The floor is still filled with people dancing in the rhythm of the song when my phone lit up for a text.

Both Rain and I saw who the sender is.

Miro:

I told you he will be your boyfriend tonight!

"You little wench," I faked calmness as I whizzed at Rain.

He adjusted his chair a bit away from me and dodged my staring. Afraid of my noiseless claw.

"Yow, Greta do you wanna dance?" he greeted someone that's passing by to excuse himself out of my outburst. The woman she called narrowed her eyes on him.

"My name is not Greta."

I tried my best to not laugh at Rain's face. Look how karma make a way.

"Oh, I thought you are. Because you look so much like the gorgeous protagonist from the movie I've watched last night." he shamelessly flirted.

The woman looked flattered and redden at his statement. I consciously held my cheeks and my mind flew on what happened earlier. I did not blush like that. Rain is very wrong when he declared that.

"And she is named Greta," he added to smoothly correct his mistake earlier.

I don't even know if any movie has a female protagonist named Greta.

I smiled warmly at her and she smiled the same at me. She is really pretty. She looks like a prom queen! And I have a feeling like she can be a possible friend... somehow.

Rain stood up and offered his hand at her like a prince. She obliged like a prom queen bee and they walked away to move with the music.

The brute definitely knows how to pick a girl. He's definitely an expert doing that for years. You cannot doubt him having a woman's heart.

I should just busy myself with my phone then.

Me:

He is not my boyfriend. Stop insisting so.

I lifted my eyes on the crowd again and meet Akin's eyes staring directly at me. I remove my eyes in that direction like I am just casually roaming my eyes on the dancing people. I caught Collin on the far table walking towards me.

Miro:

Not yet

The music comes to stop and I replied again to Miro.

Me:

Why don't you just bother Kierra with your texts?

Kierra is his ex-crush. Yeah, ex-crush because according to him she is liking him too much, and he does not want those kinds of obvious girls.

However, I know he doesn't just know of his feelings yet. Sometimes, I pair Kierra with other boys when she is visiting the house and he would give me a death glare for it.

Then he'll start teasing me back about how Akin and I are so fated for each other.

And that I should make him my boyfriend.

I couldn't bring up another argument after that.

This boy knows how to find a way. I am already worried for his lover in the near future.

Me:

It's up to you. She is so pretty. Some guys must be texting her out actively now.

My phone lit again but a man's hand blocked my sight on it. I looked up and learned who it belongs to. The people, including most of the dancing crowd near us, focused their attention on us like it was such a big news for tonight.

I guess this is inevitable?

"Can I have this dance?"

0