First Episode: The Glimpse
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was something in those pair of orbs that intrigues me to know what is. There was a deeper force in me that was winning over my fear. I remained in front of him, hella scared but now not wanting to run.

I thought he will be the one to kill me? Why is he… freeing me?

His veins potently showed up when I tried an unsteady step forward.

"Rain," he groaned, denying me his eyes.

Rain forcefully pulled me out of my delusive braveness, dragging me me to the other way, and Akin watched us with heavy eyes before dashing out of human sight.

"What the hell are you up to?! Run for your life!" Rain hissed.

I twisted my neck to look for him and saw him heading into the same woods the nerve-wracking man is. The man met him halfway with vehement pride, seemingly saying some lewd stuffs. Akin watched him so with blank expression. One more statement from the man and they continued rowing as the unconquerable beasts of their kind. Their movements are too fast and impossible for me, making it all blurry in my sight. I couldn't follow anymore. My mind is getting haywired.

Sister? He called me what? He knows I can see even with far distance?

They are vampires? Isn't that just a tale?

I glanced on our way and realized that we are now going to an unfamiliar route. Are we getting lost?

"Rain?" I asked in between our running.

He turned to me and I saw how his eyes reflected mine. He is also in fear but unlike me, his mind is working better and sounder this time.

"Shortcut," he stated and that's when I felt the urgentness of having a sound mind. I have to function properly or else we will be doomed!

We passed bushes and tall grasses for minutes. I thought I will now be relieved because I am now this near to our house but I hopelessly kneeled on the ground when I saw how this intense fire is eating up my home.

"No no no no," I continuously uttered at the sight.

What is happening? Then the suddden events rushed to me like wildfire. The same time the fire blew out on full glory, leaving nothing on sight but the feel of humid air.

Are they the one responsible for this? Is it because of me? But I didn't do anything for them to do this to me! What is about that 'sister' statement? How are they impossible but existing?!

Rain forcingly held me up, slapping me hard on the face that I couldn't believe it was from him! The heat and pain from the impact of his palm crippled on me like wildfire. Why...

I looked at him, shocked at that, but together with me he is also not believing what he is seeing. However, he is manning up to see to it that I won't be eaten by my emotions and fears. That we have no time to break down on the time we needed to move the most.

"I'm sorry..." he hugged me so tightly that I felt his chest silently rocking a whole lot too. He wiped my tears and patted my head for a little while.

"Let's move and look for them in the area, alright? Heartstrong..."

I nodded with tears probing to fall down my eyes.

We ran the distance to roam around the area. My skin burning up because of our distance from the flame but I won't stop easily. We looked anywhere the surroundings, hoping to see them.

Papa, Miro, Grandma. Where are you?

We searched and searched for long minutes but we failed to see even one. In waterfalls, my tears cannot be stopped.

Suddenly, my weird ability came up again. I can now hear the noises of talking people and their footsteps from afar like it is so near me. I anxiously grabbed Rain by the hand when the footstep got louder and bolder in my head, meaning they are getting nearer to my position.

I brought him into a hidden compartment under the large tree that Miro and I only knew, and after minutes of being in there, a group of people with black hoods appeared in front of our house. Its back embroided with a distinct symbol I got afraid to know about. It was like a head of something but I couldn't fully grasp its true form as its strokes are intentionally made to not be furnished completely and was only highlighted when lighted by the fire.

"Did you get the girl?" a lady in wavy silver hair who seemed to be their leader asked.

Someone advanced to her position to talk. "We didn't. Damien has-"

The man is still talking but the lady suddenly twisted his neck, detangling it from his body, as she kick his body with extreme force. The head and the body flew, it was burned together in the fire surrounding our house. She grabbed and kicked three more of his people to the fire.

Pretty savage, she craned her neck as soon as she finished doing it like it was some usual business.

"Worthless!" she exclaimed.

Her eyes roamed more on the area and I even stopped breathing so that they won't know we are just right here. Her nose move, smelling something. She is leisurely walking towards us... three steps away... until another person came.

He whispered in her ears. I was able to take a glimpse of her eyes. The color of her eyes is different from each other. One is gray, the other is deep orange.

"Is that so?" she irritatedly butt in.

She then left the place hastily and like the man with red eyes, she is too fast that I couldn't even follow her when she started to run away. All of her people followed her. It was only seconds they disappeared.

What has happened? What are they? Who are they after? With all the things I just witnessed, I couldn't help but faint in Rain's arms.

0