Angst
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was all white and gray, but also green or brown.

I woke up being carried in someone's arms and the blurry surrounding is the first thing I've noticed.

If that was a nightmare, then is this perhaps daydreaming?

Cause there is no way such roulette of colors be dancing all around me. And also not will I be crowned such privilege of witnessing such a bestial beaut.

"Rain," I uttered a name for help but I can't find him near me.

Where is he? And where is this man taking me?

His eyes flew to me and the circles of different colors came to an abrupt halt. I inhaled sharp and severe in a heartbeat rush of adrenaline that's alike of being suddenly shoved down on the rooftop of a building and the suddenness of it allowed more of my hair to a frenzied loop.

We stopped in the middle of an unfamiliar forest and I am... with a dangerous man.

I can't believe it took my panic a while to realize that I am in Akin's arms!

His chest is barely moving up and down even with all the running. An ultimate bluff.

He look like the normal guy I thought he was, but every situation I have with him till now doesn't conform.

So my questions cannot be stopped.

"Who are you? Where are you taking me?!" I reckon with laced judgment in my tongue.

He ignored that and occupied himself with a not-so-prompt thing, covering my exposed chest. My eyes flew to his loosening hold of my legs and that's when I realized I am still wearing my prom dress.

So this is still the continuation of that encounter. It was not just a bad dream...

He carefully stood me up despite my angst.

Those orbs were never on me the whole while so when he allowed me to meet them, mixed emotions caved in. That's also when it highlighted to me that they are not pitch black anymore. But still the same assertive, intense, and powerful.

"Who are you..."

"Akin Ezar-"

I am not fond of shouting in people's faces but with these fear and uncertainties on my mind, I was able to! "Stop pretending now!"

His jaw clenched at my shouting.

"That was definitely not Akin! That was not who you made us think you are. You have fangs! You know that man! You can run and be the darkness like all hell is to break loose! You are a damn... p-predator and I couldn't believe we have been living with one and not ever scared for our life!"

He intently nodded and straight to my eyes, he lowly rasped.

"How long do you usually calm yourself when angered?"

"And could you, at least, hear me? "

There it is, Reishza...

"And then what?  Deceived me.. us... straight in the face again?"

"I am who you know me-"

"I refuse to acknowledge that."

Hiding his face from me, he slowly knelt down.

I firmly shut my eyes when in extreme contrast of how he acted earlier with the man, he held my foot with such tender touch as if he is afraid it might go broken. I remembered all of it while he is wearing the oversized shoes on my bare feet, the ones he was wearing earlier during the run.

My eyes opened and it darted to his feet, which is now bare. I blinked the threatening moist in my eyelids.

Counseling my heart that it can't be the way it used to be. He won't be bleeding without the shoes on. I don't have to worry of him having a bruise. He is not normal, and it's abnormal to care for him this way when he just turned into a stranger to me.

I refused my other foot on his hand. He let me. His hands hanging in the same position.

"Did you kill my family? Rain?"

I stepped back twice because in all honesty... I am really scared... of what he might do to me. And what he is. He is not the same man I used to know. And that makes him nothing... but a threat... to me.

With a gloomy chortle, he remained on bow, perpetually shadowed. "You also think I am the predator everyone is talking about?"

For some reason, I prohibited myself to look at him... especially not when I think the chuckle is just a front.

Instead, I craned my neck and turned around because if he really did not kill them, then it means they must be somewhere. But only the tall trees and consistent silence welcomed me!

"Then where are they? My family and friend, Akin..."

"They are safe in the Relimenia, your brother secured them even before the Srostave attacked them-"

"That man is not my brother." I declared, fiercely convincing him and myself.

"How can that be my brother? He is a monster!"

He shut his mouth at that and we remained silent for a moment. Absorbing our different situations and worries. And then the weird capabilities I kept disregarding sank into me. My not normal hearing, the fast running, my nose that smells abnormally,  my eyes that can see even from afar...

I lifted my gaze and immediately met his dead tired but intent eyes which seemed to be waiting for me all this time.

He probed of my feet as if it has to be our utmost concern right now.

"Please come nearer, the other might be pricked..."

It was an ugly feeling to see how considerate he remained despite my judgments of him. He sounded geniune. Appears geniune. But I couldn't afford to trust a dangerous creature. An unfamiliar kind.

"Don't... touch me. Please... "

He lightly shook his head on himself and I caught darkness of his normal orbs as he stood up. As if he is vicious of something.

"Sorry." he utterly apologized.

"Are you going to kill me?"

He didn't want to answer so I repeated.

"Are you gonna kill me?"

There was no answer again and I don't know what nerve has been damaged because I have allowed myself to courageously sprint in front of him and brave his shadowed expression.

His brow furrowed as he look above my head.

He is avoiding my eyes so I pulled his collar and thrust him to see me.

"Why won't you answer?"

"I see you are gonna kill-"

His eyes shifted at me irritatedly... tainted.

"I'd die first than kill you."

"And would die for you, even if you don't ask me to."

0