8 – Grant
3.3k 3 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Man, I don't believe it hahaha, seriously, I wish I had a dog like yours." Remy laughed loudly after hearing some stories I told him about Krypto.

During the bus ride to school, we shared some stories with each other to shorten the distance between us and it worked perfectly. Our sense of humor was very similar, even our personalities matched.

After the bus arrived at school, I took my backpack and threw it on my right shoulder and adjusted my sunglasses on my face while Remy finished tidying his deck and we went to our classroom. Yes, our classroom. During some conversations we discovered that we would study together in the same classroom, which was good news for the both of us.

Remy had never tried to get close to other people as everyone looked at him with some suspicion thanks to the different eyes he had, so I was his first friend at school too, even though he had studied here the year before.

As we walked down the hall, some people stopped to look at us with curiosity. I noticed with my super hearing that people were amazed that someone had the courage to talk to LeBeau.

"So someone had the guts to talk to the devil-eyed boy, huh? Nobody had the courage to talk to him due to fear, but it seems that this newbie wasn’t afraid of those eyes". I heard a feminine voice commenting somewhere in the hall.

"Yeah, on top of that, this new boy looks pretty hot... his rebellious hair, his leather jacket, his sunglasses inside the school, even his belly abs making relief in his shirt. Does anyone want to come with me to welcome him?" Another girl commented with the first.

"Sure, why not?!" A third different voice commented as I heard steps coming towards us from behind. I looked away and noticed that Remy hadn't realized it.

A few seconds later, a group of three girls reached us by my side and started walking at the same pace as us in the same direction. Remy was a little surprised to notice something that out of place, but seeing me ignore it he decided to do the same.

The girls who expected me to say something were a little surprised and one of them finally began the conversation. "Hey guys, are you going to class too?" A little girl a little shorter than me said with an innocent smile on her face.

I knew that there was nothing innocent about that smile, but we were only 14, it was very unlikely that she planned anything nasty, especially a girl of her age. "Hey girls, we're going, yeah, are you freshmen too?" I asked, pretending to not know anything.

"Yes, we are! We'll probably be going to the same room. Hello, Remy." The girl answered me and then greeted Remy. "But I don't know you yet, what's your name?"

Remy was a bit surprised, he studied the whole of last year without anyone trying to make friends with him, and today on the first day of school, three beautiful girls showed up. He felt a little suspicious, but still a faint smile appeared on his face.

"My name? Well, it's usually more polite to offer your name first before asking the other's, milady." I teased her with a faint smile on my face. Talking to other people of my age was proving to be much more fun than I imagined.

Hearing what I said, her cheeks turned a little red and she said. "My name is Emilia, this is my friend Carla and my other friend Anna." She pointed to her friends who gave me a slight nod.

"My name is John, and as you know, this is my new friend Remy." I said it while pointing to Remy and mimicking what she had done.

We chatted animatedly down the hall, everyone participated in the conversation, even Remy who was a bit cautious at first opened up more and started talking to the girls too, until an idiot appeared.

"Hot Emilia, why are you with these losers? The fish eye and... his weird new friend?" A guy of my height with a well-built body for his age came with a group of friends and insulted Remy. When he looked at me, he tried to find something to insult me with but couldn't find anything. He just said the first thing that came into his mind.

"Stop being an idiot Grant, nobody said anything to you and you're already insulting." Emilia said as she rolled her eyes.

"Just being in the same place as those two losers I already feel insulted." Grant answered, making his friends laugh.

It seems that what I thought about talking to people my age being nice has just been refuted by the idiot who showed up in front of me. "It seems you're intimidated by something? Maybe your ugly face doesn't give you enough self-esteem by looking in the mirror, so you have to come and try to get more by insulting others?" I asked in a tone of debauchery.

"What did you say, loser?" This Grant came towards me trying to be intimidating. By the movement he was making, I assumed something was wrong with him, maybe the force he had was greater than what his body was designed to have, forcing him to try to hold back purposefully to act like a normal person. Obviously, the force he was trying to disguise was several times weaker than my Kryptonian force. But that raised a doubt in me, why is he so strong? Aren't humans supposed to be weak?

"Do you want me to repeat, looking at that ugly face of yours?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him with a frightening look.

"Stop it John, he's very strong. He tells everyone that he's been boxing since he was a kid with his dad, not to mention that he works out a lot, just leave it alone". Emilia said close to me, but as I saw her approaching to say something close to my ear, Grant became even more enraged and gave up controlling his own strength.

For normal people, his arm moved very fast, so fast that some people could not even react. But for me, with my keen eyesight after spending 3 weeks on earth, it was as if he was moving very slowly. But I didn't want to expose myself here, so I just lifted my arm and held his arm trying to make it look like I was pushing too hard to hold him.

"Ohh, you seem to have some reflexes?" He asked in a sarcastic tone, but I could clearly see the look of surprise and a bit of disbelief when he saw that I had reacted and was still holding his arm, even if with a bit of difficulty.

"You're a mutant too." Remy suddenly said while looking at Grant with his scarlet eyes.

Grant froze for a second and looked into Remy's eyes as if he were a demon, he had tried to hide the fact that he was a mutant from the school and that his X genes activated. Today he lost a little bit of control, but did not make it very clear. But unfortunately, Remy's black and red eyes clearly saw that Grant was using something that wasn't human, a different energy.

Grant noticed that apart from the three of us, nobody had heard what Remy said, so pretending that nothing happened, he stopped pushing with his hand and left with his friends who didn't understand why he stopped the attack.

Emilia and her friends asked me if I was okay, and I pretended to be a little tired, but in my head, all I could think of was: "What are these mutants?"

 

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd

72