13 – Dodge
2.1k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Man, you got a good family." He said as he followed me out of the house.

"I know, I was very lucky." I said happily while thinking about how lucky I was that the first family I met when I left the forest was such good a good one.

"Okay, to begin with, how does that tell me the full extent of your strength?" Remy asked me as we stared into a flat field under the hot sun.

I didn't really know how to show it to him without destroying anything, so I lifted my right leg up to my waist under Remy's dubious gaze and kicked the ground with all the strength I could muster. To the amazement of both of us, a slight tremor was spread a few inches around me.

Remy with his mouth wide open remembered the men I had sent flying yesterday. Some of them had even destroyed a piece of the brick wall where they had been thrown to by the punch. "That... I don't think we can fight using your full strength since you probably have a very abnormal reaction speed compared to a normal person as well." He said thoughtfully. "Hmm, turn your back."

I did what he said and turned to face Krypto who was lying there sunbathing in front of the door of the house while looking at us curiously. Suddenly, I heard the faint sound of the wind being cut and a card hit my forearm before it exploded and made me stumble a bit.

I looked at him with a questioning gaze and asked, "What the fuck was that?"

He looked me in the face with a smile and said. "This will be your training. Only by using your improved senses will you deviate from all the cards that I throw. At first, I will send the cards much slower than the maximum speed I can muster, then I will increase the speed according to your improvement. The training of battle techniques can wait a while."

I understood his training and I thought it was a good idea. I closed my eyes and just focused on my hearing. **Shwooosh** A card was thrown and I knew it was directed to below my waist, but I couldn't find out in time until it exploded on my leg causing me to pull back a bit more because of the small kinetic force from the explosion.

This training required a lot from me. I could very well use my abnormal speed to dodge his cards by moving all of my members very fast without leaving the place, but this would not get me anywhere. I had to focus on sound, try to find the card and on top of that move only the targeted member to dodge. The maneuvering time was very low, which made the training even more interesting!

...

**Shwooosh**

I could hear the card coming from my right side, but I didn't know exactly where. I could only make a bet and for the first time in the afternoon, I deviated from a card in the fraction of a second it had been thrown when I lifted my right arm by 4cm.

"After two full decks you've already adapted to find the position of the card just by the sound... that rate of improvement... doesn't make any sense." He said it in a happy tone for me and a little surprised by the rate of improvement.

The clothes I had put on for training were lighter, my black regatta shirt had been torn at some places because of the explosions, but I was very pleased with the improvement. My hearing didn't get more powerful, but more precise.

"Now you will help me with my training. Take the cards, you'll throw them at me until you hit me." He said as he sent me two decks of cards that he had in his pockets and put a blindfold on his face.
"Why are you wearing a blindfold? Do you happen to want me to throw you cards from 360-degree?" I asked him feeling challenged, after all, when he threw the cards at me, he just stood in one place, which made it easier for me to guess the path of the cards, but when he put the blindfold on, he probably wanted me to circle him and throw the cards, to make the path more unpredictable.

After he gave me a nod, I grabbed some cards and started throwing them at him. The first card was at the speed he was throwing the cards on me, but he dodged it easily.

The second card I threw with 50% more speed, which he dodged with a little more difficulty, but still did not seem difficult.
I decided to increase by 50% the current speed and throw again. This time, he was really serious and made minimal movement to deviate, giving me a doubt.

I threw the next card with 50% more of the speed of the previous card and focused my supervision on his body to try to understand the movement he was making and as I observed his body intently thanks to vision. I could see him moving only a small amount of muscles to be able to deviate from the card.

Now I wanted to take it farther. I increased the speed by 70% of the speed of the last card I threw and focused my vision to the maximum on his muscles and noticed a pattern while he was moving. The same muscles were activated to deviate from the card, which this time was wrong by only one hair.

I decided to play the final card and this time, increased the speed by 20% of the last card I threw and noticed when the card hit the skin of his left leg making a smile appear on his face.

A smile also appeared on mine and instead of letting it rest, I decided to take it to the extreme. I increased the cadence of cards I was throwing until I was acting like a machine gun. I noticed that some of the cards he had trouble dodging were getting easier to evade until every now and then he swerved from some cards even at that speed.

As I threw the cards, my eyes were focused on every move he made and my brain began to adapt everything I was learning to my muscles. I was sure that the next time he would throw cards at me, I would be able to deviate from all the cards if he threw them at the speed.

When the cards ran out, I sighed and saw him take off the blindfold with a bright look. "Who knew you could help me so much on training that I was stuck in for so long. My dad couldn't throw cards fast enough to hit me, but when you did, I almost couldn't dodge any. That wasn't your top speed, right?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I could still increase the speed by a few times." I said with a smile.

"I guess our football match's gonna have to be a little different than traditional matches, hm?" He told me while producing small explosions on his hand, which made me even more excited for this game since we would use our powers.

================
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd
Discord: https://discord.gg/aTVfQdt

46