15 – First Time
2.2k 8 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dude, it's weird pretending to be tired..." I said while trying to figure out how to pretend to be tired since those few exercises didn't even make me sweat a single drop.

"I know, it took me several months of practice to understand how to pretend to be tired in PE class." Remy said as he leans on a tree near the running track and pretends to breathe a little heavily.

It's been a week since we've been training every day after class. We ended up finding it very fun to play football using our powers after training, so it turned our routine into training all afternoon and then playing football to see if the training was really effective.

The problem with playing football every day is that besides the balls, which didn't last more than two days, we also started to find normal football very boring. Remy and I once asked to be able to play a game with the staff of the school's football team but even trying to suppress our instincts and powers, the game was still very easy for us. So that was our only attempt to play football with other people since playing just between people with powers like us was several times more fun.

The problem is that after we asked to play with the football team, something started happening.

I looked away and let out a sigh, making Remy look in the direction I was looking at and notice who was coming. He then sighed too.
"Hey John, Remy, how are you guys doing? I doubt a run like that would have tired you out knowing what you're capable of. I still remember that day! " Jackson exclaimed as he walked towards us with the other players of the football team behind him.

"Hi there, Jackson, we're fine but that race today was very exhausting." I said while trying to pretend to be tired.

He looked at me with a dubious look but put the matter aside and a smile appeared on his face again. "Dudes, are you sure you don't want to be part of the football team? With you two in the team, I'm sure we can beat all the other schools in New York." He said as he looked at us hopefully, accompanied by the other players from the football team who came with him.

I knew he was going to say that. Since we asked to play a game with them, every day they would come to us and ask us to join their team. To put an end to this farce, Remy and I thought of an excuse and I told them. "Look, I have to help my dad on the farm. There is so much work to do that I had to ask Remy to help me, but here's what we can do: when you guys have an important game we can come by and help, how about it?"

Hearing the idea I gave, Jackson was a little disappointed at first, but hearing that we could help in the important games, he soon got excited and smiled to the other players. "Okay, guys, did you hear him? He said he'll only help us in important games, so we have to play well enough to get to the important championship games and give them the chance to play, okay?"

"Yes, Captain!" Almost all the other students shouted happily and excitedly, except one.

"I still don't know what you saw was so special about those two idiots." Grant grumbled as he looked away.

Jackson ignored Grant and turned to thank us. When he left, Remy and I released a tired breath and we left the field. The last class today was P.E., so we went to take a shower in the locker room and when it was time to put on my clothes, I wore a different shirt, but before anyone could see, I closed my leather jacket up to my neck and left with Remy.

Instead of taking the bus back home, we started walking in the direction where we had found the little boy being abducted that day.
"Okay, this building looks pretty isolated." I said as I looked up and started walking up the stairs, followed by Remy.

Upstairs, we both hid our backpacks and got some cloth masks up to our nose and a pair of sunglasses to hide our eyes that were very different from the eyes of normal people.

When I opened my jacket revealing my shirt, Remy couldn't help but comment. "Woah, your mother sewed it very well, lucky you." He said it while pointing to the "S" on my chest.

"I know, right? Even I didn't expect it to be this good." I gloated with a proud smile as I fixed my leather jacket on my shoulder.
After hearing the nickname the little boy had given me that day, I had an idea and decided to honor my parents by using our family symbol on my chest to indicate who I was. As far as colors were concerned, I researched who was the most popular hero and found out that it was Captain America. To be taken as a hero, I didn't think twice before choosing the same colors as him.

A blue shirt with the family symbol "El" on the chest in red and yellow, which exalted my muscles, my black leather jacket on top to be able to hide the symbol at any time if any problem should occur, a red pair of leather gloves so as not to dirty my hand with blood and to finish a wine-colored Jeans that almost black. In the end result, if the jacket was open, people would easily relate my clothes to Captain America and already know that I was not a villain. The only suspicious things were the thin red mask that covered my mouth and my round sunglasses to hide my eyes but it was okay.

Remy was wearing a mask just like mine, his sunglasses were different to hide his eyes, followed by a brown overcoat and thin armor made of a light alloy to protect him against bullets since he wasn't as tough as me.

[Nunu Note: Joh-El's appearance is like that of the cover, but a little more childish, since he is still 14 years old, while Remy maintains the traditional style by which we know him as Gambit, but, like Joh-El, more childish since he is also 14 years old].

We knew that this would not be enough to hide from the government organization, so we would have to take some precautions that he learned at the Thieves Guild to keep us safe and to foil any suspicion they might have on us.

I clearly followed his advice, since for him and his father to have lived so many years without ever being caught by this organization, is because they certainly have some ability. Besides that, this planet is still very underdeveloped technologically, so this organization can not be as ubiquitous as it would be if the technology of the world was about 20 years more advanced.

Dressed in our uniforms, we jump from the top of the building to some lower buildings and use some stairs as support so as to not fall directly on the ground. I used my strength and speed to cushion most impacts while Remy used the technique he perfected for years at Thieves Guild.

Arriving at the place where the boy had been abducted, we stopped on top of a building and I began to look beyond while trying to focus my attention on my super hearing. Our goal was to get traces of the Scientists Guild, and this was the only place where we found their goons.

-- That movie was really good! Robocop was very cool! –

-- Yes! Have you ever wondered if in the future some robot man could protect us just like Robocop did? –

...
-- Mommy, my ball went over there. –

-- All right, Johnny, you can go get it. –

-- Mom... hmmmm -

Hearing a boy seemingly scream in despair, I quickly assumed it was the kidnappers of that time and waved to Remy as I ran to the place as fast as I could. The sound I heard was coming from something around 1.5km from here. With my top speed, I got there in no time.
I wouldn't wait for Remy to arrive before beginning to help the boy as we agreed that I would be the front-line since I would arrive first while he would support me the moment he arrived.

Knowing he'd be here soon, I didn't think twice and jumped off the building with my feet aiming to fall on one of the men.

================
Wanna read a lot of advanced chapters? Support me on patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/Nunuxd

43