Self-pity
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We have arrived at the beach.

There's still no available parking lot here so the only way to have a proper parking is to search for any little shade given by the earth's natural sun blockers— the trees.

The driver's door banged and I rotated to get the dog out too. He immediately rushed to the sand like an excited child as soon as I opened the door. I placed my black sunglasses on as I roam my eyes to the beach.

There is no single change here, as well as people. It's a pity they have never witnessed this place yet, but it is more of a pity if they'll do.

I guess it's my lucky day today. I will not be disturbed by anyone but the dog. Who is now officially welcome to disturb me anyway...

The beach being undiscovered yet, has no cottages or anything so I moved forward to a cave-like rock formation and placed our things there. The shed it is giving is enough to cover three persons and their possible things and foods.

According to German, he discovered this place along his way in his teenage years. And every time he'll discover such wonderful places, he'd share it with me. Looking back, he made this effort to make me come here to celebrate his birthday before, while I'm in the middle of my own mess while growing up. With no flashy clothes or extravagant foods and liquors he could very well afford... just us, the beach, and boxes of pizzas. And a worthwhile rest.

Then I just found myself repeatedly going back here, even if it is not his birthday.

It seems like together with the waves, my worries were carried away in the deepest of the sea, and once brought back, it is lighter to carry.

It allows me lots of time to think all by myself, with the view alleviating my brash view of the world.

I removed my slippers and sat on them as the wind blew my white cover-up. I am already wearing my white micro thong bikini inside along the way.

The dog ran on the sand more until he turns around to my position and ran to go to me. With his tail continuously waiving at me.

I placed a bowl of water beside me, but instead of hydrating himself, he flatly laid down on the sand— his paws on my legs and his tongue sticking out. I caressed him near the ears and he immediately looked sleepy with my touch.

It is my first time getting him out of the mansion, should I tag him along in my journeys more?

My setting euphoria faded.

But I am always out for danger.

I can't.

I massaged him more. If only I wasn't living a dark life, we can travel the world together. Together with German, Mark, and those people whom I cherished.

But I am. No matter how I try, I can't escape. I couldn't run from it. I have lived with it. It keeps coming for me. So as long as I can, I wouldn't let anyone be involved with it.

Even this dog by my side.

I got used dealing with this alone, I do not want to share my burdens with anyone. Simply because this is my fight. And this kind of suffering, should not be shared. No one deserves a heavy heart. Better just be me.

The sun is still up but the wind in the beach is enough to soothe me now. But I couldn't just sleep here and put my guard down. I do not know what might come next.

The dog after his sleep ate and ran again to explore the rest of the beach once again, while I remained watching him, the ocean, and the sunset. Discreetly beaming a little everytime the dog turns his back in front of the ocean just to look at me here, and smile with his tongue down on the side.

I let little smiles escape my lips too.

No one is watching, so I am allowed.

He is again on my side after a while. I gave him a piece of dog-friendly pizza to eat. He barked at me with delight before he returned to the shore. He seemed to love the sea too.

It was then when his silhouette is longer when I decided to join him there and finally, explore too. I slowly removed my cover-up and placed it properly on the mat. The sun can cause less damage now.

He sat on the sand, waiting for me patiently there as I take my steps.

I carried him and we both felt the water embrace us as we go deeper. I freed my hold on him as soon as he look up at me, probably stopping me to get farther. He immediately started to swim back to the shallow part of the ocean.

Not forgetting to look back to check on me though.

He is very... sweet.

I stared at him knowingly and I felt like he understood what I meant as he continued swimming back to the shore, where he'll be more comfortable.

Looking at him at this point seemed so ethereal. I never thought there will come a time that a dog would make me so dramatic and appreciative of simple things.

He is all I never thought I would need... and deserve.

I dived into the ocean together with the tears I allowed to flow because I feel so grateful and— so pitiful at the same time.

No matter how I mask it, I know I am extra grateful for how he was led to me. And all the other people who never forget to live with me. But there is this painful feeling again that made me feel pity about myself because I feel like I am always— and will always yearn for more.

And how it wasn't possible to be given to me anymore...

...and how on another side its is actually possible but it seemed to remain impossible especially as time goes by.

I swam for how many hours until the sun was replaced by the darkness on the beach. I am positive that I would now go out of the water but the desire to go out of it heightened when I saw two brooding figures from afar. There is no light around so I feel so alerted as I cannot see who they are.

The dog!

I swimmed fast to reach the shore.

My pace slowly went down when I recognized who German is with now. I can feel myself lowkey shivering as soon as I remove myself from the water. Now being embraced by the wind.

Standing obscurely dark beside German is Vanroe Ahxar Hontèvioss. I have never seen anyone who can suit the darkness so much as he is now. It seems like he owns it. And with the intensity of his dark orbs and his overall silhouette, I couldn't validate whether it is the wind or his obvious glaring that made my skin colder.

His white longsleeves is not fully buttoned, making me see a bit of his massive chest. It is tucked in black slacks that fitted well all of his lower extremities, effortlessly shoving in my face his fine physique. He is folding his left sleeve on his forearm but his eyes bores on my body as if it was bare. With the harsh breeze ruffling his hair.

Seeing him here, dark and intense, brought that memory back to my mind again. That specific night.

I discarded that thought immediately and fixed my eyes on German who pulled my cover up on the dog's mouth. That is why he didn't bark earlier. He is with German. I also noticed how my things are already organized in my car. How long were they here?

I manage to block any emotion on my expression as I walk serious and austere even with the jarring gaze directed at me.

German's body blocks me out of Vanroe's sight when he walked towards me to hand me my cover-up.

"The night is cold Miss, you should shield yourself a little tonight" I heard him say before he turn his back on me.

But he didn't leave to walk, he remained standing before me. I took my time wearing the cover on me, to mask a bothered state. German walked the same time I am done wearing it.

"Thought you are not coming," I asked him.

"I wasn't supposed to, but someone wants to see you,"

My gaze drifted to the man we are with. I effortlessly faced my car, with the dog tailing behind me.

Perhaps, Luther?

I opened the passenger's seat and the dog settled himself in it. I tapped his head gently before closing it. I was about to enter my car too when I heard someone speak.

"You'll come with me."

I slanted the tip of my tongue inside my cheek.

0