43. A legendary sword
160 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's all hopeless. We live in a hopeless world, and nothing matters. Life is just a constant struggle, and no matter how hard we try, we can never overcome this immense insurmountable barrier. Why even bother trying? We're just doomed to fail, and we'll never be able to change anything. Everything is pointless, and nothing will ever improve. It's just a never-ending cycle of misery and pain, and we'll never find any true happiness. 

The world is a hopeless place. Everything is just a dark, bleak, and empty void. Life has no meaning or purpose, and we're just wasting away day by day, with no hope of ever finding happiness. Even the stars in the sky have lost their shine, and the world is now full of nothing but darkness. There is no escape from this hell, this pit of hopelessness. Life is pointless and meaningless, and we're all just pawns in a game that we will never win—except for me, haha. 

Anyways, it's currently night. After freeing back the dragons from those chains, I had them immediately go back to work. Nothing much new happened, all just screams of despair. In just a span of an hour, the results that I've been aiming for are finally finished. They did their job well turning this once peaceful and bustling land into a wreckage. Now, it will look like an ancient ruin. 

"We've done as per your request. Now, remove these shackles from us." Grandbird said. Him and his family are in front of me. 

"Hmm, I indeed promised to remove those collars after this."

"Fulfill your promise. Breaking it is a grave sin against us." 

"Sorry but, I don't wanna."

"I knew it!" 

"Well, to be honest, I don't wanna let you guys go since I think I still might have some uses for y'all. Though, I don't wanna bring along pets either."

"Who are you calling a pet?!"

"Y'all of course. I treat every other species that's not humanoid equally. I think I'll have you four sleep for now." I replied. 

With a thought, not bothering to make any cool moves or lines anymore, I turned them all into stone statues. I am doing a sealing technique. 

Though, as it doesn't look cool for me, I deformed their bodies and turned them next into pillars aligned next to each other in a circle. 

In the middle of the four, I created a sword with a red and blue handle representing the fire and water dragon, while the white shiny blade radiating a light of the color of the sky for the other two. 

I then had it stuck in a large stone, as I wrote something on it saying; "Whoever manages to pull out this sword will be worthy to be the new master of all the dragons."

That's right, it will not only be these four, but all. Though, it's completely randomized because I'm bored. Still, I had made it sure that no one will be able to do so yet in the next one hundred years. 

I also added fogs in this whole kingdom to make it look cooler. You know? It becomes more mystical this way. This place might even be a legend later on. It will also be harder to fight monsters because the lack of vision. 

"I wonder who'll be worthy?" I smirked. 

++++

I headed back to my proud aircraft. I'm lazy to be a pilot right now so I had it just fly in a straight line. 

I kept staring at her, the so-called princess, wondering what I really wanted to do, and what I'm supposed to do. I did so for a long moment, about a few minutes or more. 

Then I thought, why don't I just create my own small world? Just the two of us, no one else. With no other disturbance, living in a desolate place separated from everything, from this dream. 

I summoned a portal, leading to that said small world I imagined. A place existing only in my mind, my own space. A flat world that has an edge others might argue about. 

"Although I just met you, ain't this romantic? I'll definitely give you a wonderful new name." I talked to her sleeping face with my purest smile from the heart. 

Man, I just started another novel on a whim and guess what, it already has 81 readers right away. While this one took so many days just to reach that number. I guess the gender bender genre does the trick.

7