Chapter 81: Athena Relza; Princess of the Cresuilge Kingdom. Duel!
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His eyebrow raised a little as he stared at the flooring of the other side, focusing on the middle.  

Nothing was happening, but why did his eyes move here?

(Sound?) He perked up his ears to try and listen to where the source is coming from. 

Barely thrumming in his ears was a melodious sound. It almost sounded as though it was a tune played from a musical instrument. 

Gradually as the sound ringed louder, he found it came from the ground.

At that moment, the flooring he had his eyes peeled on, shone in a dazzling golden light. Motes of golden light swirled and twirled forming a circle while a ray of yellow light surged out from the inside as a ray, shooting a few metres above the ground. 

Dalis knew what was happening. 

Somebody was teleporting or transfering into this space. It was not like Feeria’s formulated spells that had its formulated patterns. The transfer resembled like the time he was sent out from the Pre-Soldier Exam. 

The biggest difference was that it was quite fancy, and there was a clear power generated. Interrupting the transfer would mean one would need to force through all that light and divine energy. 

When the light appeared to dim a tinge, the light flashed. Then, an outline of a figure was seen through the dazzling light. 

As if to welcome the figure’s entrance, slowly the light began to disperse, opening the drapes of the curtain to reveal the figure. Melodious sounds, continuing to thrum. 

When she appeared, it was as if the whole world was brought to a still.  

Her beautiful looks were incredible. Incomparable. She drew everyone’s gaze without an exception. 

Her long golden hair cascaded from the back of her head to her waist billowed out in the air, revealing a dark blue ribbon that interlaced the curls of her braided hair, which culminated to a dark blue rose bow attached at the end of the braid. Those behind would not be able to miss the two locks of short hair sprouted out from each side of the bow.

Dalis’s eyes did not blink, not leaving her in his sights for a moment. Taking in her sapphire-blue eyes, he saw the sparkling glint shimmer as though it was shimmering light from the summery oceans. 

Yet, those mesmerising eyes were not of aesthetic appearance alone. They kindled and embodied something special. 

Dalis knew what this was.

It was strength. 

But that was all Dalis could perceive through his keen eyes. There were definitely more.

He answered the call to his racing heart. 

“Princess Athena. You are beautiful.”

*drip*

There was a splash in the ocean of her eyes. 

Her perfect porcelain skin bloomed with a slight flush of red. The crevices of her gentle lips widened as her lips parted.

“Thank you.” 

Athena’s silvery voice was like the voice spoken from a goddess. The heartfelt appreciation in her utterance shook all the hearts of men and even many women to topple into a disorder that could be defined as love-struck. 

Crown Prince Kayle was amused. 

Dalis’s inner thoughts that gave him the feeling that this was not the most beautiful girl he had ever seen were completely overturned in that moment of reply.

If he wasn’t so captivated, he would surely curse himself and give himself a thousand lashings for such bullshit, rude lingering thoughts. 

It was guaranteed that all the men from the Cresuilge Kingdom would curse him for that. Much like they’re doing right now. Cursing under their breaths, and gnashing their teeths in pure jealousy.

“She really is so beautiful. Hehe, even my little brother was so awed that he had to tell her how beautiful she was,” Stilla said.

“Such powerful destructive force . . . Hmph! Looks like the insect wants to pollinate a flower much too looked for,” Melvin scoffed. But he was clearly pleased.

“Melvin, I hope your words are not improper.”

“Of course, Sister Edna. But perhaps the insect has other plans.” 

“Excusee me?”

“Ah?!” Melvin yelped. Removing his eyes from the stage, he turned his head to face Sister Edna.

“Is something the matter, Melvin?” 

“A-ah, no Sister Edna. All is immaculate, there are no issues!” Melvin quickly turned back to the front. (Sister Edna seems a little frightening today . . .)

Dalis felt a slight chill run from his spine. 

He did not know why it suddenly came to him, but it helped him focus on the upcoming battle. His eyes that were captured in adoration flickered, replaced with a valiant look.

Promptly, Athena’s eyes which were already valiant sharpened. She began to walk a little closer from her position and readied her enchanted steel shield. With a refined move of her right slender arm, she unsheathed her lustrous platinum longsword. The crowd leaked out awes of excitement. 

From a single glance, Dalis knew that weapon was definitely a forged treasure. It’s surface alone was so smooth and yet glassy like the beauty of diamonds. 

There was no waver, however, from Dalis. After walking for a bit, he simply stood still. 

Seeing this, Athena appropriated her distance to be akin to Dalis. Until they were a fair distance apart. 

Not close, but not far. 

Neither had an intention to move from their spots.

There were no exchanges of words either. 

“Courageous Warrior Dalis, from the Caleyar Orphanage and Princess Athena Relza. Are your preparations ready?”

“Yes.” They both replied in tandem.

“The first match of the trial will now commence!”

Those words were like a gun trigger shot to start a running race. 

With a decisive kick of the foot, Athena dashed off to Dalis at fast speeds. 

(So fast!) Dalis was briefly struck, daunted.  

But he quickly recovered and prepared to meet the incoming Princess. 

As her golden hair danced in the air from her whooshing speed, she delivered an arced swipe of her sword. 

Dalis boldly went into her strike with his own steel weapon and met the blow.

*CLANG!*

(Not good!!!) Right when he felt the force and the vibration ring through the rod to his hands, he felt his hands go numb. He was pushed back, toppling, but through his defensive he managed to maintain his ground.

Yet, without a moment of break, Athena was already on her way to deliver another strike, this time going for a straight thrust to the middle. 

(Shit!)

He was forced to immediately duck down from the strike; he had no other option to go due to his moment of overbalance. 

While he ducked, he slid himself to bridge the gap. 

Athena did not expect that he would slide himself closer, so she was a little lagged to defend herself. But as her shield was close and at bay, she was almost certain to block the damage from his weapon.

?!!

She felt a short pang of slight pain come from her right solleret, forcing her right leg to bend outwards. He had gone for a foot sweep! 

Athena quickly drew in her sword as Dalis’s bo staff was ready to perform a quick jab.

Clang!

The friction between the weapons continued, they pushed at each other. However, Dalis was steadily being overpowered and it only worsened for him as Athena’s grip changed from defensive to offensive. Dalis also did not have the upperground, and his body was being pushed back, knees grazing the floor.

Dalis let out a groan and let himself be flung away when she had least expected it.

But Athena seemed to have anticipated that, and so the power behind her blade was optimised. 

Dalis was sent flying twenty metres away. 

“Ugh . . .” 

Although he managed to break the fall, due to the graze from his knees and having to try and withstand that strike, he could only mitigate about 65% of the blow. 

Beads of sweat trickled down as he endured the pain. When he had his moment to look at his opponent, he was baffled: Athena was already charging at him.

(Merciless!)

Alarmed, he shrugged off the pain and positioned his posture to be fully in defense mode. It hurt like hell as he bent his knees, but he grit his teeth and stared at Athena defiantly. 

CLANG!

Dalis felt her powerful strike. Once again, it threatened to release his bo-staff but he was ready this time, remaining firm. Dalis did not have time to process why the strike had lesser power than before as another strike was on its way.

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

Sword strikes after sword strikes came at Dalis’s way. Each strike was clean with absolute precision to their trajectory. No surprise, Dalis’s steps were being moved back again. 

He had no room for any comfort at all. 

Her movements were aggressive, fast, and weighed a power that Dalis was always forced to struggle to fend against. Dalis’s breathes were amok and Athena’s breathing was too shallow to be heard from the continuous sounds of metals clashing.

 “This is the finisher!”

Finding an opening to Dalis’s stance, Athena’s front foot passed her back foot in a passing step, delivering a conclusive lunged strike. 

“AHHH!”

Dalis was thrown into the air from the sheer force, tumbling down to the ground. 

Metres away, face flat on the floor. 

Blood seeping from his tattered clothes. 

To the spectators—

—there was no sign of him getting up.

 

Announcement
When the SH update comes, I will very likely upload the rewrite series. I will be making an announcement during then!  
0