01 – Why me?!
3.4k 27 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

Jay: I don't deserve this...

Niku: Yes, you do!

Jay: They tricked me into helping them... Then why did I get this role?!?!

Niku: [@High-Level Tsundere] You deserve it, tho.

Jay: Shut up.

Niku: 'Urusai Baka~' said Jay the Tsundere.

Jay: Say one more word. I dare you.

Niku: *CrazyCat.gif*

Jay: Don't just use random gifs to escape!

Niku: *CrazyCatVersion2.gif*

Jay: I'm gonna-!!!!

Wheel to know which character you are.

Jay: ????

Niku: ??????


POV - Jay

A wheel? Looking into it, it's full of names, some of which I recognize. Characters from anime, games, and movies: I was about to ask why Niku sent this, but the message with this roulette wasn't from him... In fact, there isn't a name attached to it.

 'Wheel to know which character you are.' So it's one of these? Who put this on the server? As I think about it, a message saying 'Niku Spun the Wheel' appears.

'It's pretty much gacha. I couldn't help it.' He says... Fair, gacha is life.

After another moment, another message announces his result.

'Niku got [Mysterious Heroine - (Fate Grand Order)]'

With the result announced, I try to remember who this is... Mysterious Heroine X, or MHX for short. Isn't this an 'Artoria face' from the 'Fate' franchise? If it were a normal gacha, they might be happy right now, but this is a wheel that decides 'which character you are'... This can only mean one thing.

I can make fun of him with this!

I don't waste time on my own personal revenge! My fingers typed a message quickly.

'Ha! You're a girl now! Get genderbend!!'

He tries to defend himself, but I don't let up. That is, until his next message comes.

'Talking a lot for someone who didn't roll yet.'

Ah, that's true. Looking at the names in there, the chance of me getting something bad is pretty significant.

I could simply not roll, but the power of gacha is too strong!

I. MUST. ROLL!

I click the wheel and immediately have a bad feeling. Normally I'm lucky with these, but gacha is unforgiving at the worst times.

The power behind the spin starts to wane, and I try to guess where it will land. Until I see a dreaded name on it. [Aqua (Konosuba)].

AAAAHHH!!! Not this blue thing!

Being compared to her would be a nightmare come true, and Niku knows this as well.

The wheel loses its power and reaches that name. Nonono!

Move one more! Just a little more! NOT that blue thing!!!

The wheel stops. It was close... Really close, but even if it was by an inch, the result is clear.

It moved past that name!

"YES!"

I commemorate unconsciously, but quickly realize I'm not out of the danger zone yet. I was so focused on not getting that one that I forgot to check who was next.

Looking at the announcement, my face turns into a frown...

'Jay got [Bronya Zaychik - (Honkai Impact 3rd)]'

... Unlucky. It's still a girl, so I can't make fun of Niku using this... Bronya is a small girl from Honkai Impact who talks using 'The Bronya' when referring to herself. I can already see where this is going...

And not long after comes Niku's comment, which quickly shows me this was not a good idea. Looking at the chat, I try to keep myself from cursing out loud.


...

Niku: Loli

Jay: Do not say a word!

Niku: Tsun loli

Jay: SHUT! UP!!

Niku: 'Urusai~' Said the Tsun loli

Jay: ... Technically, it could be 'Silverwing Bronya' so I'm not a loli

Niku: ...So you admit you are a Tsun ( ͡º ꒳ ͡º)

Jay: YOU LITTLE- I'm re-rolling! You can't stop me!

Niku: Already tried that. Didn't work for some reason.

Jay: AAA WHY CAN'T I REDO IT??!!!

Niku: You are stuck as your loli self. (〜^∇^)〜

Jay: DAMMIT!!!

Niku: Anyway, I'm really tired somehow. I can't keep myself from falling asleep. Bye, you tsundere!

Jay: Come back here! Don't run away!!!


I try to get his attention, but he is already offline. Dammit! I'm so mad; I feel like my head is a little fuzzy...

No, my head really does feel somewhat fuzzy. For some reason, I'm getting really sleepy. It's kind of early, but maybe I should also go to sleep.

Turning off my PC, I slowly get up and notice it's hard to keep myself from just lying on the desk and sleeping there. I was even more tired than expected; my body is extremely sluggish as I fall into bed and unconsciously close my eyes.

... But it's weird... Why did... My hand... Look... Transpare-

.........

......

...

Ngh... Did I sleep on the ground? My body feels really weird.

... No. I'm already standing up. I opened my heavy eyes, feeling like I was in a long sleep.

The sight that first greets me is sand and dust.

... And beyond it is a city..?

Am I dreaming?

As my mind starts to work, something appears in the corner of my eye, flying this way from above.

It was fast, but it was still hard to understand what it was.

That's until...

BOOOM!!!

An explosion?! Dust flies about, and the loud sound disorients me for a bit. The impact of it breaks the illusion that this is a simple dream.

After a little while longer, everything settles down, and my eyes are drawn to where those things came from.

Flying in the air is something I couldn't believe...

Girls using mech suits with weapons aimed at me... They are really far away, but I can clearly see them.

The weirdest part is that... I have a feeling I know them, especially the white-haired one... The Anti-Spirit Team, if I remember correctly. They are from an anime called Date-a-Live, but why are they real?!?!

With all of this happening, my mouth utters words of disbelief...

"The Bronya... Can't... Believe this..?"

My voice! Why is it so weird? And what did I just..? I tried to say 'I can't believe this' not... No way!

I look down and check my body, and I notice everything is wrong. My clothes, my arms, my hands, my legs, my height... and even though I didn't check, I know there is something missing... So even MY GENDER!!!

Am I... Bronya?!?!

Before I can even have a bigger breakdown over it, my head quickly looks over at the flying girls that shot at me. It wasn't something I tried to do, but I understood why. This body reacted to them attacking me again.

Another barrage comes my way, and I try to get cover... However, my body does not listen!.. But not out of fear; my eyes keep looking at those missiles. I somehow understand that instead of running, I can stop them in their tracks.

BOOOOOM!!!

The impact was even stronger, but even though it was coming right my way, it exploded in the air. With a closer look, I can see something invisible in the dust from the explosion. An invisible robot... Bronya's weapon. I guess even those explosives have nothing on this.

... Wait, why are we fighting?

They are an Anti-Spirit Team... Why fight me? Oh no.

Am I a spirit? In the world of Date-a-Live? Where the MC... Dates... Spirits? That male MC..?

Maybe it's a misunderstanding, but if I really am one, then... I shudder at the thought.

I see those girls preparing to engage in close combat. Probably because it didn't work from far away, but I don't care about that. The only thing I can think of right now is...

WHY ME?!

New series!!!

... Or something. Honestly, starting a new one when my schedule is already so chaotic is probably a bad idea.

This time, it's a fanfic of a more known world... So I actually expect this to reach more people than the other one, which concerns me a bit.

But I did say writing this was going to happen, and I'm a man of my word, so here goes nothing!!!

Thanks for reading!

91