War but my ADHD acted up
315 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiko at atop a tree near lake Siss, looking at the chaotic mess unfurling below.

In an unexpected twist of event, Gabil, apparently the son of the chieftain, usurped his father and instead of waiting for reinforcement like he had been told, he gathered up his men and attempted to fight the orcs anyway.

One could easily see how well that went against an army of essentially hivemind wendigos in heavy plate armor.

"Why wouldn't Rimuru let us just walk up to the lord and kill him? That would solve the problem right?" Momiji voiced her thoughts, standing beside the spectre on two flying leaves. It's a tengu thing, don't ask.

"Well apparently 'We don't know where the lord is'. It's almost like he wanted to show off and conveniently forgot about our ability to see soul." Jiko made the best immitation of the slime's voice, making her sound like a ten years old. "Speaking of Rimuru, why did he get upset over Gobta asking about his chest?"

She threw a blob of voie up and intercepted the thrown sword.

"Like that."

Meanwhile down in the battlefield, Rimuru was staring at a random spot in the treeline.

"Wha-" Gelmund, the plague doctor wannabe, stammered in confusion.

"Sorry, just felt an urge to do that. Anyways, where were we?"

Back to the duo, a fumo Jiko was now hugging the hilt of the sword and holding it upright while Momiji visibly strained to stop herself from hugging her.

"I'm so booooooored." Jiko threw another blob at Momiji and the Tengu caught the newly formed fumo.

"Maybe I'll do something about skill? Uhh... my theme is kinda dark... but not, just emptiness, nothing to reflect off of... Hmmmmmmmmmmm... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... HMΣWƎMΣWƎMΣW-"

"How did you even make that 'M' sounds rotated?"

"I don't know."

"Hu-uh."

"Yeah. Anyways, I think it's time to introduce this world to the concept of 'Spell Cards'." Saying that, she conjured ten slips of paper with voie. "I wonder if this would work..."


 It didn't. They had to make-do with a few pieces of phellem.

But the cards worked wonderfully. They're theoretically very effective against a horde of enemy, seeing how the projectiles moved.

Just then, the sun shone, and the two spell enthusiasts finally noticed the pillar of slime standing where the soul of a very hungry man was departing.

"D-... Did we just miss the entire thing?"

"It appears to be the case."


 With the war ended, Rimuru holding a conference meeting (again) regarding the matter of the surviving orcs, and all the important (militant) people attending, Jiko and Momiji went back to the village.

With nothing else to do, they resumed making spell cards.

5