003 – Doll Parts
210 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?"

He stood up and turned his whole body to me and started to levitate.

"Soiya soya!"

He got closer to me and showed me his little notepad with a drawing of him with his left hand up and a dialogue balloon saying "Hi!".

"Um, hi?"

He put his other hand in the notepad and flipped through the pages.

The drawing started moving it looked like his hand is waving.

"Did you just draw that?"

"Soiya!"

That's impressive, I guess.

He's not stopping or erasing time but he must have cool powers, right?

"What can you do little guy?"

He put his mechanical pencil and notepad in his bag and started to look around for something.

He opened one of the drawers and took out a sheet of A4 paper.

He took a craft knife from his bag and threw the paper up.

All I can see is a blur for half a second and then the paper on the ground and him opening a paper doll chain.

"Soya!"

I took it and looked closely, I could see the heads are a perfect circle and the hands are perfectly straight.

"Holy shit"

Ok, let's try another thing.

I think he can read my mind and know what I want him to do.

He took a fine brush out of his bag and I threw the paper doll chain up in the air.

I tried to see his hand moving but all I could see is a vague blur of different colors.

Four paper dolls fell on my hand and they were highly detailed drawings of Asuka, Rei, Shinji, and Kaworu from Evangelion.

"Soya!"

So he's very precise and very fast.

Let's see if he's strong too, though I doubt it because of his appearance.

The average weight of a manga volume is 5 ounces or around 0.15 kg

I gave him one and kept stacking more.

By the 8th he had difficulty to keep holding them.

He was holding 2 lbs or 1kg.

So he's weaker than me but stronger than a child I guess.

I can control him up to 8 meters I think.

In short:

His precision and speed stats are A or maybe higher if that's possible.

His strength is D to E.

His range is C or maybe low B.

The other stats I'm not sure.

Until I discover all his abilities let's say that his stamina is A because the drawings don't disappear, at least until now.

He's perfect...

Perfect for drawing a lot of pages for me!

Back in my past life, when people asked "What would you do if you got superpowers?".

I would always think "Keep living my life the same way".

I don't really get the hype of being a hero, antihero, or even villain.

It's really cool to watch, read and fantasize.

But in real life, I would rather just keep doing my own things like I never had them.

It's too much trouble.

"We're partners now, uh..."

He doesn't have a name yet.

Let's see, I should keep the tradition of referencing songs and bands.

I know!

"We're partners now, Doll Parts!"

"Soiya soya!"

I grabbed his little hand and shook it.

"Let's make a lot of money– I mean, a lot of art."

But...

"What will I do with this arrow?"

I picked up the arrow, which somehow had no blood in it, and looked at it closely.

"It really looks exactly like the one from the anime"

From what I remember, if you're pierced by this arrow and survive, you would develop a Stand.

And in some circumstances, when someone or a Stand is pierced again, the Stand could evolve with a new ability.

But if I'm not mistaken there's a possibility that the arrow could reject you and possibly kill you.

This is all speculation but it's better to be safe than sorry so I'm not going to try to pierce myself again.

This is dangerous.

If this gets into the wrong hands, it could be used as a factory for more Stand users.

I don't think I can destroy the tip, at least not with what I have here with me.

Maybe if I throw it at a volcano?

I don't know anyone I could trust with this to guard it in a safe place that absolutely no one would use for the wrong reasons.

So I'm going to hide it here in my house, underneath the floor.

There's already a hidden place for...

Let's say a type of entertainment I don't want anyone to find out.

So I'll hide it under it.

---

Days passed with me and Doll Parts drawing my webcomic and doing commissions.

I tried to not abuse and churn out hundreds of drawings and look like a soulless robot that only knows how to draw.

I gave Doll Parts the repetitive and hardest parts of the process, while I did the rest like always.

This might be my pretentious artistic snobby side speaking but I think the more I do it manually, without his help, there's more soul in it.

I had a lot of fun messing around with his precision.

We did the classic "cutting a leaf in midair" but I could cut it into smaller pieces.

He can draw something ridiculously small and I can see it through his eyes just fine.

Also, I threw little paper balls at my neighbors, hitting small specific parts.

The first time I hurt a person because I couldn't control my speed and left a red mark on their neck.

It's really fun but I feel there's more to this Stand.

It's kind of powerful, depending on the situation, with his speed and precision alone.

But most Stands have one or two abilities outside of their physical ones.

I guess one of them is the shoulder bag he carries.

It has every art supply I can imagine plus a small notepad.

The problem is that I can't pick it up and I'm pretty sure that other people can't see it.

I think I have to figure it out naturally or through a traumatic event or something.

I'm not going out of my way to do hero stuff so maybe I'll never find out.

"I'm pretty tired today so let's laze around and sleep all day, I already have tens of pages ahead of schedule so it should be fine."

"Soiya!"

*Scribble scribble*

Even though I said that he kept doodling on his notepad.

Sometimes it's random ideas that I have and other times is something I saw the day before.

It's kind of strange but I guess he has a level of autonomy and personality that is rare to see in another Stands.

Whatever, let's get some sleep.

13