0. Introduction and Track Listing
691 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the late 1980s… 

I was the last one to pack my suitcase. While my mother, father, and sister were packing, I sat on my bed listening to my Walkman daydeaming about our vacation.  We would be doing a cross-country road trip.  Some beaches, some hiking, some tourist traps.

My mom finally got my attention by calling out that it was time to load the car; so I frantically threw an assortment of T-shirts, shorts, and bathing suits into my suitcase.

I eyed my older sister’s open suitcase. She had fancy bikinis and fun shorts and tops.  I had just T-shirts and jean shorts.  That’s why I waited until the last minute.  I didn’t need to try. Boys' fashion sucked.  I finished packing and zipped up the suitcase.

My sister came by earing pink sunglasses while sucking on a lollipop.  She zipped up her suitcase and took it to the car.

Sigh.  I wish I was carefree like her.

As my dad started loading the suitcases into the family station wagon, I went into our living room and looked for different cassette tapes to bring with me.

I found a mixtape with 'Vacation All I Ever Wanted' written in sharpie on the label. It made me think about what I wanted from my vacation. I wanted to escape this boy life and be a girl. I wanted to be like my sister: free to wear cute clothes, to not have the weight of masculine expectations on my shoulders, to dress like and be myself.

I loaded the tape into my Walkman and joined my family outside.

My dad locked the door, and we all piled into the station wagon.

I put my headphones back on my ears and pressed play.

“Vacation” from The Go-Go’s came on.

I closed my eyes and dreamed again what this vacation would be like if I was allowed to take a real vacation and escape to become my parents' daughter.

Vacation All I Ever Wanted -- A TG Mixtape

Track Listing

Off the Beaten Trail by PunchlinePress

A young man away on a camping trip at a campground with his family meets a young woman who shares his passion for hiking. After hitting it off, the two agree to a date on the trail, and set off on a hike that’ll change the young man’s life forever.

Tags: Magical Gender Change, Male to Female Teen (13-19), Sexuality does not change, Fantasy, Modern, Girls Love, Transgender, same sex couple

 

Verdant Dreams by Undine:

A young drifter returns to a childhood haunt, and finds far more than he expected.

Tags: SH: Genre: Adult/Fantasy/Gender Bender/Girls Love Tags:

 

Sea Breeze by tfes8

Chris is on a cruise ship with his family, but a seemingly lonely vacation is changed. One drink accident and unintentional crossdressing leads to a new friend. 

Tags: Mtf, Crossdressing, College-Age, Transgender. 

CW: Slight Transphobia

 

The Dress by aubbls

On the tenth year of a friend’s annual trip to Southwest Michigan, two friends explore their feelings for one another.  An encounter with a dress throws an interesting wrench into the works.

Tags: Magical Gender Change, Male to Female Adult 27-62, Sexuality does not change

 

What You Needed by Lily_Rasputin:

Terry plans to use the holiday weekend to be her true self in private. Fortunately, her sister has something better planned.

Tags: Magical Gender Change, Male to Female Teen (13-19 yrs), Sexuality does not change.  CW: (if any) suicidal thoughts

 

Tolerance Break by danifish879:

Upon returning home for the summer, studious stoner Connor finds himself at the Friday Farmers Market. A mysterious vendor is offering a herbal remedy that promises to aid him in his vacation from smoking. Connor could use some help curbing his weed withdrawal but these patches he purchased seem to have some unintended side effects…

Tags: Magical Gender Change, Male to Female (Young Adult), Turned Into Teenager, Accident, Sexual Orientation Does Not Change, Coming of Age, Age Regression, Slow Gradual Change, Stuck

CW: Drugs, Transphobia

13