Chapter 2 – Arianne
353 11 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What the fuck did I just say?

My lips moved on their own. Something so shocking that I was momentarily stunned before—

"—Aargh!"

I felt my head was gonna explode.

It was like an electric shock, a wringing headache and I almost fainted when once again.

"ᛈᛚᛠᛋᛖ ᛞᚩᚾ×ᛏ ᚷᚩ!"

And once again, 

"Shit!" 

More headaches.

I really felt like I was gonna faint before the headache finally stops.

Why did it stop?

Well...

"Hello Mr. Kim. Please don't go!"

That unknown language that I just had spoken of, I was able to understand that language. No, it might be better to say that language I was able to translate in my head without even able to understand it.

Just...what is happening?

"W-who are you?"

....

Silence. Absolute silence.

I feel like I'm going crazy.

Thankfully though,

"ᚪᚱᛡᚾᚾᛖ."

My mouth moved and confirmed that I wasn't going insane after all.

Even more good news, the pain wasn't as severe as it was the first time and I was able to barely tolerate it.

This time though there was only one word.

"Arianne."

...Arianne.

"Your name?"

I told to no one around me.

There's another moment of silence this time before she answered.

"ᛁᛖᛋ."

Meaning,

"Yes."

The pain was lesser this time.

Arianne huh. I thought to myself as I look around me and realized that, so I'm in this girl's body...

The long hair, frail body and finally after all this time I realized I don't have a dick, I'm not in my own body anymore. Meaning, 

"I'm dead."

The realization took a while to sink in, as my feelings about my successful death is very...

Bland.

"Why don't I feel any strong emotions about this?"

This whole situation is just so bizarre to me but I feel nothing. All I could feel is a deep lingering resentment of my past life and a sense of longing for my children and to a lesser extent my wife.

Muttering to myself, "I guess this is what it feels like to have a clean slate."

I realized just now that any lingering feelings to my past life is useless as they have no use in this new life.

I guess it's time to forget. I thought to myself, mentally sealing all of my feelings towards my past.

Now that that's over with, it's time to return to the situation at hand.

"Sorry Arianne. I just needed some time to compose myself." I told her.

And once again, there was silence between her replies.

It seems like just as there was trouble for me understanding her language it's the same with her.

And also, there was another realization.

"ᛏᚻᚪᛏ×ᛋ ᚪᛚᚱᛁᚷᚻᛏ, ᛁᛏ×ᛋ ᚪᛚᛋᚩ ᚠᛖᚱᛁ ᛋᛏᚱᚪᛝᛖ ᚩᚾ ᛘᛁ ᛖᚾᛞ ᚪᛋ ᚹᛖᛚᛚ."

Pain.

"—Aargh!"

A very painful headache hit my head. A very painful realization at that.

"ᛋᚩᚱᚱᛁ!"

Even I could understand she that meant.

"Please, don't apologize and don't speak too much. It seems that translating the words your saying into my head is painful to me."

In general, the more words said the painful the headache becomes.

Here's what Arianne said, "That's alright, it's also very strange on my end as well."

"It hurts. This really damn hurts. Cough!"

Not only was my head hurting but also everywhere as well, my body feels as weak as a twig and it's also troublesome to breathe as well.

Also, 

~grumble

I'm really damn hungry as well.

With everything that's happening right now I couldn't help but blurt out. 

"How did I end up in this body in the first place."

Shit!

I realized my mistake, "It isn't your fault—" I was about to apologize but she responded quickly.

"ᛁ ᛚᚩᛋᛏ ᛘᛁ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᛏᚩ ᛚᛁᚠᛖ."

Meaning...

"I lost my will to live."

...

She continued.

"ᛁ ᛞᛁᛞᚾ×ᛏ ᚹᚪᚾᛏ ᛏᚩ ᚳᚩᚾᛏᛁᚾᚢᛖ ᛘᛁ ᛚᛁᚠᛖ ᛏᚩ ᛒᛖ ᛋᚩ ᚹᛠᚳ ᚪᚾᛞ ᚻᛖᛚᛈᛚᛖᛋᛋ, ᛋᚩ ᛁ ᚹᛁᛋᚻᛖᛞ ᚪᚾᛞ ᚹᛁᛋᚻᛖᛞ ᚦᚪᛏ ᚦᛖ ᚹᛠᚳ ᚹᛁᛚᛚᛖᛞ ᛘᛖ ᚹᚪᛋ ᛋᚩᛘᛖᛒᚩᛞᛁ ᚹᚻᚩ×ᛋ ᛋᛏᚱᚩᛝ, ᛞᛖᛏᛖᚱᛘᛁᚾᛖᛞ ᚪᚾᛞ ᚻᚪᛞ ᛋᛏᚱᚩᛝ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᛒᛖᚠᚩᚱᛖ ᛘᛁ ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚪᛚ ᛋᛚᛖᛖᛈ ᚪᚾᛞ ᚦᛖᚾ, ᛁᚩᚢ ᚳᚪᛘᛖ."

Crap...

I suppressed the pain with all my might so that I could understand what she meant because this conversation is particularly important. Now what she said.

"I didn't want to continue my life to be so weak and helpless, so I wished and wished that the weak willed me was somebody who's strong, determined and had strong will before my eternal sleep and then, you came."

Another moment of silence.

"I see, urgh." Holding my forehead I put together my thoughts about this whole thing.

Yes, you could say that I had a strong will, in fact I could boast about having the strongest of wills to have a rags to riches story like mine but—I killed myself.

Isn't that the ultimate form of being weak willed?

Those were my thoughts. But I could not share it to this little girl so I didn't say it out loud

"It seems like you summoned me then."

She answered quickly, "ᛁ ᛞᛁᛞᚾ×ᛏ ᛘᛠᚾ ᛏᚩ ᛒᚢᛏ ᛁᛖᛋ." Meaning. 

"I didn't mean to but yes."

I continued with our conversation, as painful as it is I needed to know more.

"Then why are you still here?" I asked, "ᛁ ᛞᚩᚾ×ᛏ ᚳᚾᚩᚹ." Meaning. 

"I don't know."

There's all sorts of theories in my head but that's for another time. There is one thing abundantly clear.

Something even more important then the reason I came here, that grumble earlier.

I'm hungry, I'm really really hungry.

I also realized to my horror that if she died just now and there weren't any instruments she used from what I can see, it means that—

"This body is on the verge of death!" I blurted out.

Before Arianne could say anything, "How can I quickly get food, quickly! Cough!" 

Even if my throat also hurts I needed to know the answer very quickly.

I also noticed from this bed and the drapes around it, it seems like I'm in a fairly well to-do household.

"ᛏᚩ ᛁᚩᚢᚱ ᛚᛖᚠᛏ ᛁᛋ ᚪ ᛒᛖᛚᛚ, ᛄᚢᛋᛏ ᚱᛁᛝ ᛁᛏ ᚪᚾᛞ ᛘᛁᛋᛏᛖᚱ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚳᚩᛘᛖ ᚪᚾᛞ ᛁᚩᚢ ᚳᚪᚾ ᚪᛋᚳ ᚦᛖᛘ ᚪᚾᛁᚦᛁᛝ."

I'm honestly reaching my limit.

"To your left is a bell, just ring it and mister will come and you can ask them anything." Is what she meant.

I turn around and lo and behold ther is a bell, even something as simple as grabbing a bell was a struggle as there was an aching pain throughout my body.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I rung it before dropping the bell beside me, with no strength left whatsoever and me falling into unconsciousness.

Everything that you do in this body is tiresome. I thought to myself.

Even if it is just a little bit, I could understand why Arianne lost her will to live in a body like this.

But.

"I'll never give up on you Arianne."

While I was not afraid of dying itself, the idea to live your current life is still terrifying. Which is why even if the physical start is horrible, just the fact that I can live again and not be in that lonely void is something I'll be forever grateful for.

And her response?

"ᛏᚻᚪᚾᚳ ᛁᚩᚢ, ᚦᛁᚾᚳ ᛁᚩᚢ ᛋᚩ ᛘᚢᚳᚻ."

Which means simply.

"Thank you, think you so much."

•••

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Hm? That's rare, Lady Arianne using the bell?" A man with the scent of various herbs said in surprise.

"You were really concerned about her this past week aren't you?" A man in a robe said in response.

"Weren't you the only one monitoring the Lady this past few days as well?" The scented man said in protest.

"Well, we should go now don't we?" The robed man said in glee.

"Of course! I was really concerned with her health. If my check up on her shows up worst this time around I would have no choice but to make her sleep with a spell and forcefully have her eat you know?" The scented man said in distress.

"Well, I could I'll help you when we cross that bridge." The robed man said in a more serious tone.

"Well let's hurry it up then. You know the Lady is in a very precarious position right now right?" The scented man then speed up his walk.

"... I'm feeling a very fateful event is coming." The robed man's blood feels tingly for some reason as he also quickens his walk as well.

Hey guys, new chapter! I gotta ask what's your opinion on this? I know this is out of convenience but I really do find it weird that the MC could immediately understand what the inhabitants of that world are saying, so I put some kind of logic in this story. Also I'm really excited to write about Arianne who as you can is is quite fragile and stuff, instead of being op from the start. But yeah I hope you guys enjoy this chapter arigatou! :D :D :D

14