Chapter 7- Biscuits Before Blood
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Biscuits Before Blood

 

Red wine swished slowly in the glass held by the beast . He raised it to his lips , took a gentle sniff then lowered his jaw to the glass. After a light sip he lowered it on the table. Each action , with the grace of the highest of nobles . 

Then the beast burped.

“Smells like a right Winnie doesn’t it young masta. “

Nina lay fully relaxed with her legs crossed atop the table and her back pressed against the leather booth. Her red hair splayed messily as she reclined . 

Busy Nina , Zabu spoke back his hands in motion. 

“Young masta ………. You’ve been doing that for a while now . “ Nina said with a bit of weariness.

“……..Gross. “ The scarily armed girl armed with daggers commented.

“Be quiet Noisy Nina. “

“You too Crazy Girl. “

“That’s not very nice young masta. “

“Who are you calling Crazy?! “

Zabu ignored them . 

“I’m trying to enjoy this” And with a face of concentration continued . His hand went left, then went right. Fascinating, Zabu thought.

And so Zabu continued petting the beast.

With a slight huff the beast looked to his left shoulder where Zabu sat , his fingers engulfed in fur and his face satisfied. 

The beast tilted his head. “You are a strange creature boy. “ Then shook his head and went for the other wine that was placed in front of him. 

“Tuftttttt”  Tiara whined . “Don’t let him play in your fur.”

The large blue beast, Tuft, looked away from his wine to the girl , with a thoughtful grunt . 

“Why ? “ His heavy voice asked . 

“Cuz “she said fidgeting with her blades . 

“He’s a blue blood. “

Zabu stopped petting the beast. He looked down from his seat seven feet in the air and thought about it. 

His blood wasn’t blue . 

He didn’t think so, He amended tilting his head. He had never seen it so he couldn’t be sure . 

The large beast frowned at the girl. 

“The blue blood has bought us meats and drink Tiara . “His eyes shown seriously through his swaying braids . 

“Show your manners . “

Then the beast belched again . 

Around this time the young Zabu decided he had enough fur , jumping and landing squarely upon the ground. The boy then waltzed unto the leather booth next to Nina , joining her in her lean, his feet clinking heavily onto the table. 

Zabu tilted his head once he was comfortable, so  

“What’s it like to fight to the death?”

The beast burped again then frowned. 

“That’s bad manners boy. 

Asking about matters like that . “

Then the boy frowned . 

“How should I ask? “

Then The beast frowned . He tilted his head , his braids following him to the left and then to the right. 

He was stumped . 

“I think it’s fun!”

The girl stepped her foot onto the table and zipped across the tables edge lightly . Toes placed squarely on the edge, she back flipped to where she started.

The table barely shook. 

The girl grinned . 

“It’s good practice!! “

One day, she said throwing up her dagger .  “I’m going to be a acrobat.” As the dagger flipped through the air she stood stock still . 

Shlik. 

The dagger landed snugly in the belt.

“Hoooaaaaaa. “ Zabu said impressed. “She can do tricks Nina”, he exclaimed.

The boy’s eyes were wide as he stared at the girl in awe. The girl stood there for a while holding her pose before she got embarrassed, jumped down , and fell beneath the beast for cover. 

She poked her head out , “stop looking at me . “

Zabu did . He turned to Tuft the beast , then back to Tiara the gladiator girl who wanted to be an acrobat . 

A smile grew on his face.  

“I like you guys. “

We should be friends. “

Then the boy smiled jovially . 

The two were taken back . 

Tuft tossed a glance to Tiara who shifted uncomfortably. 

Tuft opened his mouth to say something. 

Pftttt!!!!!

Hahahaghaagh. A man choked on his wine 

 as he finished his laughter . 

All at the table stopped to look up at the noise. 

A lord calling gladiator slaves friends . 

What a joke. 

Pftttt!!!!! 

Hahahahaha!!!! 

Thier laughs echoed through the quiet restaurant. 

Nina’s eyes narrowed. 

This wasn’t good , not one bit, any second now , and her eyes fell unto the young lord. 

Shit she thought. 

He was already on the table . And she couldn’t well tell a young lord to get off the table. 

Ay you! Zabu pointed his finger at the men threateningly . 

“Who are you to laugh at my friends?”

The blonde ruffian looked to his comrade the brown haired ruffian and laughed . 

Who are we? 

Little lord , ya best hold your britches , your talking to the adventure duo, 

Then the two men stood back to back, hands on thier blades , and posed . 

“The Gavenchi brothers!”

Good. Zabu said . Now that I know your names we can duel. 

What, one of the brothers said questioningly. 

Then the beam hit him. 

0