Information For Public Disclosure: Solaris
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weapon Type: Melee/ Blade

Weapon Style: Pocket Sword

Hilt length: 20 cm

Blade Length: Varies ~15-110 cm

Abilities: Can retract, Incredible “Energy Focus” results in clean, glazed cuts to any material.

 

Solaris is the Centauri family blade, passed down by Seven’s great-grandfather all the way to him. She is a Pocket Sword- A retractable style of blade developed in the beginning of the Second Millenium. Pocket Swords are named thus due to their ability to reduce to only their hilts, making them convenient and easy for personal protection. Though civilians are banned from possessing them in any of Neutra’s three planet nations without certain licenses, Pocket Swords still find prominent use in certified tourney’s, events, and recreational organizations. They are particularly popular amongst the HNMA crowd; Their “near historical accuracy” to ancient longswords when brought to full extension making them a cheaper alternative to official ones.

 

Pocket Swords operate only in the hands of Neutranites, as it is only a Neutranite’s blood that can power them. Due to the species’ “Energized Blood”- a blood that carries an incredible energy potential and boasts a dynamic chemical composition, the blade was made to only function by utilizing a Neutranite’s natural properties.

 

It does this by conducting the energy radiated from a Neutranite’s palms- a skill that can be learned as early as six years of age, into mechanisms within the hilt. This small amount of energy is then focused and magnified using similar particle manipulations as the QL-Engine, allowing for a greater output of power than what was put in. Focussing this stream of energy into a molded field, a blade of dense reactant is created. This blade's composition and incredible energy output makes slicing and dicing a breeze; Its limit, only that of its wielder’s strength. 

 

The more energy that is poured into the blade, the farther it can extend. Conversely, the less energy that is inputted, the smaller the blade. This makes Pocket Swords versatile as weapons ranging from daggers to longswords. It should be noted that while the sky seems the limit for a Pocket Swords length potential, an inverse consequence of expansion is an increasingly fragile and tougher-to-wield blade. Very few who professionally wield the weapon ever go above 110 cm simply out of practicality.

 

Solaris herself has been recorded to extend upwards of 160 cm when in the hands of the now retired Marlon Centauri, bringing her to near greatsword status. In the hands of her current wielder, Seven, Solaris’s blade has never breached more than 90 cm. According to her user, “It just feels better this way.”

 

Fun Fact:

Though Seven cherishes the sword like nothing else, its identity as a gift comes with soured history. Seven has lamented on only one known occasion that, quote: “My father originally wanted to give the blade to my brother. However, my brother had already developed a preference for sabers by that time. I was just his second choice, you see…” 

0