CHAPTER 7 – Saik, a strange boy.
59 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 7 - Saik, a Strange Boy.

(Pov- Ram.)

That boy named "Saik," he's an extremely strange and mysterious boy. I could tell his nature just by looking at him.

He's a loner. He reminds me of my past self, although saying that considering my current self doesn't make much sense. Anyway.

What kind of life does he have? To be honest, I'm a bit interested. He's the only boy who caught my attention on the first day of classes.

He refused to give the welcome speech, despite being the top first-year student.

His presentation was brief, giving the impression that he's not interested in socializing or getting to know us.

And when the teacher asked him something, he simply replied, "I'm sorry, I don't know."

I'm doubting his intelligence... Or... Maybe... I think he just doesn't like to draw attention... No, that's not it. If he didn't want attention, he'd style his hair.

His hairstyle is unusual... You can hardly see his eyes.

He's the strangest in my class. I'm interested in knowing more about him.

A challenging puzzle is always welcome, but this time, there's a challenge where I can't find logical sense in his actions.

Saik, you're truly a strange boy.

"Trying to understand him will take time."

It's the first time in a long while that I'm not the best in the class, and that makes me feel quite odd. I feel out of place.

Could Saik have really cheated on the entrance exam somehow, or is he truly just lazy, avoiding answering questions?

But seriously, could a lazy boy have managed to outdo me?

I'm understanding Saik less and less.

Let's see, the only thing I know about him so far is that he's lazy, prefers to keep away from others, a boy who detests socializing, or maybe he just feels more comfortable being alone. And his hair reflects that he doesn't care about what others think of him. It's either that or he actually wants attention.

No... I refuse to believe that someone as intelligent as him would behave in such a childish way. Seriously, does he cover his face with his hair to seek attention? I refuse to believe that's true because if it turns out to be true, it would mean I was defeated by someone so ridiculous.

My mind keeps trying to decipher his behavior, but I simply can't believe that he's actually surpassed me.

Do natural geniuses truly exist? Those who memorize something just by reading it once. Could Saik be one of them?

If so...

"It will be more interesting."

I don't know if I'll be able to surpass a natural genius like Saik, but I'll try. I firmly believe that, with effort, anyone can achieve great things. Effort prevails over natural talent, or at least that's my way of seeing things.

"Mother, father, I told you. This school is perfect for me."

Here, I've finally found someone I can call a "rival." I'll prove to them that with effort, I can achieve anything.

"Even without having the talent."

(Pov- Saik.)

I opened my lunch and began to eat.

Being on the rooftop is peaceful. It's prohibited, but no one respects that rule. No one ever respects it. It's the same in every school. Lock they put on, lock they destroy.

The rooftop is my second favorite spot. It would be the first, but since it's somewhat popular among the students, most of the time there are people here.

Luckily, I'm alone. I guess I'm the only loner who eats alone on the first day of school. I mean, after all, even loners will try to make friends. I think I'm the only loner who actually enjoys being a loner.

It's the first day of school. Everyone's concerned about making friends.

I don't have to worry; I already have a friend.

"Delicious! I'll never get tired of your cooking! Saik, marry me and give me food for the rest of your life!"

"No."

I've done terrible things in my life, but I would never do something as terrible as marrying a 10-year-old girl. My parents would never forgive me.

"Eh?! Did I just get rejected immediately?! You broke my heart!"

"Do you want some of my chocolate drink?"

"Sure!"

She started drinking. How quickly she forgot her anger.

Though she was joking. I won't fall for her pranks. I'm not a lolicon... Is that what they call pedophiles? I've heard that word a few times, but I'm not accustomed to today's society slang.

And I'm not interested in romance either. It's a waste of time and money.

"Delicious!"

She handed me the drink... And it's empty. Well, I won't complain; I have another one anyway. That's why I always buy many, as I'm fully aware of Yuki's voracious appetite. I don't blame her, because I'm the same way. Two peas in a pod, like the siblings we are.

"Thanks, Saik!"

"... You're welcome."

"Fufu. What was that little silence? Did you get nervous over our indirect kiss?!"

Indirect kiss? Ah, I see, I know that. Nonsense.

She licked her lips and approached me, quite flirtatious, although she just wants to tease me. But I admit that it's somewhat uncomfortable, considering that Yuki is 10 years old. For her to behave in such an indecent manner is very uncomfortable, and even illegal to witness... Yuki's mother... Ah, I hope she hasn't taught Yuki anything strange. If she has, I'll have to educate her to be a more pure and innocent young lady. Well, only if she wants to. It's her life, and if she enjoys being that way, then I can't do anything about it; I'll respect her decision.

"Well, well. Are you getting nervous over something like that? How adorable you are, Saik. Do you want a direct kiss?"

She blew me a kiss while winking... Yes, this is strange.

"Actually, I don't mind sharing my drink with people. Indirect kisses are absurd. Only idiots would get nervous over something like that. And I was silent because you had chocolate on your lips, making you look like an adorable little girl. I was about to pat your head."

"Y-You're doing it!"

"... Ah."

It's true, I'm patting her head.

"You're so adorable that I didn't realize. What sinister power."

"Don't call me sinister!"

She pouted, and I couldn't help pinching her cheek. What an adorable little sister I have.

"Uwaaaah! It hurts!"

"Ah, I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Here."

I offered her another chocolate drink, and she snatched it from me.

"Next time, pinch my cheeks more gently! Hmmmmh!" - she said angrily, pouting at the end.

Ah, I see. Does that mean I have permission to pinch her cheeks, but with affection? Lucky me, huh?

Ah... Yes, I think I definitely feel more comfortable with ghosts than with humans.

I looked at the students socializing with their friends, and a few who were just using their phones instead of interacting in real life.

I'll never be like them, even if I try. I don't feel comfortable talking to living humans.

And I never understood the whole social media thing or smartphone stuff. I always stayed away from that and only used my phone to search for information and messaging apps.

They all seem like zombies, staring at their phones, entranced. If it's for a mobile game or searching for information on the Internet, that's fine, but if they use them just because, because they can't live without the attention they don't get in real life or just to see nonsense, that's wrong. They should use that time for something else.

Ah, that's why I'll never understand living humans. They're so different from me.

"Saik, are you gay?"

"What an unexpected question."

"It's just a doubt, my dear helmet-haired friend. Not just anyone can withstand my feminine charms. You didn't even stutter. My feminine dignity is shattered!"

"Or, well, I don't know. Maybe I'm just, you know, not a pedophile."

"Isn't that an excuse to avoid the question?"

"Well... I don't know. I don't like either men or women. I'll let life decide for me."

"Mmm. Sounds suspicious."

Yes, I know, but... huh?

That over there is...

"Noooooooooo!!" - a female ghost screamed in the distance, her spiritual body exploding in the air.

The poor area... Someone with the power to see ghosts is in the city.

"A woman screamed? Did you hear that, Saik?"

"Ah, Yuki, let me tell you that you were very lucky that I found you first."

"What do you mean? And why do I feel like I'm about to hear something disturbing?"

"You know I'm not the only one with the gift of seeing ghosts. There are others in the world. I met one in the past, from a distance, never spoke to him. And you know what I saw when I went to his house to spy on him? You know, to see if I could trust him and get his help, as he seemed very friendly with ghosts, as he was surrounded by female ghosts."

"What did you see?"

"Him, raping a ghost."

"R-raping?!"

I patted Yuki's cheeks.

"Look, I can touch you as if you were alive, and I guess you know what that means. The rest of the body is the same, without exception."

"W-why are you telling me all this?"

"The woman who screamed was a female ghost. I saw her spiritual body explode."

"It e-exploded?!"

"And she was naked. The perfect crime. Raping and taking advantage of defenseless ghosts. Someone with my power can control any ghost and force them to do whatever they want. Surely that person got tired of that ghost and that's why they destroyed it."

"S-so they destroyed her just because they got tired of her? T-that's so... disgusting... Disgusting..."

Huh? Yuki's body is trembling too much, filled with terror.

Is Yuki so sensitive to these kinds of topics?

"Hey, Yuki..."

I tried to pat her head to calm her down, but she hit my hand.

"Don't touch me...! N-no! I-I'm sorry, it's just that..."

"Erasing memories."

It's trauma. Possibly because she found out that her mother is a criminal. I must keep her away from those kinds of things for the sake of her mental health.

... Done.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're gay. Don't play innocent with me."

"I'm not."

"Fufu. You're still in the denial stage, huh?"

I patted her head.

"I'll always be with you, Yuki. Nothing bad will happen to you with me around."

"Uwaaaah! Why are you saying such embarrassing things out of nowhere?! Are you confessing to me?!"

"No, I just wanted you to know. Your good big brother will always protect you."

"D-don't act all cool out of nowhere!"

I can erase her memories thanks to my power over her, but there's a limit. I must keep her away from these kinds of topics.

Don't worry, Yuki, I'll always keep you safe.

There's a man or woman exploding ghosts in the city. Oh, damn.

I just have to... huh?

The door to the rooftop opened, and I immediately withdrew my hand, pretending to eat alone.

"Eh? - the person who entered said, probably thinking there wouldn't be anyone."

I won't look and will just keep eating alone. I won't pay attention. They'll likely get uncomfortable and leave.

... I hear footsteps. Oh, goodbye, tranquility. Please don't talk to me.

... They continued on their way, ignoring me. Perfect.

I don't know if you're a man or a woman, but thank you. You ruined my lunch alone with Yuki, but at least you have the decency not to talk to me.

"She's a cute girl and wears glasses. Isn't she your type, Saik? And look at her breasts, they're so big! Go and talk to her, cold guy!"

I won't talk to her for now... or ever. I'd rather avoid being called crazy again.

My phone vibrated.

A notification came to my phone, and I took it out.

"Mmmh... It's available now. Perfect."

I opened the game "Legends of Sakfor." It's a game where you're an adventurer who must complete various missions to rank up. It's a very popular online game. It's one of my favorites due to its difficulty, mechanics, different ways to play, as well as its open world and the variety of characters, each with different techniques and stories.

I already unlocked the level 89 sword. I can finally slay demons. I've finally reached the demon territory, the best part of the game.

I have to pass this level.

Break time ended, and I got up.

Ah, I wanted to keep playing.

I stored my phone and left... or at least, I tried to.

As I was about to leave, someone spoke to me.

"E-excuse me."

I stopped and turned to see the girl behind me.

"Y-you forgot your food."

Ah, right. I forgot to finish eating. No wonder I'm hungry. I got too distracted with the game.

"Look how nervous she is, Saik. I don't think that's normal behavior."

... She's fidgeting with her fingers in a strange way and avoiding eye contact. She's playing with her fingers to calm herself. Yes, I see.

"Thank you, miss."

I took the food and left the rooftop without saying anything else.

"How adorable she is! And her body is so enviable. I give her an 8 out of 10. She's too shy; that stops being cute when it's too, too shy. It was a good decision not to say anything else."

That's right, Yuki. Her tone of voice was strange. She was making an effort to speak and moving her fingers too much. She also avoided looking at me. She's very shy. I'll only make her uncomfortable if I try to talk to her... Plus, I'm not interested in talking to her.

Although I must admit that it's strange to see a shy and cute girl, and that does pique my curiosity a bit. Usually, the shy girls I've met are overweight, ugly, or have some kind of disability that makes them think they're inferior to others. Her breasts are big, and her short black hair is cute. She's pretty. Why is she so shy...? I can think of several theories, but, as I said before, I'm not interested in talking to her or being her friend. I don't care how painful her life is or what problems she has; it's her life, she can solve them on her own. I don't care at all.

"Why do I have a feeling you're thinking something cruel?" - Yuki said while on my shoulders, pinching my cheeks.

Why should I care about someone I don't know? It doesn't make sense.

8