Sweet Scent
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perhaps it is her?

Or was it just a craving that won’t last for long... and tasted?

********************************************

My brother is yet again busy organizing a busy party for such an irking reason.

Their so-called fifth wedding anniversary.

And I don’t get why he has to always do it at our house when they have their very own spacious mansions. Shinera is definitely not poor, and my brother has his own luxury, apart from my parents. Actually... I do have an idea why he is always celebrating it in our ancestral house but I don’t think he’ll waste years just to razz how lonely I am.

Unless he is a retard.

Well, isn’t he?

“Would that be all, sir?” asked the supplier, whose back is full of well-behaved employees.

I gazed at the only female in their group and she froze in place. She is familiar.

Isn’t she that asshole’s love interest?

I raked her employee uniform and the way she is pretentiously acting as if a confident woman on our territory. So Trevor dreads for redhead girls, huh...

“Yes, and also... tell your servers the meat should be always our type of fresh, but for her make sure it is cooked well done,”

I watched him take note of it on his iPad. “Noted, Mr. Ravigne. Anything else, sir?”

“Hmmm... that’s all for now. Make sure to answer your phones at my call in case I had to follow up some more,”

He nodded at my brother before they left.

I am narrowing my eyes at the girl when I caught Ahmeir’s nosy stare in my peripheral.

“Don’t tell me you have a fetish for a servant?”

“Now that you said that, I suddenly wanted a low-profile one,”

He snorted. “The last time you are as interested as that, you ruined mom’s favorite dining resto. You are lucky you are the favorite,”

“Says someone who ruined hectares of place and thousands of vampires, and was supported by his parents,”

He flashed me a devil grin.

“What can I do? They are fond of my wife. Why will they not back me up in that? So if I were you, have someone that knows so well how to connect with our wicked kind of parents. It would all be easy by then,”

“Tss. What’s the fun in easy?” I derided as I fold my long sleeves to the elbow.

“That’s what you are saying because you have not yet understood how difficult a sole woman is.” he stared in front of our garden. “Things will come at you soon. And you might chew those acid words to your mouth until you beg you never spoke it carelessly like that,”

Years have passed and I can’t believe he will be the one spewing me these. I remained muted as I assess the overall change he has gone through. Something I and him never saw coming.

“Anyway make sure to invite your friends and girl... friends...” he started again, placing his foot over another vacant chair after the organizers leave.

I kicked it off the white chair. “Tss. Go home, who said we want you here? And aren’t you supposed to be only busy with your wife? You have so much time for me... ”

“Well apparently, this muted house loves echoing my voice. Shinera is obviously not here. And you have always been available for time immemorial so yes... I’d love to be busy at you for now,”

“Your kind of wasting time is bland,” I stated.

Immediately he gave me such a meaningful smirk, and right there and then we ran away from our mansion for our own kind of fun.

We stop after a miles run. With despicable grins on our lips, we lunged at each other, flexing our muscles as we did a yet again chaotic brotherly brawl.

His fangs set out in the middle of the heated fight while I remained darkly lording at him.

I motioned him to come by moving my two fingers and he vilely obliged. He was in the middle of our distance when I snappily sprinted in the middle of his speed and grasped him with one hand.

I carried him up under the full moon and forcedly threw him on the largest old three in the forest we are owning as our battlefield just now. The impact damaged the three harshly but in a split of seconds, Ahmeir, in his black formal suit and tie, is again in front of me, very ready to strike back.

He raised his fist and because the moron is that powerful and I wasted just a second to dodge because of a sweet scent, his fist was placed on my jaw.

I wasn’t thrown into the air unlike him, but my feet dig on the land as I brashly slide my way. I barely wiped the blood on my lips while he smirked victoriously at me.

“I win,” he declared, nearing me.

“Not really,” I countered back, seeing him crane his neck.

His eyes turned black and I am again reminded of my dad’s eyes. He inherited it from him.

His eyes stays black when he is in his normal mood and it only turns amber when he is excited or engrossed in something.

Mine is ocean blue in usual situations but they turn real dark red when something strong and irrevocable is feeding me up.

“Of course, when will our kind accept defeat? We never lose.” he arrogantly announced to the whole of our forest, which is now a mess and scoured. Marked by the Ferros.

We are the viscous children of the infamous Laurent Ravigne and Stanley Ravigne. And in the bloodsuckers’ world, we are deemed to be the most threatening.

We stand high. Screaming versatility and prowess among anyone.

We are untouchable.

And we... are the uncontrollable kind.

I glided my palm on my dark grey long sleeves with a playboy maroon shirt as my inner, to fix a bit of crumple in it. He shakes his head at my behavior.

Unlike him, I wanted everything to be properly fixed or organized. Not like him, who always throws this and that anywhere, at any time.

“I wonder how you will be on your mate.” he taunted, mocking me about the legendary mate thing again. “Will you growl at her because she disorganized your things? Will you kill her for it like how you almost killed me because I placed your dear tumbler of blood in the bathroom?”

“I haven’t met her yet,” I said to inform him for he was long gone.

“You’re old.” he spat back.

“You are older than me when you fucking met your Shinera.”

His eyes turned amber at the mention of her mate’s name.

“About that, I suddenly want to go home,” he said and he immediately ran back to the mansion leaving me here alone.

Lovesick motherfucker.

I wonder if Shinera is not fed up with him because I was so fed up.

Unlike him, I, who has no one to see at home, wandered on the empty forest as I think of more things.

Mate.

I haven’t met her yet.

I thought of meeting her too but I felt like it was too boring to do an effort to find her. I’d rather stay single for decades rather than explore the whole world to just see a single woman.

In fact, there’s a lot of women in the world, how different can she be?

Perhaps different because of their said ‘fated bond’?

What a cliche.

In the midst of insulting them in silence for their beliefs, a forceful strength caused me to firmly close my eyes as I reach the side of an unfamiliar road.

I stopped on my track when a sweet smell of human blood lingered again in the air. Something addicting, something that made me get my fangs out. And something that had me unstable.

Sweet and pure. Hmmm.

Moving to the darker side of the forest, I saw a woman with such a long dark coffee-brown hair with a puppy in her hold. The light on the street glistened her whole, making me see her fit figure and her small and diamond innocent doll face on illumination.

Her plump thin lips are flushed pink. Her long and curly thick eyelashes. Her soft creamy medium-tone skin. Her long and firm legs on those denim shorts I suddenly wanted to get rid off. And her beautiful olive meshed with grey orbs…making me almost remove myself in the dark and appear in front of her, just to stare more of it... and be seen by it.

“Where’s your momma? And why are you alone on the road, it is cold outside...” her clear and blameless voice lingered in my ears even if I am a bit far in her position.

The puppy cried on her hold. I saw her soothe it by raking her palms on its head. In her embrace, the little light brown one calmed a bit on its wails. She then walked nearer to where I think she found the puppy and after a while of searching with her phone’s flashlight, she turned her back on me, entering a not so high white gate for me.

“I guess I will be your momma?” she said, chuckling softly at her nonsense.

I closed my eyes, feeling them shade deeper. I wanted to get nearer her to reek her scent directly at her neck. Smell it skin to skin.

How can one offer me such splendid aroma and alluring face, at once...

At the same time, she closed their front door, I am in front of the gate.

0