Chapter 220: The Formidable Opponent of the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard
133 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the draw, Shu Han stood on the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard platform, watching as the intricately carved red jade Heavenly Fire Leaderboard melted away its current ranking. What appeared in its place were group listings. Shu Han eyed the names under Group 7 and spotted a glaring name.

Meng Shuran!

He frowned, "Is the beauty with the Bewitching Body competing in the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard?"

Seeing this, Wei Haolong looked envious and said, "Lucky you! You get to face the Bewitching Body beauty. Given your fighting style, it's likely to be close combat! Getting into close combat with her is the envy of many."

Shu Han felt his scalp tingling, "Why do your words sound so twisted? Instead of worrying about my matches, you should focus on your group stage!"

Wei Haolong sighed deeply, "There are no strong contenders in my Group 8. I should have no issues advancing as the top contender. However, I'm not looking forward to facing you in the advancement round."

"Don't expect me to hold back!"

Wei Haolong replied, "I wouldn't even dream of it. The Heavenly Fire Leaderboard is always overseen by elders, and with my father among them, no one would dare to play any tricks." Saying this, Shu Han noticed the evident worry on Wei Haolong's face and tried to comfort him, "Even if you can't beat me, showing your true strength should suffice. Your father shouldn't mind."

Wei Haolong said, "Easy for you to say. Only if I reach the Core Formation level would he not mind. I've been stuck in the late Foundation Establishment phase for years. He's been displeased with me for a long time. At least previously, I had rankings to save some face. Now… sigh…"

Seeing Wei Haolong's distressed expression, Shu Han struggled to find the right words, as he couldn't truly understand Wei's inner turmoil.

"Old Wei, regardless of whether others recognize it or have opinions, ultimately, one lives in their own world. As long as you respect yourself, don't focus too much on others' views, even if that person is your father."

Wei Haolong stayed silent for a while, then playfully punched Shu Han, "Easy for you to say! Better worry about yourself. You have a formidable opponent in your group."

"A formidable opponent?"

Wei Haolong said, "Look at the name in the fourth column."

Shu Han murmured, "Han Su... Is he that strong?"

"The second-ranked contender on the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard, only surpassed by Song Changyi in the previous edition."

What?!

Shu Han's heart skipped a beat, "Why haven't I heard you or Brother Song mention him before?"

Wei Haolong laughed heartily, seeing the concern on Shu Han's face. "Worried, aren't you? It's not that we intentionally avoided mentioning him. This guy tends to keep a low profile, focusing solely on his cultivation. Few in the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect have dealt with him. But let me tell you, he's a force to be reckoned with. Two hundred years ago, he started from the Earthfire Leaderboard and fought his way to the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard. The Sect Leader took notice and accepted him as a personal disciple. His treatment in the sect is no less than that of Song Changyi! If not for Song Changyi overshadowing him, there's a chance the Sect Leader might have chosen him as the successor!"

Shu Han stroked his chin, deep in thought about Han Su, and asked, "How does he compare to Song Changyi? By how much does he lag?"

Wei Haolong pondered, "It's hard to say. Both of them were personally mentored by the Sect Leader, and their combat techniques are incredibly similar. Though he's slightly inferior to Song Changyi, the difference isn't significant. In the last Heavenly Fire Leaderboard finale, their battle was intense, lasting until it almost got dark. Song Changyi only managed to gain the upper hand by half a move."

Wei Haolong patted Shu Han's shoulder, advising, "Prepare well. The group competition starts tomorrow, and you should take it seriously. Only one of you two will advance from Group 7. Better to lose to him than to others."

After Wei Haolong left, Shu Han continued to gaze at the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard, lost in thought.

Han Su!

The personal disciple of the Sect Leader and a contender on par with Song Changyi…

Worry began to settle in Shu Han's heart.

In the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard competition, he couldn't use the Eight-Direction Evil-Breaking Sword or the Chaotic Thunder. Too many eyes would be watching, and if members of the Green Thunder Sect found out, and linked him to Shangguan Ruolin, he'd be in grave danger.

Without these two magic treasures, the only formidable weapons he had were two treasures left behind by Elder Lu. Though powerful, they were no match for the Eight-Direction Evil-Breaking Sword.

In the end, he could only rely on his body, which had been tempered by the Skyfire. Although he could defeat Wei Haolong using his physical strength, facing someone as formidable as Han Su made him truly apprehensive.

Suddenly, Shu Han sensed something. Turning his head, he gazed towards the cliff edge of the Heavenly Fire platform. Against the glaring sunlight, he saw a figure intently observing him.

Activating his Clear Bright Spiritual Eye, Shu Han identified the man in a gray robe. The man noticed Shu Han's gaze, gave a polite smile, and quickly vanished from the cliff.

Han Su!

Shu Han's pupils constricted. It seemed Han Su had also set his sights on him. From the cautious look in Han Su's eyes, it appeared he had gauged Shu Han's strength. Otherwise, someone of Han Su's stature wouldn't have bothered observing a novice like Shu Han.

Shu Han sighed deeply. He initially thought he would easily secure a spot among the top three on the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard, but right from the start, things had taken an unexpected turn.

The next day.

The Heavenly Fire Leaderboard competition commenced as scheduled.

On the platform, several elders looked down upon the disciples below.

Shu Han glanced over and noticed the leading elder, a dignified middle-aged man with a tranquil yet authoritative face. Without uttering a word, his presence sent chills throughout the audience. Wei Haolong appeared extremely nervous, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, not daring to lift his head.

This elder must be the legendary Heavenly Fire Elder who at the pinnacle of the Core Formation's middle stage, is the chief among all elders in the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect.

As Shu Han attempted to pat Wei Haolong on the shoulder from within the line, the movement was immediately detected by the Heavenly Fire Elder. The elder's eyes flashed, and an invisible pressure bore down on Shu Han's outstretched hand. Shu Han felt as if his arm was being crushed by a mountain. Even with the black runes flashing, he couldn't resist in the slightest.

Eventually, unable to withstand the pressure, Shu Han retracted his hand and stood upright like everyone else, and only then did the oppressive aura vanish.

Aghast, Shu Han realized that with just a glance, the elder had completely subdued him.

Whispering weakly, Wei Haolong said, "I forgot to mention, in front of my father, you need to behave. Just listen to him obediently."

After the Heavenly Fire Elder announced the rules of the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard in a booming voice, he waved his hand, signaling the official start of the competition.

Instantly, the surrounding pressure vanished, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Song Changyi, who was in the first group, quickly had his turn.

His opponent was a disciple at the middle stage of the Foundation Establishment. Knowing he was facing Song Changyi, the disciple looked utterly dejected, wanting to forfeit.

However, the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard's rules explicitly forbid forfeiting. So, the disciple had no choice but to give it his all against Song Changyi.

Song Changyi was not the type to bully others. He had proclaimed in the past that he would never suppress others with his cultivation level.

During the battle, he limited his power to the middle stage of Foundation Establishment, intentionally exchanging moves with the disciple, essentially teaching him battle techniques in the process.

In the end, with a casual swing of his sword, Song Changyi sent the disciple off the platform.

Although the disciple lost, he bore no resentment. Instead, he respectfully bowed to Song Changyi, expressing gratitude for the invaluable guidance.

Wei Haolong exclaimed in amazement, "This young man is increasingly showing the demeanor of a sect leader!"

5