Chapter 221: Night Attack
95 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was Song Changyi's consistent style; he never oppressed others with his cultivation level.

Within the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect, opinions about him were highly polarized.

Many respected the integrity of Song Changyi, but there were also those who disdained his strict adherence to rules and norms.

Over the years, Song Changyi's mentality has become more stable and mature, no longer impulsive. He even began providing guidance to other disciples during battles, pointing out flaws in their combat methods.

Disciples who had sparred with Song Changyi invariably gained insights, whether big or small.

After a few matches, it was Shu Han's turn to enter the ring. Like Song Changyi, his opponent was also at the middle stage of the Foundation Establishment.

The disciple, seeing Shu Han's advanced cultivation and the large gold brick in his hand, couldn't help but feel intimidated. But Shu Han's next move made him utterly hopeless.

With a flash, Shu Han appeared right in front of him, and with one smack, sent him flying out of the arena, stars circling his head.

Shu Han had no intention of imitating Song Changyi's style.

For opponents with a vast disparity in strength, Shu Han's approach was always to finish them off quickly.

Shu Han exited the stage early and noticed that Han Su had also defeated his opponent instantly, not giving anyone a chance to observe his combat style. From their respective platforms, they glanced at each other, both wary and cautious.

Jumping off the platform, Shu Han couldn't find Wei Haolong. He wondered where that young man had wandered off to.

Eventually, in the crowd around the eighth platform of the seventh group, he spotted Wei Haolong.

The eighth platform was exceptionally crowded, packed with male cultivators. Wei Haolong was right at the front.

Opening his Clear Bright Spiritual Eye, Shu Han saw that it was Meng Shuran on the platform.

Dressed in a red robe, she stood on the platform like a butterfly perched on a flower, standing tall and elegant, emanating a lethal allure to the male cultivators. Assessing her aura, Shu Han realized that she had reached the pinnacle of the early stage of the Foundation Establishment and was on the verge of entering the middle stage.

The last time he saw her was at Fiery Cloud Onsen, where she had just entered Foundation Establishment. It was incredible that in just three short years, she had achieved such a level!

Thinking back to that trip to Fiery Cloud Onsen, Shu Han's face reddened. The sight of Meng Shuran's private moments under the water was hard to forget.

He cursed Wei Haolong in his heart. It was all because of this lecherous fiend who dragged him to the Fiery Cloud Onsen, making him witness such a scene! Now, it was imprinted in his mind, and he couldn't forget even if he wanted to.

If Linlin were to find out, he'd be doomed!

Meng Shuran's opponent was a mid-stage cultivator. The moment he stepped onto the platform, his gaze fixated on Meng Shuran's delicate figure and never moved away. Although he was stronger in terms of cultivation, he lost himself in Meng Shuran's enchanting demeanor, and in just a few moves, was knocked off the platform by the lesser-ranked Meng Shuran.

Seeing Meng Shuran's victory, the male cultivators cheered enthusiastically, with an atmosphere even more fervent than the finals.

Shu Han was dumbfounded, thinking, "Haven't these cultivators from the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect ever seen a female cultivator before? They're so entranced! How vulgar!"

However, deep down, Shu Han knew that if he hadn't encountered the superior beauty of Shangguan Ruolin, and if he didn't have the Clear Bright Spiritual Eye, he might have also been bewitched by this allure. After all, the Bewitching Body was equivalent to a top-tier spirit root in the world of cultivation! Few male cultivators could resist such temptation.

After the first round of Group Seven ended, it was time for Wei Haolong's Group Eight.

Wei Haolong's first opponent was a powerful late-stage cultivator, rumored to be well-ranked. This burly man knew he was no match for Wei Haolong, but he wanted to push him to reveal his real strength.

Shu Han clearly felt that when Wei Haolong ascended the platform, Elder Tianhuo's gaze from the elder's seat immediately focused on him.

This brought immense pressure to Wei Haolong. What should have been a dominant match for him turned increasingly tense.

His opponent grew more and more vigorous, using the Triple Instantaneous Blink Technique to its fullest. In contrast, Wei Haolong seemed restrained, entirely unlike his usual carefree demeanor.

In the end, Wei Haolong had to resort to the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique to secure the win.

His opponent, with a lower cultivation level, had forced Wei Haolong to reveal his Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique. Even in defeat, the man left with his head held high, feeling proud.

Wei Haolong, despite his victory, looked pale, unable to lift his head, resembling a defeated rooster.

Without looking, Shu Han could feel the palpable disappointment in the atmosphere.

He patted Wei Haolong on the shoulder, saying, "Let's go. Adjust your mood. I'll buy you a drink."

Wei Haolong sighed deeply, glancing toward the elder's seat on the leaderboard. Heavenly Fire Elder had already left.

After the first round of battles ended, Shu Han arrived at Wei Haolong's courtyard. He found him sitting in silence, downing one drink after another. Shu Han knew that Wei Haolong's usual mischievous demeanor was a mask to hide the resentment that had built up over the years.

This resentment erupted entirely during this ranking competition.

Seeing him drown his sorrows in alcohol, Shu Han found it hard to console his friend.

He drank silently into the night, while Shu Han remained sober. Eventually, with a dazed expression, Wei Haolong said to Shu Han, "Old Yu, I feel I might never reach the Core Formation cultivation level in this lifetime."

Shu Han replied, "Your talent is not insignificant. With your many years of accumulation, you've long had the qualifications to step into the Core Formation stage. You're more aware of this than I am."

Pointing to Wei Haolong's heart, Shu Han said, "The Golden Core lies within you. It's up to you to release it."

Holding his chest, Wei Haolong gazed at his wine glass with a sense of loss. After a while, he said, "Old Yu, let's leave. There are more battles tomorrow. I'd like some time alone."

Seeing Wei Haolong's state, Shu Han didn't wish to disturb him further and left the courtyard, flying towards the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect.

Wei Haolong's issues were something he had to resolve on his own; no one else could assist him.

After battling Meng Shuran tomorrow, he'd face Han Su the day after. He had to nourish his energy to its peak before then.

However, as Shu Han was flying, he suddenly felt a disturbance in his storage pouch's thunder-summoning flag.

A chill ran down his spine, and he swiftly dodged to the side.

Suddenly, a blinding red light descended from the sky. Fortunately, Shu Han had evaded in time, or he would've been ambushed.

He looked up, spotting a figure in black standing in the air. This person was standing on an array, holding a long halberd, his face obscured, his gaze fixed on Shu Han.

"Hmph! Coward, hiding your face! Show yourself!"

Shu Han's Clear Bright Spiritual Eye shone brightly, attempting to see through the person's disguise.

However, the light from the Clear Bright Spiritual Eye couldn't penetrate the veil. Shu Han was taken aback. Over the years, his cultivated eye had never failed to see through anything.

Who was this person? Why ambush him?

The figure wasn't keen on talking. Stepping on intricate array patterns, he struck like lightning.

Shu Han wanted to summon his Eight-Direction Evil-Breaking Sword, but recalling the disturbance in the thunder flag, he refrained. Instead, he summoned a gold brick, channeling both spiritual power and physical strength. The brick expanded rapidly, flying towards the attacker.

Boom!

The halberd and brick clashed evenly. Surprise flashed in the eyes of the figure. The array beneath him lit up again, and Shu Han felt the thunder flag quiver.

A paralyzing sensation spread from the brick. The attacker's power surged, his halberd sweeping across, knocking Shu Han from the sky.

The man in black pursued his advantage, the array patterns beneath his feet glowing brightly, all his spiritual power converging on his halberd.

With a forceful thrust, he aimed straight for Shu Han's life.

6