Chapter 227: The Identity of Han Su
74 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the platform, the spiritual power of both individuals had reached its peak.

The radiance of Han Su's Twin Heavenly Fire Suns became increasingly intense, melting over half of the platform into lava. The platform's protective formation was flashing wildly.

Seeing this, Heavenly Fire Elder cast a talisman into the air, affixing it onto the erratic formation.

Instantly, the tumultuous formation stabilized.

Shu Han's body flashed with the dark light of Black Abyssal Fire, but he was now cornered at the edge of the platform by the intense heatwave.

Han Su's strength surpassed his expectations. The power of these Twin Heavenly Fire Suns was nearing Core Formation-stage strength.

At this point, Shu Han could only resort to using the Eight-Direction Evil-Breaking Sword and the Chaotic Thunder Tribulation to challenge him. However, thinking of the powerful individuals from the Green Thunder Sect lurking around the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect, he dared not use these two treasures.

So, Shu Han, steeling himself, stomped forcefully on the tottering platform. Focusing all his spirit, energy, and soul into his right fist, he let out a powerful shout, thrusting his fist toward Han Su.

In that split second, his fist seemed to summon an army of thousands. The immense fist aura surged forth, obliterating everything in its path. The platform's molten lava, akin to a volcanic eruption, exploded from the force of the punch. The platform looked as if boiling oil had been splashed with water, with the lava erupting violently.

Han Su's Twin Heavenly Fire Suns emitted a scorching flare, its reddish brilliance surging forth, confronting Shu Han's dark fist aura.

Crack!

Countless cracks spread across the platform, extending to the spectator seats, leaving the audience drenched in cold sweat.

Their eyes were glued to the ongoing battle on the platform. The fiery flare of the Twin Suns enveloped Shu Han's fist aura, aiming to obliterate it entirely. In contrast, Shu Han's fist aura struggled fiercely, resembling a drill attempting to carve a path directly toward Han Su through the blinding flare.

The clash of titans, for a moment, was evenly matched. However, the tide of victory soon began tilting in Han Su's favor.

The radiance of the Twin Heavenly Fire Suns grew even more intense, scorching everything on the platform. Han Su's Suns transformed from the gentle morning sun to the blazing midday sun, emitting solar flares so bright they were almost white, blinding to all who tried to look.

On the other hand, Shu Han's power began to wane. The aura from his punch started retreating, and the platform beneath his feet was also melting progressively.

Under the Twin Heavenly Fire Suns, all resistance seemed destined to be burned into nothingness.

At this moment, Shu Han could somewhat empathize with the feelings of the Forest Tribe members under Song Jinglun's Heavenly Fire Suns in the past.

Under the Heavenly Fire Suns, all seems like an illusion.

In truth, losing to Han Su didn't really matter to Shu Han. He didn't possess such an intense competitive spirit. However, the Fire Leaderboard was tied to the ownership of the Earth Dragon Fire's origin, which, in turn, was related to the "Fiery Sun Dominating the Sky" event nine years from now.

That was his best chance to break through the Core Formation stage. Giving up the Earth Dragon Fire's origin would mean giving up that golden opportunity, which he absolutely could not accept!

Three hundred years was too short. If he wanted to form a Nascent Soul, he had to seize every slightest opportunity!

"Sky Palace Mysterious Secret!"

Biting his lip, Shu Han used this secret technique.

In an instant, his previously exhausted physical strength and cultivation base started rejuvenating, refilling his body with even more powerful physical strength and spiritual power.

The Sky Palace Mysterious Secret was like spring rain after a long drought, rejuvenating Shu Han with newfound vitality. In this state, Shu Han's strength suddenly surged to more than twice its original level.

"Ha!"

With a mighty shout from Shu Han, the force under his feet shattered the platform into powder.

A vast dark light erupted from his right fist. If the fist aura from before resembled a small river, then the one erupting now was akin to a mighty, flowing river.

In a blink, the dark light overshadowed the sun's flare, retaliating against Han Su with overwhelming force.

Han Su's eyes widened in disbelief. He couldn't fathom how Shu Han, who was on the verge of defeat, could suddenly unleash such terrifying power. Hastily, he threw his twin swords, with the Twin Heavenly Fire Suns plunging forward. However, the dark fist aura shattered the Twin Suns upon impact.

"It's bad!"

The expression on Han Su's face quickly shifted from shock to terror. The dark fist aura was upon him, ready to engulf him. At this moment, he felt as though time had stretched indefinitely. He tried to dodge, but his body wouldn't obey.

"It's over!"

Boom!

Suddenly, an air wall appeared out of nowhere. The punch, amplified by Shu Han's doubled strength, hit the wall and disappeared like mud flowing into the sea.

Both Shu Han and Han Su looked up. They saw Song Jinglun slowly lowering his raised hand, and the invisible air wall vanished with it.

Song Jinglun declared loudly, "Competition among sect members should be kept within limits. Inflicting serious injuries is not appropriate. In this battle, Yu Tiancheng excels. For Group Seven, Yu Tiancheng wins!"

Whoosh!

The spectators were pulled out of their shock, and they couldn't help but applaud the victor.

Amidst the applause, Shu Han slowly calmed his heart. The after-effects of using the Sky Palace Mysterious Secret began to spread throughout his body. It took all his remaining strength to ensure he didn't collapse on the spot. Han Su, on the other hand, stood frozen in place, staring at Shu Han in a daze, seemingly unable to believe the turn of events.

Seeing Han Su still standing on the platform, Song Jinglun shouted, a voice as piercing as thunder, pulling Han Su out of his stupor.

"Disciple, step down!"

Han Su seemed to wake up from a dream, closed his eyes in pain, bowed respectfully to Song Jinglun, and then turned to leave the platform.

Shu Han watched his departing figure, his thoughts gradually aligning with that of the black-clothed youth from that night.

Through a series of intense exchanges, Shu Han was almost certain that Han Su was the black-clothed youth who had attacked him that night. Because right from the start, Han Su seemed to be wary of his "Heavenly Fire Penetration", a technique that a normal cultivator shouldn't know about, and one that Shu Han had never shown to others except for that black-clothed youth on that night.

He chuckled to himself. It was amusing that Han Su, a direct disciple of Song Jinglun, turned out to be an undercover agent for the Green Thunder Sect.

Two undercover agents, one overt and one covert, monitor the Green Thunder Sect inside and out.

Having recognized Han Su, the motive behind the Green Thunder Sect elder's attempt to kill him also became clear. They were worried about complications arising in Han Su's platform competition. They thought that by severely injuring him and understanding his techniques, they would have the upper hand.

Shu Han thought contemptuously, "Too bad, I have many more cards up my sleeve, any of which could defeat you, Han Su." However, he was still puzzled as to why Han Su valued the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard so much that he even called upon a Core Formation elder to intercept and kill him halfway. Why did they go to such lengths?

Though Shu Han was unfamiliar with the term "Nascent Soul", he could deduce that the Green Thunder Sect was planning something against the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect.

Casting another glance at Song Jinglun on the stage, he wondered if he should reveal Han Su's true identity.

After pondering, Shu Han felt that revealing it wouldn't benefit him. Without concrete evidence, he might even be accused of trying to sow discord between the master and disciple.

Thus, he decided not to dwell on the matter any longer and calmly stepped down from the platform.

5