Chapter 230: Bathing in Fire for Core Formation
76 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Atop the stage, a fire dragon, transformed from the Earth Dragon Flame, engulfed everything in its path. As the Earth Dragon Flame surged, it consumed itself, serving as a pedestal for the fire dragon, which then ascended to the fifth evolution of the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique.

Blinding white light erupted from the stage, rolling waves of heat cascading outward, causing the surrounding air to explode in bursts.

Shu Han watched with heart pounding, his Clear Bright Spiritual Eye piercing through the fire dragon to catch a glimpse of Wei Haolong within. The man appeared to be disintegrating.

It was evident that Wei Haolong was struggling to control the fifth stage of the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique. Moreover, this technique was not like the Instantaneous Blink Technique. Forcibly using a high-level Instantaneous Blink Technique might result only in failure. But deriving from it, the more domineering Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique, if used forcefully, carried the risk of self-destruction by the heavenly flame.

Facing the relentless heat waves, Shu Han cursed inwardly, "Damn old Wei, is this the 'surprise' you mentioned? It feels more like a fright! He can't go on like this. Before even reaching the fifth level, he'll burn to nothing! Damn it all! If you're so keen to win, I'd let you! But why risk your life against me?"

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh!

Without hesitation, Shu Han hurled seventy-two gold bricks above the fire dragon's head. They fused into a magnificent pyramid, its radiant golden glow attempting to suppress the evolving fire dragon.

But this intensely compressed fire dragon was beyond the restraining power of the gold bricks. The golden pyramid wavered atop the dragon's head, threatening to collapse.

At that moment, black patterns on Shu Han's arms shimmered. Gathering all his energy, he stomped on the stage with one foot forward and the other back.

Crack! Crack!

Massive fissures spread from where Shu Han had stamped, and a torrent of dark light emerged, resembling a ferocious black dragon, lunging at the roaring fire dragon enveloping Wei Haolong.

The evolving fire dragon instantly entangled with the black one. Soon, with the support of the golden Gilded Soul-Calming Brick, Shu Han's energy began to dominate. The fire dragon let out a whimper, its form rapidly diminishing.

"Get out!"

Suddenly, his energy pierced the fire dragon, charging straight for Wei Haolong within, aiming to eject him from the dragon's fiery confines.

However, as the dark energy entered the fire dragon, the flames around Wei Haolong burned even brighter, bearing a stance of desperate resistance.

From the spectator stands of the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard, the Heavenly Fire Elder could no longer maintain his composure. He abruptly stood up, bowing deeply to Song Jinglun, declaring, "In this battle, my son, Wei Haolong, forfeits! I implore the Sect Leader to intervene and stop this match."

Song Jinglun let out a deep sigh, saying, "Very well. To battle to this extent is unnecessary. The outcome of this fight is already clear. Let it end as the Heavenly Fire Elder suggests."

However, as he spoke, a sudden heatwave surged from below, charging directly at the Heavenly Fire spectator stand.

Song Jinglun's brow furrowed as he quickly looked down.

Wave after wave of overwhelming heat managed to break through the defense array of the Heavenly Fire stage. Disciples near the stage were sent sprawling by the gusts.

Song Jinglun's eyes shifted uncertainly, but with urgency, he directed a blaze toward the Heavenly Fire stage, steadying the explosive heatwave emanating from it.

At that moment, the majority of the Heavenly Fire stage had melted away. A fire dragon soared from the molten lava, its resonant roar echoing through the entirety of Fire Cloud Peak.

The golden pyramid Shu Han had used for suppression was instantly penetrated. The fire dragon, radiating an intense white heat, roared menacingly at Shu Han in mid-air.

Then, diving down swiftly, its claws aimed directly at a stunned Shu Han.

"What in the world?!"

Shu Han, unsure of the unfolding events, felt his punch's energy suddenly repelled by a profound force. In a split second, Wei Haolong's fire dragon had achieved the fifth evolution of the Heavenly Fire Dominating Break Technique.

Facing the fire dragon's onslaught, Shu Han didn't dare to be careless. He unleashed an energy as formidable as when he fought Han Su, aiming to knock down the attacking fire dragon.

But his previously unstoppable punch now seemed like mere ripples across the surface of the dragon.

The dragon's claws tore through his punch's energy, preparing to deliver a crushing blow from above.

Shu Han's eyes widened in disbelief, cursing inwardly, "This is terrifying! Even if I were to use the Sky Palace Mysterious Secret to boost my combat strength, I'm no match. Since when could old Wei unleash such power?"

Could it be...

Shu Han's resistance fell short, leaving him no time to evade.

Reluctantly, he readied himself to deploy the Sky Feather White Phoenix Armor, prepared to endure Wei Haolong's devastating strike.

However, just as the fire dragon's menacing claw was about to reach Shu Han, it abruptly halted in mid-air.

The fire dragon, brimming with an explosive force, vanished in an instant, revealing Wei Haolong himself.

His demeanor had changed completely.

Wei Haolong floated mid-air, his body radiating the scorching heat of the Earth Dragon Fire, with strands of golden light spreading from his dantian. Suddenly, a golden lotus emerged from within him, slowly blossoming to reveal a perfectly formed Golden Core.

The Golden Core, naturally formed and radiant, harmonized with the essence of the Earth Dragon Fire, shimmering brilliantly.

Shu Han was stunned.

Core Formation stage!

At this point, Song Jinglun quickly stood up. The observing elders immediately followed suit. All the watching disciples solemnly rose to their feet, their gaze fixed upon Wei Haolong, who was undergoing a metamorphosis at the center of the stage.

Song Jinglun showed a smile, turning his gaze to the Heavenly Fire Elder. The elder looked at Wei Haolong, his eyes reflecting a myriad of emotions, making it hard to discern whether he was pleased or worried.

Song Jinglun announced loudly, "Heaven blesses our Fiery Cloud Instant Sect. Today, our sect welcomes another Core Formation stage master. From this day forth, disciple Wei Haolong will be promoted to the rank of Elder in the Fiery Cloud Instant Sect, ranked seventeenth. He is awarded one hundred thousand sect contribution points, gifted a peak cave mansion, and granted a share of the Earth Dragon Fire origin! For this advancement match, Wei Haolong showed restraint; hence he is deemed the victor!"

Upon hearing this, all disciples cast envious glances at Wei Haolong.

Even Shu Han couldn't help but admire the fellow.

From near-defeat to victory, he had miraculously broken through to the Core Formation stage during the fight!

Wei Haolong gracefully retracted his golden lotus, summoning back his Golden Core. The majestic aura of the Core Formation stage gradually faded.

He took a deep breath, awakening from the enlightenment of his advancement.

Feeling the transition from the fluctuating Foundation Establishment stage to the completeness of the Core Formation stage, a surge of joy overwhelmed him. Attempting to maintain a haughty image resulted in his delicate face contorting, barely suppressing a mischievous grin.

Shu Han approached, exclaiming, "Your smile is downright ugly!"

Wei Haolong looked at Shu Han smugly, boasting, "Old Yu, this time you've fallen at my hands. How does that feel?"

"It feels awful!"

An annoyed Shu Han retorted, "Of all times to advance, you chose during our duel. Now, I'm stuck in my rank and miss the top three in the Heavenly Fire Leaderboard. What about my Earth Dragon Fire? You've completely sabotaged me!"

With that, Shu Han stormed off the stage.

Wei Haolong quickly approached, placing an arm around Shu Han's shoulder, trying to console him, "Look at you, wearing that sour face. You act as if I owe you a fortune. It's just the Earth Dragon Fire. If I top the list this time, I'll give you the Earth Dragon Fire essence I receive, okay?"

Shu Han eyed him skeptically, "Really?"

"Of course!"

Wei Haolong sighed, "It's also thanks to your guidance over the years; otherwise, I wouldn't have achieved today's breakthrough. What's the big deal about the Earth Dragon Fire? It's yours!"

Then Wei Haolong whispered, "Anyway, I'll get more Earth Dragon Fire essence upon becoming an elder. Giving you a bit won't hurt..."

Shu Han: "..."

6